What is the express image of God?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did you not say that you fear your God?

If you sincerely trust him, why would you fear him?

I would guess it is because you do not really know him.

I will pray for you Stan, even though do do believe he can help you.

Because the Word says that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

keypurr

Because the Word says that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

True, that is what brought me to him. But I lost that fear and replaced it with trust and love.

When I was a kid I feared my Father. He was my keeper. He taught me a lot. But the time came when fear became understanding and love. Then trust and love. Once I fully understood what a Father was I no longer feared him, I loved him and I trusted him.

I have the wisdom that my God has allowed me to have. I do not need to fear him to love him. I feel very strongly that he has blessed me with the knowledge I need to feel comfortable in my faith BR.

You may think that I do not respect my God and his Son, if you do you are wrong. I must tell folks my thoughts and let them ponder over them. I do not require any one to agree, just to listen and digest what I have been blessed to receive.

StanJ

Did you not say that you fear your God?
If you sincerely trust him, why would you fear him?
I would guess it is because you do not really know him.
I will pray for you Stan, even though do do believe he can help you.

You just quoted what scripture says then you say you no longer fear him?
Fear means the utmost respect and allegiance, which is something you obviously do NOT have anymore, if you EVER had it. It's not something that stops...it is the BEGINNING of understanding, NOT the end. Nobody stops fearing God, unless they become apostate.

Prov 1:7 (NIV)
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

This Lord is the Lord you say is NOT Jesus. This Lord is the Lord that answers prayer. I have no idea who YOU pray to but it is NOT this Lord.

keypurr

You just quoted what scripture says then you say you no longer fear him?
Fear means the utmost respect and allegiance, which is something you obviously do NOT have anymore, if you EVER had it. It's not something that stops...it is the BEGINNING of understanding, NOT the end. Nobody stops fearing God, unless they become apostate.

Prov 1:7 (NIV)
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

This Lord is the Lord you say is NOT Jesus. This Lord is the Lord that answers prayer. I have no idea who YOU pray to but it is NOT this Lord.

I pray only to only true God, the same God that Jesus Christ prays to. Jesus Christ is my Lord, not my God.

It is quite apparent that your not comfortable with your relationship with your God. You need to fear him to obey him. That is the difference between your faith and mine. I obey him because I wish to please him out of love for him. You do not seem to understand that Stan. Love brings trust, that does away with fear. Trust in the God of Jesus Christ and stop worrying about the judgement you will face.

For me to live is Christ and to die is gain. I worry not.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I pray only to only true God, the same God that Jesus Christ prays to. Jesus Christ is my Lord, not my God.

It is quite apparent that your not comfortable with your relationship with your God. You need to fear him to obey him. That is the difference between your faith and mine. I obey him because I wish to please him out of love for him. You do not seem to understand that Stan. Love brings trust, that does away with fear. Trust in the God of Jesus Christ and stop worrying about the judgement you will face.

Fear is not always what you have portrayed it to be. It can and does mean in extreme awe of.

StanJ

Well that's funny, because Jesus said to pray to Him so why don't you?

What do you think you're going to GAIN by dying?

Prevaricating about what Jesus DID say is NOT going to help you keypurr.

keypurr

Contrary to you...Jesus NEVER asked for His own forgiveness...

God does not need forgiveness.

I never said Jesus asked for forgiveness.

Jesus is not God, nor is the Christ that was in him.

Go back to your Apple7 Greek Text Book and find truth.

keypurr

Fear is not always what you have portrayed it to be. It can and does mean in extreme awe of.

I have extreme awe of my God and his son Christ.

But I do not see it as fear, I respect the most high God and his son.

And I trust his judgments, He is my God and I am his servant.
Jesus Christ was his servant also. After all, he did not come of his own accord, HE WAS SENT.

StanJ

I never said Jesus asked for forgiveness.
esus is not God, nor is the Christ that was in him.
Go back to your Apple7 Greek Text Book and find truth.

Well if EVERY man falls short of the Glory of God and EVERY man sins then obviously Jesus is not simply a man, because He did NOT sin. The ONLY one who cannot sin is God, so I'd say put 2 and 2 together but apparently you're really bad and sound conclusions or solutions.

keypurr

Well if EVERY man falls short of the Glory of God and EVERY man sins then obviously Jesus is not simply a man, because He did NOT sin. The ONLY one who cannot sin is God, so I'd say put 2 and 2 together but apparently you're really bad and sound conclusions or solutions.

He was much more than a man. He had the express image of God residing in him.

Posted from the TOL App!

keypurr

Stan look: Christ was SENT by his God.

Joh 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Joh 5:23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.
Joh 5:24 "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

Joh 5:36 "I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me.
Joh 5:37 And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form,
Joh 5:38 nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent.

Joh 6:29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

Joh 6:37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.
Joh 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.
Joh 6:39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

Joh 6:57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

Joh 7:16 Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me.

Joh 8:16 But if I do judge, my decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me.

Joh 8:26 "I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is reliable, and what I have heard from him I tell the world."

Joh 8:29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him."

Joh 8:42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me.

If you need more let me know;

Christ was sent by his God.

StanJ

He was much more than a man. He had the express image of God residing in him.

So you now have invented a new being filled with God that is neither one nor both? You are very confused. The Bible already tells us what and who Jesus is.

keypurr

So you now have invented a new being filled with God that is neither one nor both? You are very confused. The Bible already tells us what and who Jesus is.

No Stan, your confused because you know nothing about what I speak about. Your in over your head better get yourself a lifejacket.

keypurr

So you have no problem accepting what is written here in John 3 but won't accept what is written in John 1? What a hypocrite!

I have no problems with John 1, you do however.

The "word" is not Jesus, it is the Christ in him.
Christ is that express image in the OP.
That spiritual son that you reject, the one that was in heaven and his God SENT him to us.

Were you always this dumb of did you go to school for it.
There are others here that are in the same boat even with their education.