Tylenol Puts Two Moms into classic 1943 Norman Rockwell Painting

shagster01

time was, that wasn't a good reason to split

It certainly isn't biblical.

Funny thing though, conservatives don't seem to be pushing to make unbiblical reasons for divorce illegal or invalid. Why is that? Does it hit too close to home?

musterion

I don't know.

Well see, Shag, if one of your folks cheated on the other, that would give biblical warrant to divorce if reconciliation and forgiveness wasn't possible. IF that were the case, your mom would be well within her rights to say what she did about queer marriage (assuming she was the one cheated on). But even if not - and you won't like this - it's still between a man and woman only, and even a hypothetically adulterous divorcee can rightly point that out...just because her marriage fails does not lend credence to sodomites getting hitched. Sorry.

GFR7

Well see, Shag, if one of your folks cheated on the other, that would give biblical warrant to divorce if reconciliation and forgiveness wasn't possible. IF that were the case, your mom would be well within her rights to say what she did about queer marriage (assuming she was the one cheated on). But even if not - and you won't like this - it's still between a man and woman only, and even a hypothetically adulterous divorcee can rightly point that out...just because her marriage fails does not lend credence to sodomites getting hitched. Sorry.
Right. I am not a fan of no-fault divorce or of divorce in general, and I hate the way many people view marriage now (as transitory, as a route for serial monogamy).

However, the decayed state of affairs has nothing to do with opening the door to something which makes no sense for marriage . I wonder why gays even use this argument? (i.e., How can you speak against gay marriage, look at all the divorces.) Nothing like being told, "Come on into marriage; it's all decayed anyway."

musterion

(i.e., How can you speak against gay marriage, look at all the divorces.)

To even make that "argument" shows how utterly blind and stupid God, in His righteous judgment, has left them.

shagster01

To even make that "argument" shows how utterly blind and stupid God, in His righteous judgment, has left them.

Except that whole plank in your own eye verse... You probably scratched that out in your bible so you wouldn't have to fix the church before the gays, right?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Depending on whether we are optimists or pessimists, this will seem like progress, or the opposite. :plain:

tylenol_rockwell_450.jpg

http://www.bilerico.com/2014/12/tyl...rman_rockwell_paintin.php#5kt7pxoDdGwwT64O.99
Positively vile!
picture.php

musterion

Seriously...anyone else notice how the people at the table don't appear all that pleased to be there? Must be that finger pointing, preachy-looking chick on the right.