unfinished business

heir

TOL Subscriber
Act 15:6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
"shall be saved" is future for Peter just as it is for Corne's house; receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls 1 Peter 1:9 KJV). That salvation is of the grace that "should" come unto them (Acts 15:11 KJV, 1 Peter 1:10 KJV). Ours salvation is right now (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV, Ephesians 2:5 KJV)!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
"shall be saved" is future for Peter just as it is for Corne's house; receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls 1 Peter 1:9 KJV). That salvation is of the grace that "should" come unto them (Acts 15:11 KJV, 1 Peter 1:10 KJV). Ours salvation is right now (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV, Ephesians 2:5 KJV)!

AMEN!

musterion

I believe, saint john, since most believers agree that all that will be saved are saved by the blood of the LORD Jesus Christ, that there could only possibly be one gospel

:think:

So what their belief could be boiled down to is, "The Blood is The Gospel."

That would explain the ecumenical and universalist bent of many here. Forget this gospel or that gospel, this apostle or that apostle, this church or that church...forget doctrine...forget correction and rebuke and exposing error (except for rebuking MADs). None of it really matters. Just claim the Blood and you're "in."

It's so obvious but I never though of it quite that way before. Thank you for kick starting this idea for me.

Epoisses

Step right up, come one come all and get your gospel right here. We have big gospels and little gospels, we have a gospel for everyone. We have so many gospels that we can't even keep track of them all.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. Gal. 1:8,9

Apparently Paul was not a dispensationalist.

musterion

Step right up, come one come all and get your gospel right here. We have big gospels and little gospels, we have a gospel for everyone. We have so many gospels that we can't even keep track of them all.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. Gal. 1:8,9

Apparently Paul was not a dispensationalist.

Prove you know whereof you speak by starting at the beginning on this.

What was the exact good news Paul had preached to the Galatians, which had saved them? What did he tell them they must do to be saved?

Epoisses

Prove you know whereof you speak by starting at the beginning on this.

What was the exact good news Paul had preached to the Galatians, which had saved them? What did he tell them they must do to be saved?

He said run as fast and as far as you can from the law keepers or you will fall from grace.

musterion

He said run as fast and as far as you can from the law keepers or you will fall from grace.

Not what I'm asking. What was the good news they heard from Paul when he first arrived and the Galatians began to get saved? Do you know?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What is the exact message of what Paul called "my Gospel," by believing which the Galatians had been saved?

Hint: 1 Cor 15:3-4.

Hint: No one has been saved by anything Paul said or did. There is only one name by which salvation is given and that name is not Paul.

No one is saved by words, salvation is only by grace through faith in Jesus who was born to be the one and only Savior. (Matthew 1:21)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not what I'm asking. What was the good news they heard from Paul when he first arrived and the Galatians began to get saved? Do you know?

Paul's message to the Galatians was the same as his message to everyone: "Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ who gave Himself for our sins that He might deliver us from this present evil age according to the will of our God and Father to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen." (Galatians 1:3-5)

Paul went on to explain that is the one and only true gospel message that he received from his Savior.

SaulToPaul 2

:think:

So what their belief could be boiled down to is, "The Blood is The Gospel."

That would explain the ecumenical and universalist bent of many here. Forget this gospel or that gospel, this apostle or that apostle, this church or that church...forget doctrine...forget correction and rebuke and exposing error (except for rebuking MADs). None of it really matters. Just claim the Blood and you're "in."

It's so obvious but I never though of it quite that way before. Thank you for kick starting this idea for me.

Well, here's what I was thinking.

Take someone like Nang. She will look back at Adam and say, well, how else did his sins get blotted except by the blood of Christ? And she would be right.

But, she will take it a step further and say he must have known 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) then, and been in the Body of Christ. Wrong!

That was more of the point I was hoping to make.

musterion

Well, here's what I was thinking.

Take someone like Nang. She will look back at Adam and say, well, how else did his sins get blotted except by the blood of Christ? And she would be right.

But, she will take it a step further and say he must have known 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) then, and been in the Body of Christ. Wrong!

That was more of the point I was hoping to make.

No, you did make it and it's clear and right on. I was just running with it, thinking more of the practical outworking of their belief...why they interact with each other the way they do.

If there's ONLY one gospel, and that gospel is essentially "the blood of Jesus," then anyone claiming the blood has to be accepted no matter what else they may add on top of it.

Zeke

Galatians 3:8, Acts 26:22, 28:20-24, Romans Paul teaches imputed faith of father Abraham, Myriads of OT quotes, Galatians Paul teaches the same showing the allegorical intent of the stories Galatians 4:24, the Kingdom within Luke 17:20-21 may have diverse levels of understanding Matt 11:11, but it's still one in Christ, unless the house/temple is divided which mid acts has done through bad interpretation and trust of the Acts letter which perverts the Galatians conversion of Paul. better decalcify that penial gland (little stone) Gen 32:30.