What does God's Holy Law Demand?

beloved57

What Gods Holy Law demanded from men, Christ provided it for Gods elect, His Church, for it is written Isa 42:21

21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

This is what Christ did for believers in Him. This is what is revealed to them in the Gospel!

genuineoriginal

Nowhere in scripture is a beast ever identified as a kingdom, nation or empire. They are always identified as a prince or a king. As in the prince of Persia or the prince of Greece. Now a prince or a king can be the leader of a kingdom or empire and I have no problem with that but the beast itself is an individual not a kingdom.

You may want to read Daniel 7

However, since a beast represents an empire (not just a kingdom), the beast can also be identified as one of the rulers of the empire it represents.
Most of the time the ruler of an empire is represented as a horn on a beast, not as the beast itself.

Epoisses

You may want to read Daniel 7

However, since a beast represents an empire (not just a kingdom), the beast can also be identified as one of the rulers of the empire it represents.
Most of the time the ruler of an empire is represented as a horn on a beast, not as the beast itself.

The lion from chap. 7 is said ho have his wings plucked, is made to stand on his feet as a man and a man's heart is given to him. Seriously - This is a kingdom! How does a kingdom receive a man's heart? This is descriptive of Satan's transformation into a man or the antichrist. In Isa. 14 and Eze. 28 where Satan is described he is said to be a man Isa. 14:16 Eze. 28:9.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It demands absolute and total perfection. Anything less than total perfection is sin.

The Jews took the ordinances and the commandments and composed over 600 rules and laws for holy living that they called the Torah. Little did they know that they had just scratched the surface. If one took all of the ordinances and the commandments and really looked at what is required to keep the law, instead of hundreds of laws and rules it would be more like thousands. The Law of Moses involves ever facet of ones life, from the time that you get up in the morning until you go to bed at night everything is dictated by law.

On the Sabbath you cannot do any work. Many Jews will not move a chair or open a drawer on the Sabbath because that is considered to be work. "Six days shalt thou labor, and do thy work, but the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thou son, nor thou daughter, thy manservant, nor thou maid servant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is with thy gates" Exodus 20:9, 10.

I have heard that some Jews will not get out of bed on the sabbath, because throwing the covers off of the bed to get up is considered to be work. I would say that putting your clothes on would also be work. Now about tying your shoes? The possibilities are endless.

Jesus said, "Be perfect even as you Father in heaven is perfect" Matthew 5:48. Are you perfect? What many do not understand is that the law is spiritual, Romans 7:14. It searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12. Are all of your thoughts pure and without sin? Not mine. When Paul looked into the spiritual aspect of the law he confessed, "For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) dwells no good thing" Romans 7:18. It was because of the law that Paul also confessed that he was "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

The purpose of the law is to show us that we fail to measure up to God's standards, Romans 3:23 and that we are in desperate need of savior. The law is our schoolmaster that brings us to Christ, Galatians 3:24. If the law doesn't make you run to Christ to escape the judgment that is to come upon those that are under the law, I doubt if anything will.

Good post Pate.

genuineoriginal

The lion from chap. 7 is said ho have his wings plucked, is made to stand on his feet as a man and a man's heart is given to him. Seriously - This is a kingdom! How does a kingdom receive a man's heart? This is descriptive of Satan's transformation into a man or the antichrist. In Isa. 14 and Eze. 28 where Satan is described he is said to be a man Isa. 14:16 Eze. 28:9.

You seem to lack the ability to exegete prophetic scripture.
You may want to take a few years off from exposing your lack and do some learning instead.

Epoisses

You seem to lack the ability to exegete prophetic scripture.
You may want to take a few years off from exposing your lack and do some learning instead.

Like from your hero, John Hoagie!! Big John-on, put that sandwich down or you won't be able to stand for Isruuul!!!!

beloved57

Gods Law demanded of man even beginning with Adam this:

Matt 22:36-40

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Man failed these in Adam !

Robert Pate

Banned
Gods Law demanded of man even beginning with Adam this:

Matt 22:36-40

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Man failed these in Adam !

True, but all has been fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
What is true ? Explain to me the points I made in that post.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Jesus is God's new Adam. Adam brought sin, Jesus brings righteousness, Romans 5:17.

So that now... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Robert Pate

Banned
What is true ? Explain to me the points I made in that post.

The point is that Jesus is the epitome of God's Holy Law.

And he has fulfilled all of the demands of God's Holy Law in our name and on our behalf, so that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And he has fulfilled all of the demands of God's Holy Law in our name and on our behalf, so that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Can just anybody call on the Lord, or just those invited by the Father to do so?

Last edited:

beloved57

The point is that Jesus is the epitome of God's Holy Law.

False statements. You teach salvation by works, by what a person does.