Victim Blaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If someone baits a car in a bad neighborhood with a purse and waits to catch a habitual thief, are they wrong? Is that bad, or does that clean things up a bit?

they'd be tempting someone to sin

but it would be someone who was already actively sinning

what if you caught someone who had never sinned before and who might not have if you hadn't tempted him?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If someone baits a car in a bad neighborhood with a purse and waits to catch a habitual thief, are they wrong? Is that bad, or does that clean things up a bit?
Law enforcement does that sort of thing all the time.
Baiting prostitution seekers by dressing like a hooker.
Or baiting child molesters by creating a child's account and asking grown men to come over.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
ok, so you're hoping to catch someone with a covetous mind

what if you catch someone who never had a covetous mind before you put the opportunity before them?

1PeaceMaker

If the only cars that weren't closely surveilled and protected were the locked cars, pretty soon, they would be the easy targets.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
all threads are about rape victims
getsmiley-12.gif

1PeaceMaker

ok, so you're hoping to catch someone with a covetous mind

what if you catch someone who never had a covetous mind before you put the opportunity before them?

To the pure, all things are pure. An opportunity does not make a criminal. The heart does.

Some people are, by their very nature, vulnerable bait. They need protectors. The more enticing, the more protecting needed, especially in an unruly society.

Our problem is a lack of protection and a tolerant attitude toward crime trends. We need more of resistance and less encouragement of bad behavior towards those who are vulnerable and enticing.

glorydaz

No one is to blame for theft except the thief.

That's what I tried to tell my grandpa when I left the door open on the chicken coop, and a fox managed to make off with one of our best laying hens. :chuckle:

Thieves are like foxes....you aren't going to change them, so when I leave my purse on the seat of an unlocked car, it's MY fault. I am to blame.

The problem with people today is they flat out refuse to accept responsibility for their OWN behavior. They act like they are innocent victims. I'm betting that isn't the way most of us were raised, so what happened? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.