ECT WAS PAUL BAPTIZED ??

turbosixx

Hi and what level do you think it is written to !!

dan p

I don't have a problem having a question answered with another question if it's designed to be thought provoking, but this is not the case. This is just asking for your opinion.

I believe it's no more than an 8th grade level.

Danoh

The Bible is written to ALL levels but the level of unbelief and reading into a thing.

Some of it; a child can easily understand.

Other aspects border on what ends up a sort of a high Sholarship level.

Other aspects; every other level in between.

As usual a "one size fits all" answer as to it all, is the answer of the incompetent - not surprisingly; at one level or another...of said incompetence.

DAN P

I don't have a problem having a question answered with another question if it's designed to be thought provoking, but this is not the case. This is just asking for your opinion.

I believe it's no more than an 8th grade level.

Hi and I do not mind when asked my opinion or what saith the Lord , but I answered that question to you altready !!

The bible is written for all believers BUT your and any one groweth depends on how much the Holy Spirit is given to him !!

You are many on this forum that DO NOT KNOW what a Transliteration means and example is the Greek word BAPTIZO which has 12 different meaning and does not mean IMMERSION !!

dan p

turbosixx

Hi and I do not mind when asked my opinion or what saith the Lord , but I answered that question to you altready !!

The bible is written for all believers BUT your and any one groweth depends on how much the Holy Spirit is given to him !!

You are many on this forum that DO NOT KNOW what a Transliteration means and example is the Greek word BAPTIZO which has 12 different meaning and does not mean IMMERSION !!

dan p

ok

Danoh

dan p

Nope - all Believer's have the same measure of the Spirit.

What both differed and was necessary back then was the dispensing, doling out, measuring out, or administering of the various gifts towards various labors that not having a completed Canon necessitated that a saint be edified, perfected, or brought to maturity, or the full assurance of understanding, he was then to conform his outer behavior to.

Now ALL Scripture does that, and growth depends on applying oneself to proper study, together with walking in its' resulting understanding, that the outer begin to manifest, or be conformed to, the image of the inward man.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes he was baptized.

Acts 9:18 New International Version (NIV)

18 Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized,

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Hi to all and there is one TOL poster that says THAT BAPTISM / BAPTIZO always means IMMERSION !!

So my question then is WHEN was Paul baptized and give verse that show HOW !!

So if you use Acts 9:17 and 18 show its relevance !!

dan p
Of course he was baptized.

Jerry Shugart

Of course he was baptized.

Hello my friend, into joy. Of course you are right but what do you make of this verse which seems to indicate that it was Paul whoi was washing away his sins?:

"And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16).

SimpleMan77

dan p

The word "Baptizo" has one literal meaning and several figurative ones.

It's like if I say "He's on fire". Only one literal meaning. However, if He's playing basketball, there is a figurative meaning that we all understand. If he is in an argument, there is a different figurative meaning.

All the figurative meanings, however, draw their meanings from the literal one.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Danoh

Acts 22:12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there, 22:13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

That was "according to the Law."

The "be baptized" is how the symbolic "wash away thy sins" ritual works under the Law and the Prophets.

John 1:21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. 1:22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? 1:23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias. 1:24 And they which were sent were of the Pharisees. 1:25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?

John 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

Luke 7:29 And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John. 7:30 But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Wash away thy sins is the same as put away the filth of the flesh and refers to a symbolic uncleaness that represents a heart that was once considered unclean.

When all this changed, said change at first threw Peter off.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

At first, he goes ahead and water baptizes him anyway.

But later he begins to see something about that.

Acts 11:2 And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him, 11:3 Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them.

What! Before they submitted to ritual washing and circumcision!?

11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Later, he was even clearer.

Acts 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. 15:6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. 15:12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.

By the way, the anathema in Gal. 1 that Paul pronounces on those who mix those two differences into another which is not another at all, is not about losing salvation.

Those Pharisees were "Pharisees which believed."

Further; angels do not have salvation.

turbosixx

22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

How did Jesus have authority "according to the Law" for Paul to call on his name?

dodge

The Bible is written to ALL levels but the level of unbelief and reading into a thing.

Some of it; a child can easily understand.

Other aspects border on what ends up a sort of a high Sholarship level.

