Trump Says He 'Needs God Even More' as President (Who can argue with that?)

DavidK

Interesting.

It looks like they didn't weigh preparation cost into that study. I wonder how that might change the results.

One thing I've found about eating healthy is that it takes a lot more time in the form of meal preparation. Unless you're an all-raw kinda health person, I suppose. Junk food has a lot of prep folded into its cost, compared to the healthy ingredients described in the article, like beans, veggies.

A time-strapped parent/minimum wage worker opts for junk food and fast food to deal with that time. A time-strapped wealthy person has the option of healthier restaurants, meal delivery, or even hiring a cook at the high end of wealthy.

Not trying to advocate against the study in the article, just musing about how including prep time might shift the findings.

DavidK

More than everyone else?

Stands to reason, doesn't it?

If your margin of comfort is very thin... you're spending all of your wages on food, housing, utilities, then a stagnant income in relation to inflation means you don't have room to adjust.

If you are middle class and have more luxuries, you can cut back to cheaper internet, take a more modest vacation, downgrade your cable service, eat out less frequently, and still have enough for the necessities.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I appreciate your sobriety.

Unlike you, a lot of the church is drunk with the idea of "winning" and happy to exuberantly support anyone who looks and sounds vaguely Christian.

God can bring about His will with anyone, including unbelievers. I pray that President Trump hears the true Gospel and becomes a member of "The Body of Christ." Vice President Pence is a Christian, perhaps, he'll be the one to share the Gospel with OUR President?

glassjester

Stands to reason, doesn't it?

If your margin of comfort is very thin... you're spending all of your wages on food, housing, utilities, then a stagnant income in relation to inflation means you don't have room to adjust.

If you are middle class and have more luxuries, you can cut back to cheaper internet, take a more modest vacation, downgrade your cable service, eat out less frequently, and still have enough for the necessities.

To clarify, have the incomes of the lowest wage-earners stagnated more so than the incomes of higher wage-earners?

glassjester

Interesting.

It looks like they didn't weigh preparation cost into that study. I wonder how that might change the results.

One thing I've found about eating healthy is that it takes a lot more time in the form of meal preparation. Unless you're an all-raw kinda health person, I suppose. Junk food has a lot of prep folded into its cost, compared to the healthy ingredients described in the article, like beans, veggies.

A time-strapped parent/minimum wage worker opts for junk food and fast food to deal with that time. A time-strapped wealthy person has the option of healthier restaurants, meal delivery, or even hiring a cook at the high end of wealthy.

Not trying to advocate against the study in the article, just musing about how including prep time might shift the findings.

Fruit has zero prep time and zero prep cost.
Peanuts, raisins, and any bite-sized veggies - again, zero prep time, zero prep cost.

It takes just about as long to scramble some eggs, as it does to pour cereal and milk into a bowl (ok, maybe 2 minutes longer for the eggs).

All of that stuff takes care of breakfast and lunch for the day.

And who can't spare 15 - 20 minutes in the evening to microwave some frozen vegetables and throw some pork chops on the stove?

You'd spend less time cooking dinner, than the time waiting in line at McDonalds.

Just saying - it's not that hard to eat healthy.

Danoh

you're right - they're not standing around

they're curled up in little balls, sobbing inconsolably :)

On Tweeter - about important matters of National Security like who "could have won the Popular vote" of an election already over; and about matters of great economic issue Nationally, like Schwarzenegger's "Apprentice" ratings and a corrupt to the core Billionaire's poor little rich girl's "not fair" mistreatment by Nordstrum, ad infinitum :chuckle:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
stop focusing on his retarded tweets and find something to start the impeachment

the country is waiting!