What does God's Holy Law Demand?

God's Truth

You're an idiot. Jesus called the Syro-Phoenician woman a dumb dog.

Where did he say 'dumb'?

Don't you care about what you say that GOD SAYS?

You do not understand why she was called a dog; you do not understand because understanding has not been given to you. Understanding is given to those who obey.

Jesus called her people dogs because they did not know God---they did not know God because they did not obey God.

We become a child of God and no longer as dogs who do not know their father when WE OBEY GOD.

Wick Stick

The sacrifices covered sin and foreshadowed Jesus' sacrifice. However, for many they were not done in faith and the hypocrisy was abhorrent to God, i.e., they were rotten from a spiritual standpoint.
That doesn't really seem to me to resolve the conflict, but apparently it's good enough for you. I don't think we can go much farther down this road.

Peace

Wick Stick

You do not understand why she was called a dog; you do not understand because understanding has not been given to you. Understanding is given to those who obey.

Jesus called her people dogs because they did not know God---they did not know God because they did not obey God.

We become a child of God and no longer as dogs who do not know their father when WE OBEY GOD.
During Jesus day there was a popular Jewish book, which we know today as 1st Enoch. It contains a parable version of Jewish history, in which all the different nations are named as different animals (chapters 85-90).

The Israelites are named 'sheep' there, while the Egyptians are 'wolves,' and the Canaanites are 'dogs.'

Jesus was making a reference to the popular culture of the day. I'm not even sure it's an insult (although it hardly seems like a compliment).

Jarrod

God's Truth

During Jesus day there was a popular Jewish book, which we know today as 1st Enoch. It contains a parable version of Jewish history, in which all the different nations are named as different animals (chapters 85-90).

The Israelites are named 'sheep' there, while the Egyptians are 'wolves,' and the Canaanites are 'dogs.'

Jesus was making a reference to the popular culture of the day. I'm not even sure it's an insult (although it hardly seems like a compliment).

Jarrod

I just do not go by books that may are not have been protected from tampering. I only go by the Holy Bible.

As for the names of animals, being called a wolf or a dog is a bad thing.

The Jews were called sheep because they followed God.

God's Truth

That doesn't really seem to me to resolve the conflict, but apparently it's good enough for you. I don't think we can go much farther down this road.

Peace

It does resolve the presumed conflict.

The scriptures tell us plainly that God says life is in the blood and He has given it to make atonement for ourselves.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

God's Truth

Where did he say 'dumb'?

Don't you care about what you say that GOD SAYS?

God's love IS conditional.

If you obey God, you are His child.

If you do not obey Him, you obey the devil and are the devil's child.

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 8:38
I am telling you what I have seen in the Father's presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father

John 8:41
You are doing the works of your own father." "We are not illegitimate children," they protested. "The only Father we have is God himself."

John 8:55
Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word.

1 John 2:4
Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

1 John 3:8
The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.

1 John 3:10
This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God's child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

1 John 3:15
Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.

Wick Stick

I just do not go by books that may are not have been protected from tampering. I only go by the Holy Bible.

As for the names of animals, being called a wolf or a dog is a bad thing.

The Jews were called sheep because they followed God.
I'm not creating new doctrine here, just explaining a pop-culture reference in the Bible. It's like the place where Paul quotes the poem about the Cretians.

Also, if you're worried about tampering, don't be. 1Enoch is one of the texts present among the Dead Sea scrolls, so we pretty much know what we have is the same thing Jesus read. Our copy is that old.

Jarrod

Wick Stick

It does resolve the presumed conflict.

The scriptures tell us plainly that God says life is in the blood and He has given it to make atonement for ourselves.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.
The fact that the Scriptures plainly state it IS the source of the conflict. Elsewhere Scriptures plainly state that God hates the sacrifices, incense (Isa 1:13), and feasts, and even implies that God did not command them. (Isa 1:14)

genuineoriginal

I believe God doesn't make mistakes.
Why not?
The Bible shows God making mistakes several times.

Yes it would. Do you see a problem with that? I do.
God is not unrighteous, so if you have an opinion of what God does that seems unrighteous, the problem is with you.

If you're referring to Jamie's post, I'm not ignoring it. It just wasn't posted until after I was offline last night.
I wrote that before seeing jamies's post.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The fact that the Scriptures plainly state it IS the source of the conflict. Elsewhere Scriptures plainly state that God hates the sacrifices, incense (Isa 1:13), and feasts, and even implies that God did not command them. (Isa 1:14)

Then they will heed your voice and you shall come, you and the elders of Israel, to the king of Egypt and you shall say to him, "The Lord God of the Hebrews has met with us and now, please, let us go three days journey into the wilderness that we may sacrifice to the Lord our God." (Exodus 3:18)​

Why not let the Bible interpret itself instead of jumping to conclusions?

Robert Pate

Banned
Then they will heed your voice and you shall come, you and the elders of Israel, to the king of Egypt and you shall say to him, "The Lord God of the Hebrews has met with us and now, please, let us go three days journey into the wilderness that we may sacrifice to the Lord our God." (Exodus 3:18)​

Do you know why they call the Old Testament old?

All of that law stuff is passing away, Hebrews 8:13.

God's Truth

I can hardly believe that you just do not understand that God did not like their offerings, incense, New Moons, Sabbaths, convocations...BECAUSE the people did evil and made those offering WORTHLESS.

God's Truth

I'm not creating new doctrine here, just explaining a pop-culture reference in the Bible. It's like the place where Paul quotes the poem about the Cretians.

Also, if you're worried about tampering, don't be. 1Enoch is one of the texts present among the Dead Sea scrolls, so we pretty much know what we have is the same thing Jesus read. Our copy is that old.

Jarrod

It seems to me that all your reading of other books hasn't helped you in understanding some things in the Holy Bible. Why read those other books? As for the books being old, how does that insure they are writings from God?

God's Truth

You seem to think goat blood can cleanse from sin.

For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. Heb. 10:4

They were still commanded by God, and if God tells you to do something, then you had better do it.

It made the people outwardly clean.

It atoned for their souls, because God says so.

God's Truth

God's love is unconditional spam artist.

Sinners have nothing to merit God's love.

God's love IS conditional.

If you obey God, you are His child.

If you do not obey Him, you obey the devil and are the devil's child.

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 8:38
I am telling you what I have seen in the Father's presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father

John 8:41
You are doing the works of your own father." "We are not illegitimate children," they protested. "The only Father we have is God himself."

John 8:55
Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word.

1 John 2:4
Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

1 John 3:8
The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.

1 John 3:10
This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God's child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

1 John 3:15
Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.

Wick Stick

Just because I am drawing conclusions, doesn't mean I'm "jumping" to them. I have enough study hours in the Pentateuch that I would be qualified to write a doctoral thesis on the subject. (I won't be doing so, since I have no need for further degrees or ordinations.)