What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

• He's a homo.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • He's a hypocrite.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • He claims not to need Christ in order to be loved by God.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
TheSearcher said:
I would first ask you to take tyour own advice, by removing that board out of your eye before going after myself of Bean.

Sexual perversion? Idolitry? I practice neither. So, what plank?

The subtle difference is that your trying to force people to believe as you do, I'm just doing what every one else does and voice their oppinions.

Firstly, I can't force anyone to do anything. Secondly, you judge people for judging, that isn't merely an opinion, that's being a hypocrite. Like I said before, either A. continue judging and quit telling others not to or B. Stop judging.

As far as hypocrites goes, there are several here, I dont think I'm one of them.

Even when you judge others for judging? Wow... I dunno how much more clear of an example you would need to see something so blatant.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
TheSearcher said:
Thats pretty hateful. Doesnt it get tireing being that hateful all the time? Doesnt your soul just want a break once and while and be at peace. Rest every once and while. You must have a tone of negitive energy stored up to be that, well, mean.

I hope that one day you are not put through the forge Nineveh, I fear that your hate will cause you to harden and break.

Here's another example of the gulf between you and God.

You think it's loving to comfort a homo in his sin and rebellion. I find that rather hate filled myself.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheSearcher said:
Thats pretty hateful.
It's pretty truthful and direct.
Doesnt it get tireing being that hateful all the time? Doesnt your soul just want a break once and while and be at peace. Rest every once and while. You must have a tone of negitive energy stored up to be that, well, mean.

I hope that one day you are not put through the forge Nineveh, I fear that your hate will cause you to harden and break.
Have you ever read any books from the #1 bestseller of all time, the Bible? If so, which ones?

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
Turbo said:
He argues that the God of the Bible does not condemn it, or that if He does there's no way of knowing for sure because the Bible is so ambiguous on the matter, so Christians should give him a pass.

beanieboy doesn't even believe the Bible is God's word, so why is he afraid to acknowledge what it plainly states? It's weird, isn't it? Can you imagine any of the Christians here hanging out at a Muslim site and trying to cast doubt on Koran passages that condemn us?

Thats just the thing though, I dont think he is asking for a pass, he has no need to justify himself in your eyes, or any one elses. How about if a muslim came here? How would you recive him?

Balder

Nineveh said:
Pehaps you missed the "no" part?

No, I didn't miss the "no" part. I read it in the context of your sentence, which was this:

"Which is what? The way he misuses the Bible to justify his perversion? Um... No. I don't see that as something worthy of respect."

It seems to me as if your "No" is a refutation of that one act which you attribute to him. It is not a direct yes or no to the question which I asked.

I find your slippery language use frustrating, Nin, but also fascinating. I harbor a suspicion that you have a soft spot under there somewhere, after all, and you have to move around in this way to avoid revealing it...

Take your time.

Peace,

B.

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
Turbo said:
It's pretty truthful and direct.
Have you ever read any books from the #1 bestseller of all time, the Bible? If so, which ones?

All of them funny enough, but when you dont believe them they carry very little weight, I still find that there are good points in them, like the proverbs and the pslams.

I take the bible as a good story book told to children scaring them believing in an all powerful god that will send them to hell for the slightest infraction.

And like I've been saying its truthful from your point of view. Its a good thing the rational world doesnt listen to you guys.

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
Nineveh said:
Here's another example of the gulf between you and God.

You think it's loving to comfort a homo in his sin and rebellion. I find that rather hate filled myself.

Thats just the difference. You would rather be ruled by hate then kindness. Although, you see kindness in brow beating your fellow man, so. I guess for you kindness is relitive.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Balder said:
No, I didn't miss the "no" part. I read it in the context of your sentence, which was this:

"Which is what? The way he misuses the Bible to justify his perversion? Um... No. I don't see that as something worthy of respect."

It seems to me as if your "No" is a refutation of that one act which you attribute to him. It is not a direct yes or no to the question which I asked.

And what other "acts" would you have me judge here on TOL? How he dresses? Your question had to do with if anyone finds something respectful about the guy. I can only go by what I've seen of him here on TOL. That's what I've seen, that's why I answered as I did, to save you the trouble in asking "why" if I had given a brief "no" answer.

I find your slippery language use frustrating, Nin, but also fascinating. I harbor a suspicion that you have a soft spot under there somewhere, after all, and you have to move around in this way to avoid revealing it...

How very judgemental of you :)

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
Nineveh said:
And what other "acts" would you have me judge here on TOL? How he dresses? Your question had to do with if anyone finds something respectful about the guy. I can only go by what I've seen of him here on TOL. That's what I've seen, that's why I answered as I did, to save you the trouble in asking "why" if I had given a brief "no" answer.

