Unless You Believe That I Am "HE" (GOD) You Will Die In Your Sins, John 8:24

keypurr

Yes Keypurr...... Only God the Father knows.
I'm going to create a thread using that line.

However, the Son and the Father are one.

Are not we also one with the Father?

Are we all gods?

In what way was Christ one with his Father?

6days

What does him being one with the Father have to do with anything considering he prayed we would be one even as he and his father are one?
he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness Phil:2:7
I and the Father are one. Jn 10:30
etc

meshak

BANNED
Banned
he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness Phil:2:7
I and the Father are one. Jn 10:30
etc

So according to your logic, Jesus' followers are God since Jesus claims His followers are one with Him?

6days

So according to your logic, Jesus' followers are God since Jesus claims His followers are one with Him?
that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me Jn 17:21

meshak

BANNED
Banned
that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me Jn 17:21

You seem to be assuming that all Jesus' followers are not one with Him.

am I correct?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
6 days,

Jesus prayed for His followers to be one with Him.

Don't you think His Father listens and grants His request?

I am positive He does since Jesus is the most faithful Servant of His Father.

So since many of His followers are one with Him, they are also God, according to your logic.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
6 days did not answer my confrontation as usual. that's how it goes when trinity believers being pointed out their inconsistency.

beloved57

Yes!

Salvation was not promised to all of humanity, but exclusively to Israel Acts 13:23;
only a remnant of all humanity Rom. 11:5; God's Elect, who were given Grace
before the World began 2 Tim. 1:9; Titus 1:1-2!

Luke 1:68
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people

~~~~~
That's right! He was raised a Saviour to Israel, His Elect World Wide ! :)

6days

6 days,

Jesus prayed for His followers to be one with Him.

Don't you think His Father listens and grants His request?

I am positive He does since Jesus is the most faithful Servant of His Father.

So since many of His followers are one with Him, they are also God, according to your logic.
No... unlike Jesus, I am not sinless, omnipotent, omniscient, Holy, worthy of worship, eternal etc.
However because of Jesus, I am righteous and one with Him.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No... unlike Jesus, I am not sinless, omnipotent, omniscient, Holy, worthy of worship, eternal etc.
However because of Jesus, I am righteous and one with Him.

So you dismiss Jesus' word to justify your man-made doctrine.

I just explained how your doctrine of "I and Father are one" is inconsistent with Jesus is God because He and His Father are one.

According to your logic, His followers are God since Jesus says they are one with Him since Jesus is God..

meshak

BANNED
Banned
BTW 6days,

You are not the only one who follows Jesus.

I am very sure that there are many, many Jesus' followers whom Jesus calls they are one with Him.

Early Jesus' followers are obvious examples.

And they did not claim to be God because they are one with Jesus.

Robert Pate

Banned
It is anti-Christ to say that Jesus was not God in the flesh, 1 John 4:2, 3.

Jesus was the Godman. He was all that God could be and all that man could be in one person.

If Jesus was not God then who was that, that turned water into wine, walked on water, stilled a storm, healed the sick, made the blind to see, raised the dead and ascended into heaven?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It is anti-Christ to say that Jesus was not God in the flesh, 1 John 4:2, 3.

Jesus was the Godman. He was all that God could be and all that man could be in one person.

If Jesus was not God then who was that, that turned water into wine, walked on water, stilled a storm, healed the sick, made the blind to see, raised the dead and ascended into heaven?

blah blah blah....

You add your own assumption to the Scripture, which is very anti-Christ.

Your doctrine is all about your opinion, not about God nor Jesus.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It is very important to know who Jesus is. If you believe that he was just a good man you will probably not be saved. Jesus claimed to be divine. He said to the Jews, "You are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you do not believe that I am he, you shall die in your sins" John 8:23, 24.

Once again this scripture proves that we are justified by faith. Faith in a man is not going to save you. We must believe that Jesus was God in the flesh if we are going to be saved. Only God can defeat sin, death and the devil and reconcile the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19. I also believe that you must believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 4:14. To not believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world is to not believe that Jesus is God.

Many will be lost because they do not believe that Jesus was able to abolish sin, death and the devil and in doing so reconcile the world unto God. They just simply do not have faith in him. When you add anything to the Gospel such as works or whatever, you have dimnished the saving work of Christ and have made Jesus less than what he is.

Seems like no matter how plain it is in scripture without direct revelation from the Father people cannot recognise Christ as God.

Robert Pate

Banned
blah blah blah....

You add your own assumption to the Scripture, which is very anti-Christ.

Your doctrine is all about your opinion, not about God nor Jesus.

If Jesus is not God then he is not Lord.

If he is not Lord then you are still in your sins and are without hope.

OCTOBER23

Interesting

All those scriptures quoted and yet No one agrees on their exact meaning.

Two Jews = 3 Opinions

Two Christians = No Agreement of Opinion

Maybe, That is why we need a Mediator .:thumb:

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that
speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Last edited:

KingdomRose

Yes, and I was merely supplementing the point which Jamie appeared to be making, which is true, (from John 17:21). If we interpret one passage to be meant one way, (John 10:30) and another with the same wording to mean something else, (John 17:21) then we are deceiving ourselves and subverting the writings for our own belief system. It is an unjust and unfair reading of the Book to suit a particular mindset. The passages which follow in the same context make this point even more abundantly clear:

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

So you are confirming the point that Jesus' followers are "one" with him and the Father, therefore, the disciples must be God. OR ELSE....being "one" means to be in agreement. I really think that the latter meaning is correct, and it can also be applied to John 10:30.

KingdomRose

Yes, we are not identical twins with Jesus, we are only like him as a brother. We are family and joint heirs with him of all that is.

For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren. (Hebrews 2:11 NKJV)​

Only God is immortal.

No. Jehovah is immortal AND His Son Jesus is immortal. (I Timothy 6:16) Then all of Jesus' co-rulers will be immortal, when they reach the end of their lives on Earth. So you see....God is not the only one who is immortal.