What does God's Holy Law Demand?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The whole law is summed up in only two commandments.

Matthew 22:37-40
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.​

What is God's definition of love toward God and love toward neighbor?

glorydaz

You invariably confuse reconciliation with salvation, but they are spelled differently and have different meanings.

Everyone has been reconciled but not everyone has been saved.

Reconciliation was finished but we are saved by Jesus' life, not his death.

Reconciliation requires BOTH parties to agrees. The hand of peace God has extended by our Lord's death on the cross must be accepted before a person is saved. Which is why we are told to BE RECONCILED. So, when you say "Everyone has been reconciled", that is only from God's side. Otherwise, we would not have to beseech anyone to "Be ye reconciled to God", would we?

2 Corinthians 5:20
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The non-Jew came before Hillel and Hillel converted him
saying, "What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor, that is the entire Torah, the rest is just commentary, now go and study."

What is hateful to God? Does scripture provide a definition?

Epoisses

Not until all prophecy has been fulfilled.
The last chapters of Ezekiel are all about the third Temple, which has not been built yet.

Ezekiel 45:19
19 And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin offering, and put it upon the posts of the house, and upon the four corners of the settle of the altar, and upon the posts of the gate of the inner court.​

It could be argued that the ritual of the sin offering will only be ceremonial when this happens, but it would be foolish to argue that it will not happen.

The third temple is the image of the beast. Those who worship the beast and his image reject Christ and his one time sacrifice for all sin for all time.

Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? 2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. 3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog’s neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine’s blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.  4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not. Isa. 66:1-4

genuineoriginal

He is many things. Are you saying He isn't a sin offering?
Galatians 1:4
Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
Here is the type and shadow of what Jesus did for us:

Exodus 32:30-32
30 And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the Lord; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin.
31 And Moses returned unto the Lord, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.
32 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.​

Moses was willing to give himself for the sins of the children of Israel.
Was Moses trying to be a "sin offering" or was Moses trying to do something greater?

genuineoriginal

The third temple is the image of the beast.
No, the beast will try to stop worship in the third temple by killing the two witnesses that are protecting it.

Revelation 11:7
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.​

Epoisses

No, the beast will try to stop worship in the third temple by killing the two witnesses that are protecting it.

Revelation 11:7
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.​

LOL. You know nothing. A rebuilt temple is a rejection of Christ as our great high priest and his eternal sacrifice.

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.  6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. Rev. 13:5,6

genuineoriginal

LOL. You know nothing. A rebuilt temple is a rejection of Christ as our great high priest and his eternal sacrifice.
A rebuilt temple is God's fulfillment of His Word.

Isaiah 46:9-11
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Revelation 11:1-3
1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.​

Epoisses

This is true. When the antichrist appears as the false messiah and rebuilds the temple this will usurp the 'daily' ministration of Christ and begin the 1290 day time prophecy that will culminate in the abomination of desolation in a 3rd temple in Jerusalem. The abomination of desolation will be some blasphemous ceremony that happens in the holy place. Possibly the antichrist discovering the ark of the covenant and marching it into the most holy where he sits on a throne of light and declares himself to be god. This is speculation but plausible.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

This is true. When the antichrist appears as the false messiah and rebuilds the temple this will usurp the 'daily' ministration of Christ and begin the 1290 day time prophecy that will culminate in the abomination of desolation in a 3rd temple in Jerusalem.

the temple will not be rebuilt
-the antichrist has come and gone
-mohammed
-guess what is in the holy place now
-wake up

genuineoriginal

When the antichrist appears as the false messiah and rebuilds the temple this will usurp the 'daily' ministration of Christ and begin the 1290 day time prophecy that will culminate in the abomination of desolation in a 3rd temple in Jerusalem.
The Bible does not say the antichrist appears as the false messiah, nor does the Bible say that the antichrist rebuilds the temple.
That is a fictional account that some people added to the Bible because they were unable to understand the true meaning of the prophecies.

Epoisses

the temple will not be rebuilt
-the antichrist has come and gone
-mohammed
-guess what is in the holy place now
-wake up

So why was Ezekiel given a vision of a temple that has never been built?

Why was Daniel given the timeframe for the reconstruction of Jerusalem and the temple?

Why did Jesus speak of the abomination of desolation taking place in an earthly temple?

Why did Paul say the man of sin would sit in the temple and claim to be god?

Jerusalem is ground zero for the last days. Rome is nothing more than a Gentile city.