Warning: The Gospel You Preach Could Be Impure

God's Truth

So lost sheep become heifers, according to you.

According to Christ, when the lost sheep was found, it was still sheep.

Case closed.

Anyone can change.

You haven't asked me for scripture.

Do you really think that I don't have scripture?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I think one of the problems here is that you people aren't considering what Paul says in his epistle to the Romans.

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good. - Romans 7:7-12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans7:7-12&version=NKJV

Simply put, we are born innocent and alive to God, but when we reach a point in our lives where we understand the difference between right and wrong, and then choose wrong, we die to God, and it is at that point that we come to need a Savior.

"I would not have known sin except through the law."
If there is no law, then sin has no power.

"I was alive once without the law,"
We are all born innocent, alive to God.

"but when the commandment came,"
When we become aware of the law, also known as the knowledge of good and evil, we have reached the age of accountability.

"sin revived and I died."
Once we have reached the age of accountability, we have a choice between doing what is right and doing what is wrong. There has never been a man or woman who has ever chosen right their entire life (only the Man, Christ Jesus), and the moment one chooses wrong, sin revives, and the person dies to God.

God's Truth

I think one of the problems here is that you people aren't considering what Paul says in his epistle to the Romans.

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good. - Romans 7:7-12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans7:7-12&version=NKJV

Simply put, we are born innocent and alive to God, but when we reach a point in our lives where we understand the difference between right and wrong, and then choose wrong, we die to God, and it is at that point that we come to need a Savior.

"I would not have known sin except through the law."
If there is no law, then sin has no power.

"I was alive once without the law,"
We are all born innocent, alive to God.

"but when the commandment came,"
When we become aware of the law, also known as the knowledge of good and evil, we have reached the age of accountability.

"sin revived and I died."
Once we have reached the age of accountability, we have a choice between doing what is right and doing what is wrong. There has never been a man or woman who has ever chosen right their entire life (only the Man, Christ Jesus), and the moment one chooses wrong, sin revives, and the person dies to God.

I don't agree with you.

We all must learn about God. No one is born only with positive inclinations.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't agree with you.

We all must learn about God. No one is born only with positive inclinations.

You didn't read what I said. I'm not saying we are born without the ability to sin. I'm saying we are born innocent, alive to God, as Paul states, and it's only when we reach the point in our lives where we understand the difference between right and wrong, and then choose wrong, that we die to God, and from that point onward we need a Savior.

I know you won't read this article, but those who do click on links can read this one.
http://kgov.com/age-of-accountability

God's Truth

You didn't read what I said. I'm not saying we are born without the ability to sin. I'm saying we are born innocent, alive to God,
Alive to God?

as Paul states, and it's only when we reach the point in our lives where we understand the difference between right and wrong, and then choose wrong, that we die to God, and from that point onward we need a Savior.
We are not born knowing God.

I know you won't read this article, but those who do click on links can read this one.
http://kgov.com/age-of-accountability

No you need to debate your beliefs here.

Tell us in your own words what you want from that article.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You didn't read what I said. I'm not saying we are born without the ability to sin. I'm saying we are born innocent, alive to God, as Paul states, and it's only when we reach the point in our lives where we understand the difference between right and wrong, and then choose wrong, that we die to God, and from that point onward we need a Savior.

Whether we know we need one or not?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Alive to God?

Let me quote Romans again, seeing as it seems you completely missed it:

We are not born knowing God.

So then if what you say is true, what happens to a baby who dies just after birth? Or who dies inside his mother's womb?

No you need to debate your beliefs here.

Yeah, I don't care that you don't like reading links. That's not my problem. Those who want to can read through the article.

So my two questions for you, GT, are:

If what you say is true, that we are not born alive to God, what happens to a baby who dies before he is even aware of right and wrong?

What wrong did the baby commit that would separate him from God?

God's Truth

Let me quote Romans again, seeing as it seems you completely missed it:

That is about being taught about the law.

Paul said he was alive not knowing what was sin and that some things were wrong.

He said he was alive---not that he was alive in Christ.

So then if what you say is true, what happens to a baby who dies just after birth? Or who dies inside his mother's womb?

Those who are given much, much more is demanded. Those who are given little, little will be demanded. Those who are given nothing...would not nothing be demanded?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Whether we know we need one or not?
Yes.

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them )in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel. - Romans 2:12-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans2:12-16&version=NKJV

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Yes.

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them )in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel. - Romans 2:12-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans2:12-16&version=NKJV

Okay. :)