Trump Tax Reform

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
It goes without saying that if you don't cut the size of government that tax cuts are nothing but a façade.

That being said: What area would you Libertarians cut the size of government?

Would you start off by cutting the Dept. of Defense, as everyone knows that if you leave Islam alone, they'll leave us alone.

Yes. We can absolutely cut defense spending. It's out of control.

That's one place, the Education Dept, among others..

Back to getting along with a faux religion that espouses barbarianism towards those who don't embrace their insanity.

Exactly how is that done?

Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
How about social programs for AIDS victims, drug addicts, etc.? You know, people whose lives Libertarians have helped destroy.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Your still a pathetic authoritarian who thinks he's a real conservative.

I'm just pointing out the high financial cost of what you Libertarians call "liberty". What should be done with those people who believe in Libertarian ideology and because of it are afflicted with life threatening/ending diseases?

Say compassionate things to them like "tough luck"?

drbrumley

I'm fine with talking about anything you want to.

Again, why is it such high financial cost? Care to answer or you going to duck and run as usual?

Sent from my SM-G920V using TOL mobile app

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Given that the Republicans already have a numerical majority in both the House and the Senate, one wonders as to how it is logical to lay the blame on the Democrats for "squashing" GOP legislation!

Apparently the GOP leadership, in its infinite wisdom, feels that there are no lessons to be learned from the recent healthcare fiascos.

Without even attempting to go through the motions of seeking prior consultations with the Democrats, our Republican "friends" will once again act all surprised and dismayed when they fail to attract bipartisan support, particularly for unpopular legislation.

That being said, I'm sure we can all take comfort in "parick jane's" endorsement of this proposed tax bill, safe in the knowledge that he has read and understood its ramifications before bestowing his much esteemed "seal of approval!"
You nor the demonrats have read squat. If you did you would see you're wrong like the demonrats. Their assessment got 4 Pinnochios from the major newspapers.

drbrumley

You nor the demonrats have read squat. If you did you would see you're wrong like the demonrats. Their assessment got 4 Pinnochios from the major newspapers.
Question, is Trump, along with his tax cut proposals also proposing cutting spending? If so, can you link to It? Please.

drbrumley

Reduce the number of tax brackets: good
Broaden the tax bracket income ranges: good
Retain the 39.6 top rate: very bad
Eliminate the alternative minimum tax: very good
Retain refundable tax credits: very bad
Increased the standard deduction: good
Eliminate the personal exemption: bad
Retain the Net Investment Income Tax: very bad
Retain the Obamacare individual mandate tax: very bad
Expand the Child Tax Credit: good
Increase the child credit phase-out threshold: good
Eliminate deductions for student loan interest and moving expenses: bad
Eliminate itemized deductions for medical expenses and taxes paid: bad
Eliminate the adoption credit: bad
Cap the property tax deduction: bad
Add a new $300 credit: good
Phase out the new $300 credit after five years: bad
Double the estate tax exemption amount: good
Phase-out the estate tax: very good
Limit the home mortgage interest deduction: bad
Retain the charitable deduction: good
Impose a 6 percent surcharge on millionaires: very bad

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Question, is Trump, along with his tax cut proposals also proposing cutting spending? If so, can you link to It? Please.

Well, I doubt that Trump created this tax plan and it's still up for changes but does anybody really care about the national debt? Does everybody care about the debt now with Trump when nobody said a peep under Obama's massive 11 trillion addition?

"If you borrow ten thousand from a bank, you have a problem. If you borrow a billion from a bank, they have a problem."

WizardofOz

Well, I doubt that Trump created this tax plan and it's still up for changes but does anybody really care about the national debt?

Yes

Does everybody care about the debt now with Trump when nobody said a peep under Obama's massive 11 trillion addition?

"If you borrow ten thousand from a bank, you have a problem. If you borrow a billion from a bank, they have a problem."

@drbrumley has been talking about deficits more than 8 years before you made your first TOL post.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I I I I I I nevermind. Just wow

My origanal point was that the democrats are lying about the taxes as they did with Reagan, more than eight years before you ever expressed concern for the debt on TOL. I haven't analyzed the tax plan, maybe you have time to do that. You brought up spending cuts and basically ignored my post. So, nevermind. Just wow

drbrumley

I expected that.....you don't have the 1st clue on how this economy works..

You haven't looked at the plan, so in reality you have no idea if it's good or not, yet you will support it any any cost, because Why? Trump. Trump is dumber than a box of rocks on this issue..Reagan was dumber than a box of rocks on this issue, Obama was dumber than a box of rocks on this issue

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

You haven't looked at the plan, so in reality you have no idea if it's good or not, yet you will support it any any cost, because Why? Trump. Trump is dumber than a box of rocks on this issue..Reagan was dumber than a box of rocks on this issue, Obama was dumber than a box of rocks on this issue

Not everybody is against both parties like you, btw, are you really a Doctor? You know the economy and how it works? You must be a millionaire. I would say that I know as much or more about the economy and how it works as the average American. I've heard quite a bit from MISES, Ron Paul and other economic schools of thought. I also know enough about this tax plan to see and hear the democrats lying about it. Tell me how you would solve the debt and structure taxes, genius

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Are the democrats lying about this tax plan or not? I think you're all fired up to talk about the economy and the debt, spending cuts and the pros and cons of this plan but I'm not today. Was my first post today to you? No, but you jump right to spending cuts and ask me for a link.

Since you like changing the subject, let's hear your ideas for better taxes.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You nor the demonrats have read squat. If you did you would see you're wrong like the demonrats.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by patrick jane
I haven't analyzed the tax plan, maybe you have time to do that
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by patrick jane

I also know enough about this tax plan to see and hear the democrats lying about it.
You're just a **** disturber as far as I'm concerned, always taking peoples' words out of context. Analyze is different than knowing something about it. I know what honest sources say about it, my point to begin with. Grow up, stop watching Wizard Of Oz.