What is the Gospel?

glorydaz

His idols abound in his signature, and his corruption can be seen on this thread. I cannot abide by his anti witness any longer.

And we see the "anti witness" of this carnal man of the flesh (EVIL EYEBALL) posing as a believer.

What this ignorant man (EVIL ONE) doesn't want to admit is that he limits the atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ when he claims only believers will be saved. Everyone except universalists limit the atonement in some way.

The Calvinists limit it to a paticular group they consider elect, according to my understanding, while those who preach the Gospel of Grace limit the atonement to those who believe.

Clearly this so called "debater" (EVIL eye) is ruled by his carnal nature and not the Spirit of God. His pride has been assaulted....as well it should be, and he insists on spewing his vile and ignorance on the rest of us. His attacks on AMR make me sick. I certainly don't agree with everything AMR teaches, but I don't agree on everything others teach, either. Does that give me the right to puke on all the other posters here, calling some to join my crusade like a baby brat in diapers?

THIS EVIL ONE obviously doesn't know the difference between Calvin's doctrine of Limited Atonement and the teaching that only those who believe will be saved. I see a limitation, and God forbid, I should be called out by this EVIL MORON for clearly stating that LIMITATION.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The brass tacks of the GOOD NEWS.......

The brass tacks of the GOOD NEWS.......

Jesus died for all but not everyone accepts it.

You have to acknowledge this fact to enter God's kingdom.

blessings.

Yes, this would be a matter of what factors affect or condition one's response-ability towards God.

Jesus gave his life for all, thru love, and so his 'gospel' is the message of God's love thru service to others (the true sacrifice being the laying down of one's whole being to fulfill love's will), whereby that divine love inspires one to live for love's sake.

A friend of 'God' will serve 'God' and his will, naturally.

The 'good news' is simply that God reveals his love thru his Son, and thru his sons and daughters (thru spiritual regeneration), and we are to share and extend this love to all. The 'gospel' is the story of God's LOVE being fulfilled in our lives, thru-out space and time, into eternity.

Again, the only limiting factor if indeed this factor can LIMIT or REJECT divine love, is the individual's ability and CHOICE to respond, receive and ACT upon that love.

This is the essential truth pertaining to the matter of one's acceptance and experience of 'salvation' or 'liberation' from whatever prevents one from the full benefit of LOVE.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Recapping thots in the GARDEN..........

Recapping thots in the GARDEN..........

~*~*~

Recap of some of my former posts on the 'gospel' below -

- what is the gospel? (objective more skeptical view)

- gospel focus

- gospel grab bag

- the kingdom gospel is eternal, since his kingdom is eternal

- kingdom of Spirit-government

* It really comes down to one's own definition of terms,...and then the meanings and values given and associated with those 'terms' within a given context. It will all be subjectively interpreted and related, however that translates into one's actual experience of relationships in secular and religious life. The whole war on TULIP is 'technicalities' (word salad) as one could just as well throw up an Arminian DAISY and its just tip-toeing thru the same garden with various weeds for the pulling.

I'll come up with a Gnostic flower acronym maybe, and put my fun lil spin on that ;)

Danoh

This is not universalism.

They believe you don't have to accept Jesus to be saved.

That is why it is false - just as false as your extreme - your false gospel of an endless treadmill of one's own works for salvation.

In contrast to "the truth of the gospel..."

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Acts 17:11,12.

Danoh

I am wrong because I don't believe in Universalism?

I never said that.

What I said is that you are as wrong as the Universalist because your gospel is as wrong as theirs is...

Your own error is that you believe in works for salvation - in complete disagreement with the passages I quoted to you that clearly show what you have just now proven once more - that you have trouble properly understanding what you read.

I won't fault you for obviously being unable to properly understand what you read.

But my faulting you or not, is not going to save you from your obvious error.

Again - only believing the following will save you from your works based error...

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Acts 17:11,12.

Romans 5:8 towards you.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Derf,

You applauded AMR’s post about my methods of communication... I am disappointed. To you.. I say thank you for correcting me. Your words are ointment to my soul.
[MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION]

Would be kind if a great deal of the post above could be redacted so that it is not visible to others.

AMR

Sonnet

You jump to the conclusion that they were bitten because they were sinners.
Since all men are sinners, all should have been bitten.
But all were not bitten.
Why?
Why were some not bitten?
Who do the ones not bitten represent?

Why do you add "consider" when it is not in the verse?????

The verse clearly says those that are not sick do not need healing.
Moses was not sick from a snake bite and needed no healing.

So, if 'being bitten' was suppose to be representative of sinners, and all of mankind are sinners, then Moses should have been bitten too.
But he wasn't.
Why was Moses not bitten?

#2318 remains unchallenged.

Sonnet

Doesn't appear you are a Universalist then - (the false teaching that ALL WILL be saved).

In contrast to the Truth that Christ died for ALL - which is NOT the same thing.

For though there is this...

2 Corinthians 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

There is also the need for this...

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

In light of and through this...

5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

What say you on all that?

Thanks, in advance.

Thanks Danoh - certainly such scriptures underpin the claim that Christ died for all.

Sonnet

What's to challenge? There is no "there" there. You give your opinion and there is nothing there but speculation on your part.

This might be said about every sentence ever posted on a forum. John 3:14-16 clearly teaches a genuine offer of salvation to those Scripture claims are sinners - which, it would seem, is good news for mankind.

Lon

The Lord Jesus tasted death for every man (Heb.2:9).
The mongergistic nature of God's saving Grace, emphasizes that man should have no part in his/her salvation, lest he/she then can lose it. IOW, synergism salvation 'can' leave us exactly as we were found and is not much help at all. Therefore, many MADists and almost all Perseverance/OSAS folks, will believe in some form of an atonement that is wholly in God's hands and man cannot mess up. It is the larger part and concern then, that atonement must therefore be in God's hands, not mans'. "If" that is true, then atonement is limited in scope when all are not saved "because God keeps whom He saves."

Many/most who are unlimited atonement proponents, tend to either be universalists or Arminian, believing that man can lose or give up his/her salvation. Iow, those who believe it is limited believe it is complete, done deal, while those who believe in an unlimited atonement see themselves as having to meet God halfway, or part of the way and that such is not assured, it 'depends.' That, or as I previously mentioned, that all are saved and there is nothing men ever need do: God does it all and for all men, without exception.

Only those who believe are baptized or identified with that death (Ro.6:3-4).
Which, depending upon how this makes sense to you, makes you either a Calvinist or a synergist where your salvation depends in some measure, upon you. Either God saves to the uttermost or we are partially responsible for saving ourselves, at least on the surface of the Calvinism/other debate. Question: Does any of my future in Christ, depend on me? Does that mean I can mess it up?