You cant respect him for being an intelligent? For clearly making his points? You cant show him mutal respect as a human being? Come on. I dont agree with your points but I still respect you as an intelligent person, a person who backed me to a wall and forced me to defend my self, I can respect that. But then again, I have honor, and for those who dont have any honor, there can be no respect.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
TheSearcher said:
Thats just the difference. You would rather be ruled by hate then kindness.

Once upon a time I labled love as watching people wallow in sin, now I see Love as trying to get people out of it. To you, who still sees love as watching others wallow in sin, is it really kindness and love to see a homosexual put himself at risk for a list of diseases merely for a fleeting pleasure?

Although, you see kindness in brow beating your fellow man, so. I guess for you kindness is relitive.

Really? I've "browbeat" someone?

Or is that what you call correcting a homo in his misuse of the Bible? Or perhaps that's how you see trying to point out to someone that judging for judging is hypocricy? Or is it you just over generalize on a regular basis?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheSearcher said:
All of them funny enough...
If that's the case then what Nineveh said in her "hateful" post should have sounded very familiar. What she said was no more hateful that what Jesus, the apostles, and the phophets said.

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
Nineveh said:
Once upon a time I labled love as watching people wallow in sin, now I see Love as trying to get people out of it. To you, who still sees love as watching others wallow in sin, is it really kindness and love to see a homosexual put himself at risk for a list of diseases merely for a fleeting pleasure?

Really? I've "browbeat" someone?

Or is that what you call correcting a homo in his misuse of the Bible? Or perhaps that's how you see trying to point out to someone that judging for judging is hypocricy? Or is it you just over generalize on a regular basis?

No, thats deffinatly brow beating right there. The problem is you dont want to admit the fact that maybe he makes good point every once and while. You would rather sit there with you arms crossed and shake your head not wanting to admit that he might be right every now and then. I've admited on several points where I've been wrong. Hey, you were right earlier, I was being judgmental, and I was wrong, I'm sorry. I humbly ask for forgivness. If you can grant it that is.

If I have over generalized, well, I only follow the example of the christians here.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
TheSearcher said:
You cant respect him for being an intelligent? For clearly making his points?

I haven't seen it yet.

You cant show him mutal respect as a human being?

What you call respect is making him feel comfortable in his deathstyle. Tell me, will you go visit if he winds up in a hospice? Will you be there championing his cause while he lay dying from a disease he could have avoided? How about on Judgement Day? Will you be the one to stand between God and bean's pride?

Come on. I dont agree with your points but I still respect you as an intelligent person, a person who backed me to a wall and forced me to defend my self, I can respect that. But then again, I have honor, and for those who dont have any honor, there can be no respect.

If lying to bean is what it takes to earn your respect, I'll pass.

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
Nineveh said:
I haven't seen it yet.

What you call respect is making him feel comfortable in his deathstyle. Tell me, will you go visit if he winds up in a hospice? Will you be there championing his cause while he lay dying from a disease he could have avoided? How about on Judgement Day? Will you be the one to stand between God and bean's pride?

If lying to bean is what it takes to earn your respect, I'll pass.

Would you be there Nin? Would you be there as a comforter or as one trying to get one last soul before he goes? Would you do that only to try and farther your place in heaven? Or would you be there to say, its alright, it will be over soon. I think you would be there to try and get one more soul.

If that did happen and I was able yes, I would do my best to try and give comfort to a dying soul. But, I wouldnt be sad, Bean has done his best to earn his was to another life. With in forty nine days he would be rencarnated and be back doing what he does best. Bugging you people.

Balder

Nineveh,

Well, Beanie's posts consist of and reflect more than you and others have focused on, which is why I asked. I wondered if people were only seeing what they didn't like, though, and were having trouble seeing Beanie as being "more" than those particular qualities which offended them.

And my judgment may be in error here. But I hope not... ;)

If you use the search key and read my 1000s of posts, I don't think you will find any from me that criticise the exercise of discriminating wisdom or the making of moral judgments. It's not having a moral position that I am questioning here.

Peace,
B.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheSearcher said:
Thats just the thing though, I dont think he is asking for a pass...
Then you haven't been following his posts as we have.
How about if a muslim came here? How would you recive him?
It depends. Surely any muslim who came here would find out in a hurry that he is headed toward hell and he needs to accept that Jesus Christ is God and that he died for our sins and was raised from the dead according to the scriptures.

Would he get the kind of attention beanieboy gets (and seeks)? That depends. If he turned a blind eye to the biblical passages that clearly claim that Jesus is God and that salvation is available only through Him, while copying and pasting other passages and claiming to follow them, all while playing the victim when people tell him the truth, then he would likely be treated just as beanieboy is.

