Votes: 26 27.1%
  • Barr

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 11 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Graphite

You can spin it any way you like. It's a vote of conscience and mine says that to hand over the presidency to Obama would be more evil than to hand it over to McCain.
No one is handing the presidency over to anyone.

You live in fear of what you assume everyone else is going to vote for. Your cowardice is that you will base your vote on what you assume everone else will do! And so are a few million other Christians in American! You're all voting out of fear of a man, and all of you assuming what all of the rest of you will do. A perfect example of the tragic lack of Christian leadership in this most trying of times... You follow in fear, rather than lead in courage.

Your cowardice is exactly the kind of attitude that had Israel bouncing in every direction for centuries and illiciting God's wrath on one generation after another. Compromise, compromise, compromise...

Or... you can stand faithful on God's moral standard, and trust Him.

You fear Obama. Why? Jesus said we should fear God, not men! Even if Obama was promising to execute all Christians, I fear no man.... I fear the One who made me, not the one who can threaten my body or my pocket book. And I would admonish you to do the same. When we honor God and obey Him rather than men, when we fear Him rather than men, He honors that and works in our lives effectively.

Stop fearing a mere man. Stop fearing the pathetic man who can kill the body, and fear the One who made you, who can ruin both body and soul in hell.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No one is handing the presidency over to anyone.

You live in fear of what you assume everyone else is going to vote for. Your cowardice is that you will base your vote on what you assume everone else will do! And so are a few million other Christians in American! You're all voting out of fear of a man, and all of you assuming what all of the rest of you will do. A perfect example of the tragic lack of Christian leadership in this most trying of times... You follow in fear, rather than lead in courage.

Your cowardice is exactly the kind of attitude that had Israel bouncing in every direction for centuries and illiciting God's wrath on one generation after another. Compromise, compromise, compromise...

Or... you can stand faithful on God's moral standard, and trust Him.

You fear Obama. Why? Jesus said we should fear God, not men! Even if Obama was promising to execute all Christians, I fear no man.... I fear the One who made me, not the one who can threaten my body or my pocket book. And I would admonish you to do the same. When we honor God and obey Him rather than men, when we fear Him rather than men, He honors that and works in our lives effectively.

Stop fearing a mere man. Stop fearing the pathetic man who can kill the body, and fear the One who made you, who can ruin both body and soul in hell.
:BRAVO:

mmstroud

Silver Member
Silver Subscriber

I can appreciate your passion if not your hostility.

Obama, if elected, could have a devastating and long-lasting effect on the life issue. We have his solemn promise that abortion on demand will continue unfettered during all phases of pregnancy and even beyond. There is no question that he will appoint activist justices along the lines of Ginsburg and Breyer. We have his promise on that as well.

I would not urge any Christian to go against conscience. I'll not go against mine.

The Graphite

I can appreciate your passion if not your hostility.

Obama, if elected, could have a devastating and long-lasting effect on the life issue. We have his solemn promise that abortion on demand will continue unfettered during all phases of pregnancy and even beyond. There is no question that he will appoint activist justices along the lines of Ginsburg and Breyer. We have his promise on that as well.

I would not urge any Christian to go against conscience. I'll not go against mine.
Hostile? I am not hostile toward you. You are a brother in Christ, and I love you enough to implore you to repent of a course of action that will hurt you more than it will hurt your country. McCain doesn't even want to overturn Roe v. Wade, himself. And you expect him to be your white knight? You are exceedingly foolish and misguided. And my desire is only for the very best for you, which would include you ceasing to compromise on child murder.

I don't encourage you to vote your conscience. I encourage you to stand in Christ's righteousness, which is far better than your conscience.

Faithful are the wounds of a friend, even more so of a brother.

mmstroud

Silver Member
Silver Subscriber
Hostile? I am not hostile toward you. You are a brother in Christ, and I love you enough to implore you to repent of a course of action that will hurt you more than it will hurt your country.

Don't tell anyone, but I'm a sister in Christ... (It's okay, though, I have broad shoulders)

Lucky

Hall of Fame
I'm surprised to see more votes for Keyes than Baldwin seeing that there's a ton more campaigning on TOL for Baldwin than there is for Keyes. Where are these Keyes voters hiding and why are they so silent? And what do y'all think of sites like these?

Door

I'm surprised to see more votes for Keyes than Baldwin seeing that there's a ton more campaigning on TOL for Baldwin than there is for Keyes. Where are these Keyes voters hiding and why are they so silent?

Maybe it's a computer problem. Maybe there is something wrong with their Keyesboard. :idunno:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I'm surprised to see more votes for Keyes than Baldwin seeing that there's a ton more campaigning on TOL for Baldwin than there is for Keyes. Where are these Keyes voters hiding and why are they so silent? And what do y'all think of sites like these?
As for who's voting, I guess a lot of people are very strict about not talking about who they are voting for.

As for the site, I didn't see any way to verify the sources. At least not without a lot of work.

Nightsongs

BANNED
Banned
are these Keyes voters hiding and why are they so silent? And what do y'all think of sites like these?

Keyes is under scrutiny for mishandled funds. This is according to the FEC. Keyes background is not as squeaky clean as people think it is. IF he was a viable candidate, all of this would come out into the open. Being that his chances of becoming president is equal to that of Daffy Duck becoming president, nobody really cares and his mishandled funds kind of got brushed aside.

GodsfreeWill

Gold Subscriber
I'm voting for BOTH Obama and McCain. How can I vote for both you ask? Easy...

My republican friends tell me I'm voting for Obama by not voting for McCain and my liberal friends tell me I'm voting for McCain by not voting for Obama. So I guess I'm voting for both Obama AND McCain.

billwald

Vote for Obama. Nothing will change but if takes the "everyone hates us" argument away from some of our national complainers it will be worth it.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I'm voting for BOTH Obama and McCain. How can I vote for both you ask? Easy...

My republican friends tell me I'm voting for Obama by not voting for McCain and my liberal friends tell me I'm voting for McCain by not voting for Obama. So I guess I'm voting for both Obama AND McCain.
:chuckle:

nicholsmom

I'm voting for Keyes, particularly (tho not solely) because his first act in office would be to issue a presidential order declaring the entire executive branch of the federal government would hitherto recognize the personhood of the unborn from conception, thus protecting their God-given rights under the Constitution, and he would even be prepared to send in the National Guard to enforce this locally, if and where necessary, just as we did with desegregation.

God bless Alan Keyes! Send in the men with guns!

:Clete::Grizzly::devil::whip:

If Keyes is so great, why couldn't he win a nomination? There must be some reason the man is unelectable.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
If Keyes is so great, why couldn't he win a nomination? There must be some reason the man is unelectable.
He has a nomination.

But he couldn't get one from the Republicans because he is right wing, and they are not.