Unless You Believe That I Am "HE" (GOD) You Will Die In Your Sins, John 8:24

Krsto

"In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God, and the WORD was God" John 1:1.

No one can really understand the trinity. So, until someone comes up with a better explanation than John, I will continue to believe that Jesus who is the WORD, was God.

It helps to understand what John was actually saying. You refuse to accept any other interpretations.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Except that they don't.

He was GIVEN all authority. Someone given authority didn't have it to begin with.

Given that ability by God. "I can do NOTHING of myself." Being present in a few billion places at the same time is not the same as filling heaven and earth like our omnipresent God.

By your logic prophets would be omniscient. Jesus was not omniscient because there was something he didn't know, namely the time of his return.

A term that is used of human representatives of God, as it is here.

The Logos, the Plan of God, became a person. Jesus IS the Plan of God.

So are a lot of other humans in the bible.

Delegated authority. "I can do NOTHING of myself."

Amazing isn't it, that God would give this to a man. :)

Being one is not the same as being equal.

But not the Almighty God. "Everlasting Father" is better translated "father of futurity."

All things were created through Jesus, not Jesus as the one doing the creating.

Delegated authority. "I can do NOTHING of myself."

So you just ignore those scriptures because a cult uses them to refute your arguments. Way to be intellectually honest. :mmph:

6 days will dismiss them. she has been refuted her claims already.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I figured that. Don't know why I waste my time with people whose minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set.

Your comments are not wasted because there are some lurkers who missed them.

I don't have patience for repetitious posts like 6 days'.

Your patience is appreciated.

6days

Krsto said:
6days said:
Jesus is omnipotent
He has "all authority"...Matthew 28:18
He was GIVEN all authority. Someone given authority didn't have it to begin with.
Krsto..... As has been said a few times already, the verses listed are only used as an example. We don't base doctrine on just that one single verse. Doctrine of Jesus being omnipotent is based on the entirety of scripture from Genesis right through Revelation. You can explain away any verse, but when you have to explain away the entirety of scripture, you have a problem.

We can also look at how the Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy, because Jesus said that "God was His Father, making Himself equal with God" John 5:18
You can explain it away.....

Jesus also said “I and My Father are one” John 10:30.
You can deny it......

We can do things like seeing who our Creator is....
Eph.3:9 ... God, who created all things.
Gen. 1:1 In the beginning, God created
John 1:1,3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God... Through him (Jesus)all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Col. 1:16 For by Him (Jesus) all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him
Do you deny Him?

We see God the Father being described as eternal and almighty in verses such as Rev. 11:17..... And we see Jesus being described eternal and all powerful...and the sustainer in Col. 1:15-17

You can try explain one verse away... but there are many talking about Jesus being the express image of God, and His power.
Hebrews 1:3 . . who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.
Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever

You can deny Him... or be like Thomas and call Him your Lord and your God

6days

Krsto said:
6days said:
Jesus is the mighty God and the everlasting Father Is.9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
But not the Almighty God.
So are you suggesting that Jesus is the mighty God, but Jehovah is the almighty God? There are two Gods?

Krsto said:
"Everlasting Father" is better translated "father of futurity."
Really.... What version is that and can you tell us the qualifications of the translators?

Lets see what other teams of translators said...
New Living Translation
Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
English Standard Version
New American Standard Bible
Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
King James Bible
The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
International Standard Version
NET Bible
GOD'S WORD® Translation
New American Standard 1977
Jubilee Bible 2000
The Mighty One, The Eternal Father, The Prince of Peace.
King James 2000 Bible
American King James Version
American Standard Version
Douay-Rheims Bible
God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace.
Darby Bible Translation
Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace.
English Revised Version
Webster's Bible Translation
World English Bible
Young's Literal Translation

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Same Greek word: "dia". You don't need to rely on translations when you can just look in a dictionary and get all the possible definitions then figure out which one makes sense in context. Also, the ones in John show all things were created "through" the Logos, the Plan of God. IOW, to put that in our vernacular, all things were made in accordance with the Plan of God.

We prefer our translation and never felt the need to search for obscure translations to match unbelief

6days

Is there a true translation out there for us?

I have yet to find it. And I have over thirty to seek from.
True?
There are many GOOD translations. The publishers make available who the translators are.
There are a few bad translations, and in some cases the publisher wont reveal who did the 'translation'. For example the Watchtower / JW tells us that their translators are "anonymous".

keypurr

True?
There are many GOOD translations. The publishers make available who the translators are.
There are a few bad translations, and in some cases the publisher wont reveal who did the 'translation'. For example the Watchtower / JW tells us that their translators are "anonymous".

I think all translations from the Greek to English are more in error than the Hebrew to English translations.

KingdomRose

So are you suggesting that Jesus is the mighty God, but Jehovah is the almighty God? There are two Gods?

Really.... What version is that and can you tell us the qualifications of the translators?

Lets see what other teams of translators said...
New Living Translation
English Standard Version
New American Standard Bible
King James Bible
Holman Christian Standard Bible
International Standard Version
NET Bible
GOD'S WORD® Translation
New American Standard 1977
Jubilee Bible 2000
The Mighty One, The Eternal Father, The Prince of Peace.
King James 2000 Bible
American King James Version
American Standard Version
Douay-Rheims Bible
God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace.
Darby Bible Translation
English Revised Version
Webster's Bible Translation
World English Bible
Young's Literal Translation

It doesn't matter how many versions say that; I imagine they ALL do. Even the New World Translation. There are some things we have to know about "Mighty God" and "Everlasting Father." Everyone would agree that Jesus is indeed the "Prince of Peace." However, there is a void in understanding these other two titles.