C

cattyfan

beanieboy said:
I have said this repeatedly.
I am trying to live only by example.
I am trying not to instruct Christians how to live.
You have asked me, so I can give examples to take or leave.

I want Christians on TOL to:
- call other christians on non-christian behavior, and respond accordingly when a brother rebukes you in love.
- understand that everyone comes to God in their own time, not someone else's.

I have done these two...

- admit that there is a possiblity that they may be wrong, and be respectful that not everyone has the answers. Just because another christian doesn't agree doesn't make them an idiot. There is a possibility that you may be wrong.

To do this is to deny Christ as our Lord and Savior. Show me someone who decides there may be other answers, and I'll rightly call them an unbeliever. Part of the definition of a Christian is complete faith in Christ...we don't hedge our bets.

- live by example.
- to love your enemies, as instructed.

And again, I strive to do both of these.

But generally? To be a little more open. It's like people see the unsaved as the enemy, and attack them for coming through the door of the church.

As I said, take this with a grain of salt.

I don't want to instruct christians.
I am going to continue on the buddhist path, and live by example.
Continue to do what you will, reflect on what I said, do what you will.

Namaste

by continuing to follow the Buddhist path, your example is that of an unbeliever...and that is an example I will never follow.

In a post the other day you made it clear part of the purpose of TOL is discussion and debate. Unfortunately the nature of debating conflicting opinions is occasionally contentious.

You know this is a site heavily trafficked by Christians, and you are smart enough to know Christians won't rally 'round the gay guy.

If you can't handle the heat to your "convictions" perhaps this isn't the place for you.

beanieboy

cattyfan said:
beanie...I'm still waiting.

I'll even make it easy for you. Complete the following sentence:

"I want the Christians on TOL to ____________________________________."

fill it in. Not "so-and-so calls me names." Not "but they said something before." Not "but I believe this now and here's something Buddha said."

The answer is what EXACTLY do you want the Christians on this forum to do. Nothing vague or general....and nothing about what we may or may not have failed at previously. And nothing quoted from the Bible, a book you don't believe in.

Tell us what YOU want...and what will keep us from having this same discussion next month.

I've rethought this, catty.

I think the most I will say is "I want Christians on TOL to: have a nice day.

It's not really my place or business to critique christians.
And when they get frustrated that I haven't become christian, there is little that I can do about it, because neither do I answer to them.

But, you can seek the bible and your God, and seek his counsel on how your are acting, and if it is pleasing to you.

It's really not my place, and I encourage you to remind me of this.

So, a better question is:
how would you respond to the phrase:
I want christians on TOL to_______________________
?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
TheSearcher said:
No, thats deffinatly brow beating right there.

browbeating: To intimidate or subjugate by an overbearing manner or domineering speech; bully.

hmmm... let's see....

TheSearcher said:
This whole thread is disgusting. Dont you people have anyting better to do with your time then attack people whom you have never met? You should all be ashamed of your selves. You attack people who have done nothing to you other then exist and have a different world view as your selves. You all sicken me. Your intollorence, your bigotry, your hate. All of you make me sick to my very stomach. I am ashamed that at one time in my life I call my self a christian. Jesus weeps that you twist his words the way you do. You dont adhear to the words of your saviour. You take what you want and twist it to your own sick depraved minds.

The problem you have with beanieboy is that he understands the words of Jesus better then you do your selves, and when he gets you on a point it makes sick that a nonbeliever got you with your own words.

I would say that I pitty you all, but, I dont. The sad part about this post is that I will also come under unwarented attack, and all of you will be offened that I had the nerve to come to the aid of some one else.

Say your worst. I welcome it.

Are you being a hypocrite again? Or did you just use the word "browbeat" without looking up what it actually means?

The problem is you dont want to admit the fact that maybe he makes good point every once and while.

And could you possibly ever believe he is wrong? I doubt it, you agree with him too much.

You would rather sit there with you arms crossed and shake your head not wanting to admit that he might be right every now and then.

According to God, he isn't. Wether he is right according to you really doesn't matter.

I've admited on several points where I've been wrong. Hey, you were right earlier, I was being judgmental, and I was wrong, I'm sorry. I humbly ask for forgivness. If you can grant it that is.

Are you sorry for being judgemental or for being a hypocrite about being judgemental?

I can forgive you as far as your inaccruate judgements against me.

If I have over generalized, well, I only follow the example of the christians here.

Um, no... no one has overgeneralized beanies misuse of Scriptures, nor his being a homo, nor his being an idolitor. So this rests soley with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.