UN passes unprecedented pro-family resolution, outraging radicals

Sancocho

homosexuality is not a belief a theory or a change.

Do we still have to worry about conquest by Roman legions?

It is not science it is therefore a belief. For example, you can't post one reputable scientific source that can prove that homosexuality is biological.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
@kmoney: Well, not breaking up couples, but encouraging divorce, YES.

Here is one, which got me started on the issue:
The Secular Case Against Gay Marriage, c 2004, Kolasinski:

Since this piece, there have been numerous articles echoing his same arguments: Some secular, some religious:

http://tech.mit.edu/V124/N5/kolasinski.5c.html

:idunno: Not sure how I feel about this. You can think about marriage as more than a baby making venture and still put the baby first if you get pregnant. And couples who have children should do their best to stay together for them regardless of the marital status.

If a couple had no intentions on having children, would you tell them to skip marriage?

Since I already see marriage and procreation as being separate I don't think I'm persuaded that gay marriage is going to cause any harm in this respect.

There may be an increased selfishness or a decrease in desire/concern for having children, but I'm struggling to see the connection between that and how marriage is defined or what purpose it is given. People are going to want children and be committed to their children or not, regardless of how the gov't defines marriage. Let's say the gov't suddenly defined marriage as only for relationships where procreation is possible and desired. Do you think that would increase the number of couples who stay together after having children?

It seems like what you'd really be after is for them to make it more difficult to get a divorce if children are involved. :idunno:

GFR7

:idunno: Not sure how I feel about this. You can think about marriage as more than a baby making venture and still put the baby first if you get pregnant. And couples who have children should do their best to stay together for them regardless of the marital status.

If a couple had no intentions on having children, would you tell them to skip marriage?

Since I already see marriage and procreation as being separate I don't think I'm persuaded that gay marriage is going to cause any harm in this respect.

There may be an increased selfishness or a decrease in desire/concern for having children, but I'm struggling to see the connection between that and how marriage is defined or what purpose it is given. People are going to want children and be committed to their children or not, regardless of how the gov't defines marriage. Let's say the gov't suddenly defined marriage as only for relationships where procreation is possible and desired. Do you think that would increase the number of couples who stay together after having children?

It seems like what you'd really be after is for them to make it more difficult to get a divorce if children are involved. :idunno:
I see what you're saying; you raise good points and ask good questions-
Hmmm, you may be right.....you just may be right.........:think:

Sancocho

There is really no need to struggle with choosing the wrong solution because God always has had the solution.

The problem is current illogic states that is something is going to occur it must be legalized. That is why the West is failing. Rather, we should promote the Christian model, that sets an ideal to be held to, even if not everyone can attain it.

Also, as if there was any doubt the social indicators of the countries that have embraced anti family values have shown there are in a steep decline and will either most generally implode because of:

1. pluralism causes increasing costs to manage society or corrupt over reaching law enforcement
2. replacement of citizens by immigrants willing to procreate at sufficient levels.

This cycle has been repeated throughout history.

GFR7

There is really no need to struggle with choosing the wrong solution because God always has had the solution.

The problem is current illogic states that is something is going to occur it must be legalized. That is why the West is failing. Rather, we should promote the Christian model, that sets an ideal to be held to, even if not everyone can attain it.

Also, as if there was any doubt the social indicators of the countries that have embraced anti family values have shown there are in a steep decline and will either most generally implode because of:

1. pluralism causes increasing costs to manage society or corrupt over reaching law enforcement
2. replacement of citizens by immigrants willing to procreate at sufficient levels.

This cycle has been repeated throughout history.
Well, yes: Pluralism itself is a problem. I would like to see divorce rates lower; even so, gay marriage is a step FURTHER into pluralism, so this does bring me full circle. :idunno: Same sex marriage does nothing to reverse (and does much to further) our latest "revolution":

A massive, silent cultural revolution has changed America

http://nypost.com/2015/06/06/how-a-massive-silent-cultural-revolution-has-changed-america/

TracerBullet

It is not science it is therefore a belief. For example, you can't post one reputable scientific source that can prove that homosexuality is biological.