(1) There are no capital letters OR punctuation in Hebrew, just as in Greek there are no capital letters or punctuation.

(2) The verse would then read, word for word: "a child is born to us a son is given to us and is the government on his shoulder and is called his name wonderful counselor the god mighty everlasting father prince of peace". (The Interlinear Bible/ Hebrew, Greek, English)

(3) Does "god mighty" mean that the Messiah is "god almighty"? These are two different "gods." "God Mighty" is, in Hebrew, EL GIBBOHR.

(4) "God almighty" is, in Hebrew, EL SHADDAI. Therefore, the "mighty god" is not the same as the "Almighty God."

(5) The Messiah is never referred to as El Shaddai (Almighty God).

(6) Only YHWH (Jehovah) is called El Shaddai.

(7) The Messiah is "everlasting father" because he is a life-giver. It is because of him that we can have everlasting life. He has spiritual children, similarly to the Apostle Paul (please see I Corinthians 4:14; Galatians 4:19; Philemon 10). Jesus is not THE Father of everyone---he is not his own Father. He did not pray to himself.

(8) It is vital to understand the term "god." It can be any body or any thing. Referred to by the New Testament writers, it means just that and usually refers to men or idols. In the Old Testament the term included angels and human judges. "God" simply means, when referring to people, an important and powerful individual. When a Greek writer wants to say something about God, the Almighty, he will use the definite article 'TOV' with the title of "god." That is the way someone can discern what "god" is being talked about. Yes, there are MANY "gods," but only one ALMIGHTY God, the Father, Jehovah. (I Corinthians 8:5,6)

If anyone reads this, I hope they have a better understanding of what "god" means.

Robert Pate

Banned
It doesn't matter how many versions say that; I imagine they ALL do. Even the New World Translation. There are some things we have to know about "Mighty God" and "Everlasting Father." Everyone would agree that Jesus is indeed the "Prince of Peace." However, there is a void in understanding these other two titles.

(1) There are no capital letters OR punctuation in Hebrew, just as in Greek there are no capital letters or punctuation.

(2) The verse would then read, word for word: "a child is born to us a son is given to us and is the government on his shoulder and is called his name wonderful counselor the god mighty everlasting father prince of peace". (The Interlinear Bible/ Hebrew, Greek, English)

(3) Does "god mighty" mean that the Messiah is "god almighty"? These are two different "gods." "God Mighty" is, in Hebrew, EL GIBBOHR.

(4) "God almighty" is, in Hebrew, EL SHADDAI. Therefore, the "mighty god" is not the same as the "Almighty God."

(5) The Messiah is never referred to as El Shaddai (Almighty God).

(6) Only YHWH (Jehovah) is called El Shaddai.

(7) The Messiah is "everlasting father" because he is a life-giver. It is because of him that we can have everlasting life. He has spiritual children, similarly to the Apostle Paul (please see I Corinthians 4:14; Galatians 4:19; Philemon 10). Jesus is not THE Father of everyone---he is not his own Father. He did not pray to himself.

(8) It is vital to understand the term "god." It can be any body or any thing. Referred to by the New Testament writers, it means just that and usually refers to men or idols. In the Old Testament the term included angels and human judges. "God" simply means, when referring to people, an important and powerful individual. When a Greek writer wants to say something about God, the Almighty, he will use the definite article 'TOV' with the title of "god." That is the way someone can discern what "god" is being talked about. Yes, there are MANY "gods," but only one ALMIGHTY God, the Father, Jehovah. (I Corinthians 8:5,6)

If anyone reads this, I hope they have a better understanding of what "god" means.

You will be better off to believe that Jesus is the second person of the godhead than to believe that he is not.

The bible clearly teaches that God is three persons in one. The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit and these three are one.

genuineoriginal

You will be better off to believe that Jesus is the second person of the godhead than to believe that he is not.
There is no benefit in believing that.
The only benefit comes when you believe that God sent His Son and that Jesus is the Son of God that was sent.

The bible clearly teaches that God is three persons in one.
The Bible clearly does not teach that God is three persons in one (one what? One person?).
The closest you can get is finding teaching that God is one, Jesus as the Son of God is a partaker in divinity, and that all believers are to be one with Jesus and the Father in the same manner that Jesus and the Father are one.

The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit and these three are one.
That is the teaching of organized Christian religion.
It is an extra-Biblical doctrine (a doctrine not found in the Bible).
It is either the doctrine of men or was divinely revealed to someone outside the recorded Word of the Bible.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The Bible clearly does not teach that God is three persons in one (one what? One person?).
The closest you can get is finding teaching that God is one, Jesus as the Son of God is a partaker in divinity, and that all believers are to be one with Jesus and the Father in the same manner that Jesus and the Father are one.

excellent, amen.

Robert Pate

Banned
There is no benefit in believing that.
The only benefit comes when you believe that God sent His Son and that Jesus is the Son of God that was sent.

That is the teaching of organized Christian religion.
It is an extra-Biblical doctrine (a doctrine not found in the Bible).
It is either the doctrine of men or was divinely revealed to someone outside the recorded Word of the Bible.

Who was it that said... "Let "US" make man in our image, after "OUR" Likeness?" Genesis 1:26.

Robert Pate

Banned
I see nothing that teaches three gods in one in that statement.
In fact, there is not even a single verse in the Bible that teaches three gods in one.

I don't think it is a good idea to refer to the godhead as three God's in one. Even though that may be the case.

I like to think of it as three separate entities of God in one person.

The Father stays in heaven.

The Son comes into the world as the savior.

The Holy Spirit glorifies the work of the Son and works in the life of the believer.