Other aspects; every other level in between.

As usual a "one size fits all" answer as to it all, is the answer of the incompetent - not surprisingly; at one level or another...of said incompetence.

lol, I have seen folks with a master of divinity degree that had no clue. If the Holy Spirit doesn't give you the meaning of scripture all you have is head knowledge, which destroys and confuses heart ( faith ) knowledge.

DAN P

How did Jesus have authority "according to the Law" for Paul to call on his name?

Hi and God has authority do any thing He wants !!

I see that many agree that words have meaning !!

When struck down in Acts 9:6 , CAN you explain why , when Paul called Jesus LORD what does LORD mean in this CONTEXT because Jesus was called LORD many times before Acts 9:6 !!

So what does Lord mean in this context ??

There is a meaning , BUT will you explain ??

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 22:12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there, 22:13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

It was according to the instruction of Jesus which He gave to His disciples reinforced by Him to them after His resurrection --

Act 1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
Act 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
Act 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

LA

Danoh

It was according to the instruction of Jesus which He gave to His disciples reinforced by Him to them after His resurrection --

Act 1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
Act 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
Act 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

LA

And of those commands was...

Matthew 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Another was...

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Do what?

28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Why?

Isaiah 2:1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

COGTHW

Hi to all and there is one TOL poster that says THAT BAPTISM / BAPTIZO always means IMMERSION !!

So my question then is WHEN was Paul baptized and give verse that show HOW !!

So if you use Acts 9:17 and 18 show its relevance !!

dan p

Paul was baptized in the water in the name of Jesus Christ. Acts 9:18 'And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.' ; My God in Jesus name. Paul was baptized in the water. Jesus was baptized in the water. Why.?? To show us the way to fulfill all righteousness. Matthew 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: ; God we love you. The Scriptures say when baptized He came out the WATER.!!! If not so why didn't it say they believed on God and said blah blah blah. It didn't. Baptism is water. Fully in the water. The Scriptures are right. Unless you are God our Savior Jesus Christ.??? Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;' Hallelujah for the water Jesus. Now you going to tell me washing don't mean washing. You show Scriptures where people after Jesus Christ went to heaven didn't get baptized in water. Not a commentary,not a website not Google Search. We want Scriptures where it say you don't have to be water baptized.!! Or Scriptures where true believers after Christ didn't get baptized.! If you can't provide just that. Admit your doctrine is false. I don't want believe and you saved. I want where it say exactly "no water baptism". Cause I can give you where it say and do water baptism.

DAN P

Paul was baptized in the water in the name of Jesus Christ. Acts 9:18 'And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.' ; My God in Jesus name. Paul was baptized in the water. Jesus was baptized in the water. Why.?? To show us the way to fulfill all righteousness. Matthew 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: ; God we love you. The Scriptures say when baptized He came out the WATER.!!! If not so why didn't it say they believed on God and said blah blah blah. It didn't. Baptism is water. Fully in the water. The Scriptures are right. Unless you are God our Savior Jesus Christ.??? Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;' Hallelujah for the water Jesus. Now you going to tell me washing don't mean washing. You show Scriptures where people after Jesus Christ went to heaven didn't get baptized in water. Not a commentary,not a website not Google Search. We want Scriptures where it say you don't have to be water baptized.!! Or Scriptures where true believers after Christ didn't get baptized.! If you can't provide just that. Admit your doctrine is false. I don't want believe and you saved. I want where it say exactly "no water baptism". Cause I can give you where it say and do water baptism.

Hi and in Matt 3:16 it says that Jesus WAS BAPTIZED with WATER / HYDOR not a doubt !!

In Acts 9: 17 and 18 the Greek text does not have the Greek WATER / HYDOR there AT ALL !!

Better check it !!

And it does NOT use IMMERSION , does it !!

dan p

Last edited:

Danoh

lol, I have seen folks with a master of divinity degree that had no clue. If the Holy Spirit doesn't give you the meaning of scripture all you have is head knowledge, which destroys and confuses heart ( faith ) knowledge.

As usual, you read your own ideas into another's words.

That was not what I'd meant when I used the phrase "what ends up a sort of high Scholarship level."

The more astute would easily have picked up on the words "a sort of..."

