ECT What is the Gospel?

heir

TOL Subscriber
"Jesus preaches" DO for eternal life

Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Paul preaches DO NOTHING for eternal life

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

musterion

That's what's so funny to watch...GT preaches "obey every word of Jesus for salvation" out of one side of her mouth, then exempts herself from that "sell all" command with the other side. So does Meshak. They SAY but will not DO.

God's Truth

Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Paul preaches DO NOTHING for eternal life

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You are badly mistaken.

Paul says not to be deceived.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

musterion

Paul says whoever preaches another gospel is accursed.

Paul did not curse Jesus or himself.

The Gospel for today was unrevealed and unknown until it was given through Paul. That Gospel is now God's baseline, the benchmark, by which all other gospel messages are measured, including the ones that came before it, which were 100% from God but are no longer operational for today. Claiming a deactivated Gospel for yourself is like trying to redeem some stock certificates you found, from a company 50 years out of business. No authority will not honor it because (a) it's no longer backed by anything, (b) they weren't yours to begin with, and (c) He has superseded it with a newer one.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Gospel for today was unrevealed and unknown until it was given through Paul. That Gospel is now God's baseline, the benchmark, by which all other gospel messages are measured, including the ones that came before it, which were 100% from God but are no longer operational for today. Claiming a deactivated Gospel for yourself is like trying to redeem some stock certificates you found, from a company 50 years out of business. No authority will not honor it because (a) it's no longer backed by anything, (b) they weren't yours to begin with, and (c) He has superseded it with a newer one.

:thumb: Excellent!

God's Truth

I do tell you that I am so glad to hear you speaking to me more about your beliefs. I do not know how you get that you have told me many times before.

I want to say though that there is only one gospel.

Even the ascended Jesus taught to obey him.

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Revelation 12:17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring—those who obey God’s commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God’s commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 11:31
But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment.

1 Timothy 3:6
He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

Musterion, tell me what Paul is speaking about in these scriptures.

musterion

I do tell you that I am so glad to hear you speaking to me more about your beliefs. I do not know how you get that you have told me many times before.

Either you're lying again, or your memory is shot. Last year I once spent HOURS into the early morning posting with you on this very topic. This is NOT the first time you've heard what I'm saying, from me and from others like JohnW, Tam, Heir, Steko, etc.

God's Truth

Either you're lying again, or your memory is shot. Last year I once spent HOURS into the early morning posting with you on this very topic. This is NOT the first time you've heard what I'm saying, from me and from others like JohnW, Tam, Heir, Steko, etc.

Usually you and most those you mention only insult and slander when you all speak to me, just as you are even now slipping back into doing.

Now see if you can answer my questions and reply to the scriptures that I gave.

That is what a discuss is all about.

musterion

You refuse to deal with Paul exactly as he is found -- you have to try to harmonize him with the four Gospels and the circumcision apostles for your traditions to work.

Paul won't let you.

You cannot explain what exactly was the good news Paul was given that was not revealed to any human being before it was given through him.

God's Truth

Not possible. Paul said there was good news revealed to and through him, which was not taught to him by any human being and which was previously unrevealed. THAT RIGHT THERE destroys Christendom's "one gospel" lie.

The scriptures say Jesus CAME with good news.

Luke 4:43 But he said, "I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent."

musterion

The scriptures say Jesus CAME with good news.

Luke 4:43 But he said, "I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent."

That's what Meshak would post. You ignored the point. Do you think people don't see how dishonest you are with God's Word, which you claim to love?

God's Truth

You refuse to deal with Paul exactly as he is found -- you have to try to harmonize him with the four Gospels and the circumcision apostles for your traditions to work.

Paul won't let you.

You cannot explain what exactly was the good news Paul was given that was not revealed to any human being before it was given through him.

When Jesus shed his blood on the cross for the New Covenant, he was the Sacrificial Lamb of God and fulfilled all the law and the prophets.

That is about no more physical circumcision, because Jesus circumcises us in the heart.
That is about no more observance of special days, because all the special days are about Jesus and we observe him all day every day.
No one has to do various washings and bring an animal to sacrifice just to go to the temple, because Jesus' blood washes us and we become the temple.

God's Truth

That's what Meshak would post. You ignored the point. Do you think people don't see how dishonest you are with God's Word, which you claim to love?

I couldn't care any less what Meshak says. She knows nothing but how to cut out and chop up the Bible and blasphemy Paul.

She is more like you, for she wants to cut out everything except the four first books, and you want to do away with them for us and keep only what Paul says...what you misunderstand Paul as saying.