Trump Has A Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Maybe so, but it's pretty apparent that one major event swayed the election more than any other. And it has nothing to do with policy or ads or anything else.

I remember the day that announcement happened, the news media went bananas. Everyone assumed that the announcement MEANT something really bad. In the end it didn't but by the time the reversal happened, people had already gotten the Hillary is corrupt message with virtual certainty. Now we get the fun of having an *actually* corrupt president. :doh:

The Comey effect.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
President-Elect Trump has chosen a Christian as his Vice-President. His Vice will have an influence on Trump and perhaps someday Trump will come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. It's best to not judge so quickly. After all, Trump being chosen is the will of God. Romans 13:1 "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
President-Elect Trump has chosen a Christian as his Vice-President. His Vice will have an influence on Trump and perhaps someday Trump will come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. It's best to not judge so quickly. After all, Trump being chosen is the will of God. Romans 13:1 "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."

Somehow if Clinton were elected I don't think you'd be quoting the same Bible verse.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Not all of them are but Trump isn't, by his own admission. The Republican Party is more relevant to you than 1 Corinthians... or "One Corinthians," as Trump would say since no one reads the Bible more than him.

I'm happy to hear Trump reads the Bible. The Holy Spirit has a way of speaking to him, that way. Before you considered being a Christian, what if all Churches and Christians would have judged you "UNFIT" to hear the Gospel?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
would she have chosen pence for her veep?

nope, she picked kaine, a non-Christian

If Clinton was chosen, that would have been the will of God too, then. What about Obama? Will of God, right?

So - regarding Clinton and Obama - anyone around here quoting that Bible verse about being subject unto the powers ordained by God?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If Clinton was chosen, that would have been the will of God too, then. What about Obama? Will of God, right?

So - regarding Clinton and Obama - anyone around here quoting that Bible verse about being subject unto the powers ordained by God?

and who that opposed obama rejected him as president?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Since it's God's will that Trump be the President of our country, we must respect the office and the will of God who has chosen him. We may not agree with everything a leader stands for however, it behooves us as believers to accept his leadership and not start fires, break windows, beat people in the streets, and burn the American flag. These are liberal answers to the situation.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Many reject him ideologically, that's no secret. But who around here quoted Bible verses about being subject to him because his presidency was the will of God? Anyone?

not that i know of

imo, we all knew we were subject to his authority

dint like it :idunno:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Trump doesn't have a mandate but I'm glad he will be President. I can't wait to see the Democrats become anti-war and start talking about the Constitution again, and for the Republicans to love stimulus spending and welfare programs. It'll be funny to watch the parties defend switching all of their positions based on a handful of people that actually showed up to vote for either of these scumbags.

Like it or not, you have to accept it.

Alate_One

You have NO discernment. Hillary is just plain EVIL, my Athiest friend. I use the word friend, loosely.
Again, you call everyone that disagrees with you an atheist. You do know I'm a Christian, right?

If anything Trump is an anti-Christ, my deluded friend. He is against everything Christ stands for. He believes riches are the way to heaven and the rich are better than ordinary people. That's why he's appointing billionaires to his cabinet. He makes fun of the weak and oppressed and gives virtually nothing to charity from his wealth.

And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus said to them again, “Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! 25It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Again, you call everyone that disagrees with you an atheist. You do know I'm a Christian, right?

If anything Trump is an anti-Christ, my deluded friend. He is against everything Christ stands for. He believes riches are the way to heaven and the rich are better than ordinary people. That's why he's appointing billionaires to his cabinet. He makes fun of the weak and oppressed and gives virtually nothing to charity from his wealth.

And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus said to them again, “Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! 25It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

Do you have a Testimony of how and why you're a Christian? I see that you rather enjoy the "Art of Exaggeration."

Status
Not open for further replies.