Further, I often post my not being very impressed with traditional Scholarship.

Lastly, you have yet to prove your same old delusion of many on TOL that their fool notions were given them "by the Holy Spirit" is sound.

As is clearly the case with you, many a clueless knucklehead on TOL on all sides of the fence assert that - proving only that they are clueless as to what the Scripture teaches about HOW the Spirit illuminates one's understanding.

It is why you and they - on all sides of the fence on this issue - are so often off-base in so many of (your/their) other assertions as well.

Fact is that HOW He illuminates His Word is through His Word in one hand, and Basic Childhood Elementary School Reading 101 - who, what, when, where, why, and how - in the other hand.

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

That, you incompetent is what this is...

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

It's called Comparing Verse With Verse.

That is all that is.

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

It's called "this word, phrase, and or passage here - this one over here says this about it..."

It's called Time In The Word.

It is HOW the lost are led to Believing THROUGH the Word.

It is also HOW some who are clearly lost can nevertheless pull off knowing the Word just as well as those actually saved.

Not that you and many just like you on all sides of the fence on this issue will agree with this post, as it does not fit each your obvious incompetence on this issue.

Psalms 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

That is the way of the Spirit as to this issue...

Hebrews 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

:doh:

COGTHW

Hi and in Matt 3:16 it says that Jesus WAS BAPTIZED with WATER / HYDOR not a doubt !!

In Acts 9: 17 and 18 the Greek text does not have the Greek WATER / HYDOR there AT ALL !!

Better check it !!

And it does NOT use IMMERSION , does it !!

dan p

Since it seem like you in love with man wisdom. HELP-words studies : Greek : 907 baptízō – properly, "submerge" (Souter); hence, baptize, to immerse (literally, "dip under"). ; STRONG Concordance baptizó: to dip, sink
Original Word: βαπτίζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: baptizó
Phonetic Spelling: (bap-tid'-zo)
Short Definition: I dip, submerge, baptize
Definition: lit: I dip, submerge, but specifically of ceremonial dipping; I baptize. ; Since you love man wisdom and I see you keep throwing Greek words out there. Here is your Greek. Baptism, Baptizo, MEANS SUBMERGED.!!! So now I want you to call the History Books lies also. And you still failed you saw my question. Bible verse that say 'they was not baptized' or 'no need of baptism' you dodges that question. I proved to you in YOUR GREEK WORDS.!!! AND WITH SCRIPTURES. Your doctrine is false. And the Scriptures say you will not make it in if you don't obey John 3:5 'Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.' Which is Acts 2:38 'Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.' Your doctrine is false, get in that water Dan P. You are lost and need to be found of God.

DAN P

Since it seem like you in love with man wisdom. HELP-words studies : Greek : 907 baptízō – properly, "submerge" (Souter); hence, baptize, to immerse (literally, "dip under"). ; STRONG Concordance baptizó: to dip, sink
Original Word: βαπτίζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: baptizó
Phonetic Spelling: (bap-tid'-zo)
Short Definition: I dip, submerge, baptize
Definition: lit: I dip, submerge, but specifically of ceremonial dipping; I baptize. ; Since you love man wisdom and I see you keep throwing Greek words out there. Here is your Greek. Baptism, Baptizo, MEANS SUBMERGED.!!! So now I want you to call the History Books lies also. And you still failed you saw my question. Bible verse that say 'they was not baptized' or 'no need of baptism' you dodges that question. I proved to you in YOUR GREEK WORDS.!!! AND WITH SCRIPTURES. Your doctrine is false. And the Scriptures say you will not make it in if you don't obey John 3:5 'Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.' Which is Acts 2:38 'Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.' Your doctrine is false, get in that water Dan P. You are lost and need to be found of God.

Hi and just take one at a time where Peter by the Holy Spirit says " YE SHALL RECEIVE " IS IN THE future tense and that happens in the first part of the Jacob's Trouble !!

Your FAILURE to recognize that Israel has been set aside makes you GALLOW as to what Peter and Paul have written by thr Holy Spirit !!

If you are not saved by the Grace of God you are FALLEN from Grace as Gal 5:4 and you are ACCURSED as the Holy Spirit has written in Gal 1:8 and that is your POSITION !!

dan p