What Is And What Is Not The Gospel

Epoisses

See, you sound like the accuser.

How about you stop sounding like the devil and start doing what the written Word of God says?

I am accusing you of not obeying.

Obedient Christians believe in and preach the gospel of grace and you don't do that.

God's Truth

The gospel of grace is NOT: We no longer have to obey God.

YOU call me evil because I preach obedience to Christ.

I REPEAT what Jesus says and you call me evil!

Jesus says you are not blessed as his family and friend unless you obey.

God's Truth

The gospel of grace is NOT: We no longer have to obey God.

YOU call me evil because I preach obedience to Christ.

I REPEAT what Jesus says and you call me evil!

Jesus says you are not blessed as his family and friend unless you obey.

You are not blessed as a disciple, as a family member and friend unless you obey.

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.
Luke 11:28 Jesus says, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Luke 8:21 But he replied to them, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it."

John 15:14
You are my friends if you do what I command.

beloved57

There seems to be a lot of confusion on the Forum about what the Gospel is and what the Gospel is not. After 45 years of indepth study of the Gospel I am more than qualified to tell you what the Gospel is and what the Gospel is not.

The Gospel is not about us, nor is it about anything that we can experience or have experienced.

The Gospel is not about being born again. That may be a good thing, but it is not the Gospel.

The Gospel is not that you have been predestinated or that you are one of the elect.

The Gospel is not that you have been baptized with the Holy Spirit and you now speak in tongues.

The Gospel is not that you are a member of the Catholic church or any church.

The Gospel is not about obeying the commandments.

The Gospel is not that you have invited Jesus into your heart.

The Gospel is not that you have been baptized in water.

The Gospel is not that you have said the sinners prayer.

The Gospel is not that you have accepted Jesus as your savior.

What is the Gospel?

The Gospel is about Jesus Christ and what he has done to victoriously defeat sin, death and the devil in our name and on our behalf, Colossians 2:15. If Jesus had not defeated sin, death and the devil no one could be saved. Because Jesus was victorious over all things, God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36. It was God's plan that Jesus would come into the world as the new Adam and humanities representative, Romans 5:17-19. Jesus does for us what we cannot do for ourselves because we are sinners, Romans 3:23. By his righteous, sinless life, he offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience to his Holy Law. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26. We have been justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus. God now sees us as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

That was not enough. Something had to be done about our sins and the sins of the whole world, "He who knew no sin became sin for us, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. God put to death the whole human race in his Son Jesus Christ, Romans 6:6. He was a propitiation for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus is God's new creation and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17. We have been reconciled unto God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. All that come to Jesus as repentant sinners to be saved by him. "Will be raised up together , and will be made to sit together in heavenly places in Jesus Christ" Ephesians 2:6. In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed.

This is the Gospel and there is no other Gospel.

You don't believe the Gospel. You teach against it and present a false gospel of salvation by works.

beloved57

Gospel means "good news." And the 'good news" is Jesus Christ and salvation for those who accept Him.

Salvation by works, by what a person does. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies and unbelievers Rom 5:10

dodge

There's a place in hell for them who teach salvation by works, by what a person does.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Believing or rejecting is what you decide to do, and it is NOT a work to obey God as scripture teaches.

Heb 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Did you catch that to go to God YOU must believe that He IS.

Appears you have no clue what scripture actually teaches.

beloved57

Believing or rejecting is what you decide to do, and it is NOT a work to obey God as scripture teaches.

Heb 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Did you catch that to go to God YOU must believe that He IS.

Appears you have no clue what scripture actually teaches.
Promoting salvation by works, by what a person does.

God's Truth

Salvation by works, by what a person does. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies and unbelievers Rom 5:10

Reconciled while enemies is about the Gentile enemies being saved without having to get circumcised first.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Colossians 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.

Ephesians 2:12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

Being saved while enemies does NOT mean being saved while not obeying Jesus.

beloved57

Reconciled while enemies is about the Gentiles enemies being saved without having to get circumcised first.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Colossians 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.

Ephesians 2:12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.
Rabbit trail