Trump IMMEDIATELY Backpedals On Wall And More…

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Fool, you will see Trump keep all of his promises, just watch

I hear President Trump is gonna appoint Trey Gowdy as Attorney General. He's an EXCELLENT choice! Tune into YouTube and watch Trey do his thing. He's honest, he's intelligent, he knows the ins and outs of government and he goes after the "Bad Guys" like a Pitbull.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Maybe partially that. Or maybe it's that during a campaign you over-promise and then when it gets real you tone things down and get more practical. Frankly, Trump back-pedaling on some issues is something I'm hoping for.

President Trump will do what he says he'll do!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
This is going to be fascinating to watch if Trump fails to keep most of his major campaign promises....

Build a wall and make Mexico pay for it? Well....maybe a fence that we pay for 100%.

Repeal Obamacare? Maybe "amend" is a better approach.

I had heard about the ACA stuff earlier. He now thinks that 2 major parts of the ACA should stay: ban on denying coverage for pre-existing conditions and allowing kids to stay on their parents' plan. I suppose he could technically repeal Obama care but re-institute the parts he wants to keep.

Now the wall/fence in this thread.

Danoah mentioned the South Korea thing earlier.

Anything else?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I want the wall. If he doesn't build The Great Wall of America, I will be royally angry, as, I am sure, many of his supporters will be. I don't want a fence. I want a wall so high that it touches the clouds. I want a wall so high that not even a single Mexican could possibly climb it.

what if they fly to canada and walk across the border there?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Trump is modifying one promise after another of his campaign promises.

He was either that clueless about the feasibility of actually pulling off his various promises, or simply lied.

Either way, he is looking bad.

Here is another among others being widely reported by Press from all sides.

http://www.vox.com/world/2016/11/10/13585524/donald-trump-phone-call-south-korea-park-geun-hye

At the same time, perhaps he is coming to his senses...we will just have to wait and see for a time.

I remain hopeful for now.

At the same time, well aware that not one individual on these threads who has typically and one-sidedly supported Trump's candicacy and or Presidency is obviously worth listening to for what's what.

Not a one of them has proven objective in any way, shape, or form on these issues.

Same old, same old with them all, on any and all subjects, anywhere on TOL :chuckle:

You do know that vox is an extremist liberal rag mag?

Arthur Brain

Chances are he'll backpedal on a lot more than this when he's in office. Well, at least during the week anyway. On weekends he seems to want to go back 'home' to Trump Towers...

Danoh

You do know that vox is an extremist liberal rag mag?

Yours is a valid concern.

At the same time, as the Apostle noted in his agreement on one point with a pagan source it is obvious he did not often agree with - "this witness is true."

It's called being objective.

Something very few on here never appear to be.

Again, yours is a valid concern; I hope my above has adequately addressed it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Chances are he'll backpedal on a lot more than this when he's in office. Well, at least during the week anyway. On weekends he seems to want to go back 'home' to Trump Towers...

yeah, so lets run him off before hes in office, because obama, and heck all presidents have kept all their campaign promises - right?

Doesnt obama run anywhere to play golf - thats so wrong, right?

Why shouldnt trump go home, his home isnt the white house yet.