What is God's first creation?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You tell me why you do not believe the words of the master first. John 17:3 as your trying to change the subject.

Here's the thing...

I do believe Jesus' words. You don't, otherwise it would be easy for you to answer my question.

I also believe the rest of scripture.

Now, answer my question.

1) Is something (like humility) good because God recognizes it as good? Or,

2) Is something good because God commands that it is good (as Socrates put it, because God loves it)?

keypurr

I see just fine... keypurr is blind to this plain and obvious scripture.

(1:1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I would not fully rely on the Greek to English RD. I made that mistake for many years.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is that your proof? Your kidding.

Your forget that Jesus Christ is the IMAGE of his Father. That does not make him the father.

Where did he ever say that Jesus was the Father? He is only saying that in seeing the Son you have seen the Father.

John 5:16-18 New International Version (NIV)
The Authority of the Son
16 So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him. 17 In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” 18 For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Do you think the Jews did not know what He was saying?

keypurr

Here's the thing...

I do believe Jesus' words. You don't, otherwise it would be easy for you to answer my question.

I also believe the rest of scripture.

Now, answer my question.

2) Is something good because God commands that it is good (as Socrates put it, because God loves it)?

If you believe that Jesus said that his Father is the ONLY God why do you believe in the Trinity?

I go with (1)

keypurr

This is what a true Christian believes:

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

keypurr

Eph 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Keep your eyes and ears shut BR. There is only half truth that you have been taught.
Your misguided by the distortions of Satan.

I gave you many verses that conflict with your traditional understanding of that one verse that you do not fully understand. If you turn your back to Jesus when he speaks I can not expect you to hear me or anyone else who is showing you truth.

This is the most important verse to see who Christ really is:

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

WAKE UP TO TRUTH.

Yes it is! Here is a simple explanation as to how eternal life is obtained. It is by knowing God and Jesus Christ. The only true God is in contrast to idols, which are not genuine gods at all. This verse does not mean that Jesus Christ is not the true God. The fact that His name is mentioned with God the Father's as being the joint source of eternal life means that they are equal. Here the Lord calls Himself Jesus Christ. Christ was the same as Messiah. This verse disproves the charge that Jesus never claimed to be Messiah (Believer's Bible Commentary)

How does one come to God Keypurr? There is only one way, through Jesus Christ, God the Son. How do you think the Father feels when you do not honor the Son for who He is, the Son of God?

keypurr

Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

keypurr

Yes it is! Here is a simple explanation as to how eternal life is obtained. It is by knowing God and Jesus Christ. The only true God is in contrast to idols, which are not genuine gods at all. This verse does not mean that Jesus Christ is not the true God. The fact that His name is mentioned with God the Father's as being the joint source of eternal life means that they are equal. Here the Lord calls Himself Jesus Christ. Christ was the same as Messiah. This verse disproves the charge that Jesus never claimed to be Messiah (Believer's Bible Commentary)

How does one come to God Keypurr? There is only one way, through Jesus Christ, God the Son. How do you think the Father feels when you do not honor the Son for who He is, the Son of God?

Sorry BR but there is no God the Son. There is a Son of God.

Joh_10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

This verse seems to disagree with you BR. Jesus Christ is a servant of his Father, an agent.

Nothing or nobody is as great as YHWH the ONLY true God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

If you believe that Jesus said that his Father is the ONLY God why do you believe in the Trinity?

I go with (1)

So then, if God does not make something good by commanding it, but rather recognizes that which is good, what standard of righteousness does He use to make this judgment? If the standard is external to Himself, then it appears that contrary to Christian teaching, an authority superior to God would exist. Is that what you believe?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry BR but there is no God the Son. There is a Son of God.

Joh_10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

This verse seems to disagree with you BR. Jesus Christ is a servant of his Father, an agent.

Nothing or nobody is as great as YHWH the ONLY true God.

Sorry Keyps, You're WRONG. The Son of God is God the Son. He is an obedient Son of the Father.

keypurr

So then, if God does not make something good by commanding it, but rather recognizes that which is good, what standard of righteousness does He use to make this judgment? If the standard is external to Himself, then it appears that contrary to Christian teaching, an authority superior to God would exist. Is that what you believe?

The ten commandments reflect pure love for him, the standard was set to follow yet people with free will were allowed to make their own decision to follow or not. You decide if you wish to sin, God does not want forced love. Human nature is at war with what God wishes from us. Man can overcome sin in the spirit if he is truly in the spirit.

Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Grace will be given to the folks who display love for God and seek not to sin.

There is no authority superior to YHWH.

keypurr

Keypurr, How do you explain that the Jewish ruling counsel charged Jesus with blasphemy for claiming the Son of God?

They made the same mistake you do, you assume the Son of God is God.

The son of a King is NOT the King, he is the Son of the King.

There is only one true God, the Father.