I can't post one reputable scientific source that can prove that illness and disease are caused by bacteria and viruses.

What i can do is post an awful lot of evidence regarding germ theory.

Sancocho

I can't post one reputable scientific source that can prove that illness and disease are caused by bacteria and viruses.

What i can do is post an awful lot of evidence regarding germ theory.

As a biology professor all I can say is your understanding of biology is lacking.

Last edited:

TracerBullet

As a biology professor all I can say is your understanding of biology is lacking.

one would think a biology professor would know that germ theory is just that - a theory. Again you cannot "prove" bacteria/viruses cause illness you can only show overwhelming evidence in support of that.

In the same way no one can"prove" that sexual orientation is inborn but that is what the overwhelming evidence shows.

bybee

one would think a biology professor would know that germ theory is just that - a theory. Again you cannot "prove" bacteria/viruses cause illness you can only show overwhelming evidence in support of that.

In the same way no one can"prove" that sexual orientation is inborn but that is what the overwhelming evidence shows.

History is a form of evidence is it not?
From time immemorial a male and a female are necessary for procreation, at least in the higher echelons of creatures.
A male and a female together keep a species in the game.
All other unions are non productive and aberrant.

Sancocho

There is no overwhelming evidence of homosexuality being biological and furthermore if they applied the same standards of scientific rigor and peer review to studies of homosexuality that they do "germ theory" NO ONE would dare make a claim that homosexuality COULD BE biological.

Again, COULD BE, MIGHT BE, POSSIBLY BE are the operative words for every homosexual study done to date and this is why they aren't real science.

The problem is public money drives research either through the government or publicly traded companies who will not go against the general public perception. I know this because I did research in a graduate program for a doctor who had to obtain sponsors.

BTW, please explain your science background.

TracerBullet

History is a form of evidence is it not?
From time immemorial a male and a female are necessary for procreation, at least in the higher echelons of creatures.
A male and a female together keep a species in the game.
which has nothing to do with the topic.

All other unions are non productive and aberrant.
that is your opinion

TracerBullet

There is no overwhelming evidence of homosexuality being biological
thousands of peer reviewed studies on the subject say otherwise.

At the same time you can't post one reputable scientific source that can prove that homosexuality is a choice or the result of how one was raised

and furthermore if they applied the same standards of scientific rigor and peer review to studies of homosexuality that they do "germ theory" NO ONE would dare make a claim that homosexuality COULD BE biological.
Any evidence that the same standards are not applied or is that just baseless bluster on your part

Again, COULD BE, MIGHT BE, POSSIBLY BE are the operative words for every homosexual study done to date and this is why they aren't real science.
No they are real. the fact that your personal prejudice is not supported by the overwhelming evidence does not invalidate the evidence

The problem is public money drives research either through the government or publicly traded companies who will not go against the general public perception. I know this because I did research in a graduate program for a doctor who had to obtain sponsors.

BTW, please explain your science background.
More baseless bluster?

Sancocho

thousands of peer reviewed studies on the subject say otherwise.

At the same time you can't post one reputable scientific source that can prove that homosexuality is a choice or the result of how one was raised

Any evidence that the same standards are not applied or is that just baseless bluster on your part

No they are real. the fact that your personal prejudice is not supported by the overwhelming evidence does not invalidate the evidence

More baseless bluster?

You have no references.

TracerBullet

You have no references.

You've already clearly stated that you reject any reference that contradicts what you want to believe.

In the meantime: DO you have any evidence that the same standards of scientific rigor and peer review are not applied to studies of homosexuality that they do "germ theory"???

Do you have any evidence that interest groups altered the results of the studies you don't like?

And the fact remains that you can't post one reputable scientific source that can prove that homosexuality is a choice or the result of how one was raised