What is the Gospel?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If God is subject to time, then time is God. That's my whole point. God can be subject to no noun, otherwise God isn't God. Grammatically.
Life is a noun.
Is GOD subject to life or does He move in and out of life?

Truth is a noun.
Is GOD subject to truth or does He move in and out of truth?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How long has time been eternal?
Always.
You can divide time into segments that have a beginning and end (like days, or eras, or lifetimes), but time itself includes all segments continually, frontwards or backwards.

Eternal has no limits;
Well, we are given eternal life, so that did have a beginning.

But eternal in the sense you are using, yes it has not limits frontwards or backwards --- keeps going and going and going.

time had a starting point.
Couldn't have a beginning.
If it did, then nothing could be going on.
No interaction, no movement, no thoughts, etc.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

Jesus also said this:
John 7:24 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:24) Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

2Tim 4:2 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:2) Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Indeed... but I think people miss that this states to look past flesh. I will judge myself in this matter. I have hurt peoples hearts in debate, by placing doctrine over Love.

The fact is... no one on this site or any like it, with good conscience, wants to be wrong. We all think we are correct.

I don’t believe the Post Pentecost Acts 2 Unity was about perfect Doctrine, but Perfect unity and Love in Jesus Christ. I have brow beat many kind people here over “faith alone”... but I have come to the conclusion... faith without Love is empty!

I think I hid this... because people would accuse me of being “works based” when I spoke of it... but Love is the big VERB that is God’s desire for all!

So... when an impasse is met... IE two parties disagree, but Love the Son and the Father... two choices are available... cast one another asunder, or find peace in Jesus Christ as common ground.

The Judgmental, Finger pointing of specific sins is clearly not what Jesus meant here... especially if Flesh is removed from the equation. As a wrathful debater that is now realizing the damage I did... I see this as from a stance of Love, Grace, Compassion and far removed from the Law. Perhaps it is more towards humility and Forgivness, tapered with understanding and self controlled empathy for others.

Love always wins out! If a person is Loved sincerely, they will walk towards that love and open their heart. If a person’s brains are theologically bashed in and their “sin” is pointed out... they will harden their heart.

I say this, because I have failed so horribly in the past! I will probably fail in the future... but this Love thing trumps all and I’m leaning on God and Love as the foundation of everything.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Indeed... but I think people miss that this states to look past flesh. I will judge myself in this matter. I have hurt peoples hearts in debate, by placing doctrine over Love.

The fact is... no one on this site or any like it, with good conscience, wants to be wrong. We all think we are correct.

I don’t believe the Post Pentecost Acts 2 Unity was about perfect Doctrine, but Perfect unity and Love in Jesus Christ. I have brow beat many kind people here over “faith alone”... but I have come to the conclusion... faith without Love is empty!

I think I hid this... because people would accuse me of being “works based” when I spoke of it... but Love is the big VERB that is God’s desire for all!

So... when an impasse is met... IE two parties disagree, but Love the Son and the Father... two choices are available... cast one another asunder, or find peace in Jesus Christ as common ground.

The Judgmental, Finger pointing of specific sins is clearly not what Jesus meant here... especially if Flesh is removed from the equation. As a wrathful debater that is now realizing the damage I did... I see as from a stance of Love, Grace Compassion and far removed from the Law. Perhaps it is more towards humility and Forgivness, tapered with understanding and self controlled empathy for others.

Love always wins out! If a person is Loved sincerely, they will walk towards that love and open their heart. If a person’s brains are theologically bashes in and their “sin” is pointed out... they will harden their heart.

I say this, because I have failed so horribly in the past! I will probably fail in the future... but this Love thing trumps all and I’m leaning on God and Love as the foundation of everything.
Dude, it's like you're trying to write a Hallmark card with every post. Give it up.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

Dude, it's like you're trying to write a Hallmark card with every post. Give it up.

I’m sorry if love offends you, but unapologetically recognize my abuse of it. It shouldn’t offend and Jesus is the deepest lover of them all.

1 John 4:8 and 1 Corinthians 13 bring it all home! Without Love... No Thing! It’s swept under the rug and I’m done sweeping it under the rug.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

Always.
You can divide time into segments that have a beginning and end (like days, or eras, or lifetimes), but time itself includes all segments continually, frontwards or backwards.

But eternal in the sense you are using, yes it has not limits frontwards or backwards --- keeps going and going and going.

Would you be willing to look past our disagreements and disagreement here and explain to me, from your perspective, how infinity can arrive at a destination in time... since time is a linear measurement?

meshak

BANNED
Banned

The Judgmental, Finger pointing of specific sins is clearly not what Jesus meant here... especially if Flesh is removed from the equation. As a wrathful debater that is now realizing the damage I did... I see this as from a stance of Love, Grace, Compassion and far removed from the Law. Perhaps it is more towards humility and Forgivness, tapered with understanding and self controlled empathy for others.

Love always wins out! If a person is Loved sincerely, they will walk towards that love and open their heart. If a person’s brains are theologically bashed in and their “sin” is pointed out... they will harden their heart.

Yes, you have changed greatly. No one changed like you in this forum. I know you were flirting with popular posters and despised the minority like me.

You don't do that anymore.

I hope you keep upward towards Jesus.

bless you, brother.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Are truth and life eternal - no beginning no end?
I don't know what you're getting at. God is subject to no noun, otherwise that noun is God, and that's just grammatically incorrect. There are plenty of nouns that God tells us are equivalent to Him, like love, and plenty of others that depend upon Him, like life and truth, but there are no nouns that He is subject to, otherwise He is not God, and that other noun is.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

Yes, you have changed greatly. No one changed like you in this forum. I know you were flirting with popular posters and despised the minority like me.

bless you, brother.

Please know... it only shows the depth of my failure and in no way makes me “enlightened”... if anything... I’m beginning to comprehend how very small I am... in a place of welcomed humility.

God bless you too, sister.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Please know... it only shows the depth of my failure and in no way makes me “enlightened”... if anything... I’m beginning to comprehend how very small I am... in a place of welcomed humility.

God bless you too, sister.

You are showing humility that one of the main virtue of Jesus' teachings.

Right Divider

Body part
Always.

How can time go back forever? How old is God?

Once again, you are thinking in terms of the created universe and not the eternal God.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Would you be willing to look past our disagreements and disagreement here
Maybe.

and explain to me, from your perspective, how infinity can arrive at a destination in time... since time is a linear measurement?
Infinity does not arrive at a destination.
Neither does time.
You can't have infinity without time because infinity is a term for infinite time frontwards and backwards.

Sonnet

bless you, brother.

:)