ECT WAS PAUL BAPTIZED ??

DAN P

Where are you getting your definitions? This is what I've found.

G907
baptizó: to dip, sink
Original Word: βαπτίζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: baptizó
Phonetic Spelling: (bap-tid'-zo)
Short Definition: I dip, submerge, baptize
Definition: lit: I dip, submerge, but specifically of ceremonial dipping; I baptize.

HELPS Word-studies

907 baptízō – properly, "submerge" (Souter); hence, baptize, to immerse (literally, "dip under"). 907 (baptízō) implies submersion ("immersion"), in contrast to 472 /antéxomai ("sprinkle").

You're only thinking it isn't immerse.

Tell me what he means based on context of the PASSAGE.

Wouldn't you agree context is important?
Lk. 14:26 "If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.

Hi and what does TRANSLITERATION / baptizo means in your post above ??

dan p

turbosixx

Hi and the Greek BAPTIZO has many meaning and NO WHERE is it IMMERSION !!

So how was Paul BAPTIZED , and can you prove that he was IMMERSED any where in the bible ??

dan p

You're alone thinking it's not immersion.

How is this not being completely covered?
4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism

DAN P

You're alone thinking it's not immersion.

How is this not being completely covered?
4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism

Hi and than you mean BAPTIZO means IMMERSION , than , how can you be IMMERSED into a dead body that is no longer here , but in heaven ??

I , know of the formala , in the name of Jesus OR into the name of the Father , the Son and the Holy Spirit , so where is your FORMULA ??

dan p

turbosixx

Water baptism was an Israelite ritual under the Law for a sign of certain things.

Is this under the law?

Matt. 28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

turbosixx

Hi and than you mean BAPTIZO means IMMERSION , than , how can you be IMMERSED into a dead body that is no longer here , but in heaven ??

5 For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death,

I , know of the formala , in the name of Jesus OR into the name of the Father , the Son and the Holy Spirit , so where is your FORMULA ??

dan p

Yes, in the name of.

Acts 10:47 "Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?" 48 And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

DAN P

5 For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death,

Yes, in the name of.

Acts 10:47 "Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?" 48 And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Hi and if Water Baptism means IMMERSION in Acts 10:46 and 47 , he also received the Holy Spirit BUT if you care to notice the Holy Spirit was given BEFORE being Water Baptized !!

Care to explain ??

But in Rom 6:3 and 4 does not say in the " NAME OF THE LORD "

dan p

dan p

turbosixx

Hi and if Water Baptism means IMMERSION in Acts 10:46 and 47 , he also received the Holy Spirit BUT if you care to notice the Holy Spirit was given BEFORE being Water Baptized !!

Care to explain ??

dan p

Sure. This was a special situation, the FIRST Gentile converts. God used this situation to prove without doubt the Gentiles are to be included in the church.

If you will notice, there is a complete (long) chapter devoted to this conversion and it's referenced in two other chapters. This is only the other time God gave the Holy Spirit directly from heaven with evidence of speaking in tongues and the only other time we are told, in scripture, they were Holy Spirit baptized. The first time was the apostles on Pentecost. If you know of another, please show.

Acts 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them just as He did upon us at the beginning. 16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say, 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'

It's this event that convinces the Jews that Gentiles are included.
11:18 When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life."

DAN P

Sure. This was a special situation, the FIRST Gentile converts. God used this situation to prove without doubt the Gentiles are to be included in the church.

If you will notice, there is a complete (long) chapter devoted to this conversion and it's referenced in two other chapters. This is only the other time God gave the Holy Spirit directly from heaven with evidence of speaking in tongues and the only other time we are told, in scripture, they were Holy Spirit baptized. The first time was the apostles on Pentecost. If you know of another, please show.

Acts 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them just as He did upon us at the beginning. 16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say, 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'

It's this event that convinces the Jews that Gentiles are included.
11:18 When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life."

Hi and here is another one for you , in Acts 2:38 , they were baptizo in ' THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST "

And in Acts 2:38 the Greek word for SHALL is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE and that will happen in the first 3 1/2 year of Jacob's Trouble !!

I see that CONTEXT in Acts is no big DEAL for you and I believe I will do it to you also , as anything GOES with you !!
Lots of FUN HERE !!

dan p

DAN P

Is every passage supposed to explain every detail? He is giving MORE insight into what baptism does.

Hi and that is why I deal in verb tenses that are found in almost all verses as the verb describes the ACTION and the VOICES explains who is doing the Action to WHOM and the MOODS lets all know what other action is taken !!

You need a lot lof help and you are likme a drowning man that no one can help !!

dan p

turbosixx

Hi and here is another one for you , in Acts 2:38 , they were baptizo in ' THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST "

And in Acts 2:38 the Greek word for SHALL is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE

Yes, it's future based on if they are baptized.

Be baptized and you will receive. They first needed to be baptized.
38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Look what happened to those WHO were baptized.
2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

turbosixx

Hi and that is why I deal in verb tenses that are found in almost all verses as the verb describes the ACTION and the VOICES explains who is doing the Action to WHOM and the MOODS lets all know what other action is taken !!

You need a lot lof help and you are likme a drowning man that no one can help !!

dan p

On what grade level do you think the bible is written?

Danoh

Is this under the law?

Matt. 28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

Lol apparantly, you neither know your Old Testament very well, nor decided to at least try out my above advice.

turbosixx

Lol apparantly, you neither know your Old Testament very well, nor decided to at least try out my above advice.

I merely wanted to get down to facts.

You said,
Water baptism was an Israelite ritual under the Law for a sign of certain things.

So I wanted to know what law you place this under?