What is the Gospel?

Sonnet

There is no such thing as an "offer" of salvation. Salvation is guaranteed for those Messiah died for.

If this is also the Gospel - then we have two contradictory definitions.

CREATOR or BANG?

There is strong evidence for Darwinism as far as I can see but I wont discuss this here otherwise the thread will be derailed.

Thanks.

Truster

If this is also the Gospel - then we have two contradictory definitions.

There is strong evidence for Darwinism as far as I can see but I wont discuss this here otherwise the thread will be derailed.

Thanks.

The contradiction is in man and not the Bible.

Sonnet

The contradiction is in man and not the Bible.

Paul says this is the Gospel:

Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance:

that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Truster

Paul says this is the Gospel:

Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance:

that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Those words are not directed at you. You're reading other peoples mail and trying to apply the message contained within to yourself.

Truster

A Gospel for believers only - not for unbelievers? Two Gospels?

The epistles are all addressed to the regenerate. The evangelists Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are open and give the history. One evangelism, one power, one trust and one result.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The epistles are all addressed to the regenerate. The evangelists Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are open and give the history. One evangelism, one power, one trust and one result.

Jesus came for the sinners... not the religious...

He railed against the self proclaimed .. “regenerate”.

You couldn’t be more wrong... T dawg...

Sonnet is making a fool out of you... and your own pride and self righteousness is his easy leverage.

In scripture... people asked... what must I do to be saved...?

There is a definitive good news answer. Sincerely t-dawg... you are a false witness full of hostility and negativity.

I apologize for saying d bag earlier and have been corrected appropriately... What I meant was stiff necked, know it all that accuses others of what you are guilty of... ;)

Truster

Sonnet is making a fool out of you... and your own pride and self righteousness is his easy leverage.

There is a definitive good news answer. Sincerely t-dawg... you are a false witness full of hostility and negativity.

I apologize for saying d bag earlier and have been corrected appropriately... What I meant was stiff necked, know it all that accuses others of what you are guilty of... ;)

You and Sonnet are one and the same.

Sonnet

Do Calvinists preach a different and contradictory Gospel to that which you espouse? Do you recognise that the interested unbeliever is being presented with two such conflicting Gospels?

Sonnet

Would you preach this as part of the Gospel:

Romans 9
13Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

14What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15For he says to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
16It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” 18Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

19One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’ ” 21Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

22What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You and Sonnet are one and the same.

Unobstructed by demons and opinions of men?

I would hope so. Thank you for the compliment.

By being as you are... you miss that Sonnet desires Jesus Christ... but is searching. You wicked servant... you bury the Lords investment...

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Would you preach this as part of the Gospel:

Romans 9
13Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

14What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15For he says to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
16It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” 18Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

19One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’ ” 21Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

22What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?

I can preach all scripture and point to Christ’s unconditional love.

Romans 12:19-20 gives the Esau verse deeper context... God breaks the hardened and lavishes the weak with His Love.

The word that is “hate” is to persecute... God’s indiscriminate Love is persecution to the Hateful and hardened and thus it is as if it were Hate...

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
"For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity". You have no part in the evangelism.

You have no part in grace... for you know it not and show it not... may God justly judge your iniquity and cut out your false tongue.