UN passes unprecedented pro-family resolution, outraging radicals

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you are going to look, don't look for some generic harm on society, which is what you told me to google. My post was specifically about breaking up heterosexual couples.

Which is an impossibility IF the couple has a stable relationship ...

GFR7

@kmoney: Well, not breaking up couples, but encouraging divorce, YES.

Here is one, which got me started on the issue:
The Secular Case Against Gay Marriage, c 2004, Kolasinski:

Since this piece, there have been numerous articles echoing his same arguments: Some secular, some religious:

Some argue that the link between marriage and procreation is not as strong as it once was, and they are correct. Until recently, the primary purpose of marriage, in every society around the world, has been procreation. In the 20th century, Western societies have downplayed the procreative aspect of marriage, much to our detriment. As a result, the happiness of the parties to the marriage, rather than the good of the children or the social order, has become its primary end, with disastrous consequences.

When married persons care more about themselves than their responsibilities to their children and society, they become more willing to abandon these responsibilities, leading to broken homes, a plummeting birthrate, and countless other social pathologies that have become rampant over the last 40 years.

Homosexual marriage is not the cause for any of these pathologies, but it will exacerbate them, as the granting of marital benefits to a category of sexual relationships that are necessarily sterile can only widen the separation between marriage and procreation.

http://tech.mit.edu/V124/N5/kolasinski.5c.html

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So your biggest argument against gay marriage (which is a done deal, BTW) is procreation?

Even though the allowance of sterilization and birth control and the fact that many who marry and unable to have children, you wish to pretend gays are responsible for marriages that do not produce children?

BTW, heterosexuals encourage divorce via adultery. Care to address that point?

GFR7

So your biggest argument against gay marriage (which is a done deal, BTW) is procreation?

Even though the allowance of sterilization and birth control and the fact that many who marry and unable to have children, you wish to pretend gays are responsible for marriages that do not produce children?

BTW, heterosexuals encourage divorce via adultery. Care to address that point?
Right; gay marriage is one more step down that road. It's clearly set forth in this piece, and many others.

Call ssm a done deal; many do not think it is so. :mock:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I won't realize it, and will keep on using it :mock: Question is, what will YOU do? :think: :rotfl:

Since my life isn't centered around the private lives and marriages of other strangers, exactly the same as I am doing now. :)

Last edited:

Sancocho

The problem with the promotion of homosexuality as innocuous is that it completely ignores recorded history of what embracing homosexuality has done to a society. Ancient Greece is a good example.

Homosexuality is a corruptive force because it goes against the conscience so it must be promoted among groups that embrace it because of the need of self validation. The long term effects are the destruction of the family, like the concept of sacrifice and a general sense of right and wrong. Long term it effects birth rates which is the death of any society.

Unfortunately, modern social science and demographics has been mostly developed by the UN, which is of course prone to public opinion and politics. As homosexuality has become increasingly promoted and accepted there are few research monies to go to investigating the long term negative consequences because of the mechanism of scientific research that does support research that oppose current public opinion. On the other hand there are millions of dollars for research to try to prove the "natural cause" of homosexuality and supposed innocuous effects on society of homosexuality.

All the social indicators of the countries that have embraced homosexuality show they are in a massive slide to oblivion. Their birth rates are much lower than the minimum and their homicide rate of children is at the level of a World War. The consequence is their days are numbered in terms of decades before they implode due to violence, corruption or are replaced by more virulent cultures, such as the Muslims, etc.

GFR7

The problem with the promotion of homosexuality as innocuous is that it completely ignores recorded history of what embracing homosexuality has done to a society. Ancient Greece is a good example.

Homosexuality is a corruptive force because it goes against the conscience so it must be promoted among groups that embrace it because of the need of self validation. The long term effects are the destruction of the family, like the concept of sacrifice and a general sense of right and wrong. Long term it effects birth rates which is the death of any society.

Unfortunately, modern social science and demographics has been mostly developed by the UN, which is of course prone to public opinion and politics. As homosexuality has become increasingly promoted and accepted there are few research monies to go to investigating the long term negative consequences because of the mechanism of scientific research that does support research that oppose current public opinion. On the other hand there are millions of dollars for research to try to prove the "natural cause" of homosexuality and supposed innocuous effects on society of homosexuality.

All the social indicators of the countries that have embraced homosexuality show they are in a massive slide to oblivion. Their birth rates are much lower than the minimum and their homicide rate of children is at the level of a World War. The consequence is their days are numbered in terms of decades before they implode due to violence, corruption or are replaced by more virulent cultures, such as the Muslims, etc.
I hear you, brother - but your reasonable message will not be heard by many here. :plain:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hmm, at least you admit it :think:

:chuckle: Obvious typo. You, as well as I, know that *my* life isn't centered around what happens in the private lives of strangers.

Unfortunately, you cannot say the same thing. :)

GFR7

:chuckle: Obvious typo. You, as well as I, know that *my* life isn't centered around what happens in the private lives of strangers.

Unfortunately, you cannot say the same thing. :)
There are no accidents. It was a clear Freudian slip :AMR1:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are no accidents. It was a clear Freudian slip :AMR1:

IF blaming my typo for your unhealthy obsession with the private lives of strangers is what you need to validate your obsessive behavior, then so be it.

TracerBullet

societies that embrace homosexuality (what ever that means) get concurred by Rome?