ECT True or False question (Billy Graham)

True or False question (Billy Graham)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Originally Posted by DAN P View Post

Hi , tell us the WAY to salvation with verses , please ??

dan p
Ok, here it is:

Luke 10:25-37 New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Good Samaritan

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

I bumped for [MENTION=17606]Derf[/MENTION].

heir

TOL Subscriber
"I have one message: that Jesus Christ came, he died on a cross, he rose again, and he asked us to repent of our sins and receive him by faith as Lord and Savior, and if we do, we have forgiveness of all of our sins." —Billy Graham https://t.co/LqbepCmHHZ

— Billy Graham

The Lord did not ask us to "repent of our sins and receive Him by faith as Lord and Savior" in order to be forgiven. Why don't people get it?! Through Jesus Christ IS PREACHED the forgiveness of sins (Acts 13:38 KJV); that Christ died for our sins, and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) was the forgiveness of sins taking place! It isn't whether or not we believe it, repenting of something, walking the isle, turning over a new leaf or anything else men can come up with in their deceptive heart. Forgiveness happened by the cross and God raising Christ from the dead whether or not a person believes it (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV). And before anyone here accuses me of being some sort of "universalist", let me just put that to rest. I am not. Every person in the dispensation of the grace of God must believe the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) in order to be saved and sealed (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). The cross (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV)/the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV no longer to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but a due time gospel of the grace of God to all men 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). It is by grace we are saved through faith; and that not of ourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). It is then, that the righteousness of God (the requirement for heaven) can be put to your account (Romans 3:21-22 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV)!

Last edited:

andyc

"I have one message: that Jesus Christ came, he died on a cross, he rose again, and he asked us to repent of our sins and receive him by faith as Lord and Savior, and if we do, we have forgiveness of all of our sins." —Billy Graham https://t.co/LqbepCmHHZ

— Billy Graham

The Lord did not ask us to "repent of our sins and receive Him by faith as Lord and Savior" in order to be forgiven. Why don't people get it?! Through Jesus Christ IS PREACHED the forgiveness of sins (Acts 13:28 KJV); that Christ died for our sins, and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) was the forgiveness of sins taking place! It isn't whether or not we believe it, repenting of something, walking the isle, turning over a new leaf or anything else men can come up with in their deceptive heart. Forgiveness happened by the cross and God raising Christ from the dead whether or not a person believes it (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV). And before anyone here accuses me of being some sort of "universalist", let me just put that to rest. I am not. Every person in the dispensation of the grace of God must believe the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) in order to be saved and sealed (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). The cross (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV)/the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV no longer to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but a due time gospel of the grace of God to all men 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). It is by grace we are saved through faith; and that not of ourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). It is then, that the righteousness of God (the requirement for heaven) can be put to your account (Romans 3:21-22 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV)!

Acts 26:17-18 ‘I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, ‘to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

John 3:19 "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

The sins of the flesh are the works of darkness. If people prefer darkness to light when the two are contrasted through the knowledge of God's righteousness, then it is because they are reluctant to let go of the pleasures of sin. It's that simple.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Acts 26:17-18 ‘I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, ‘to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

John 3:19 "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

The sins of the flesh are the works of darkness. If people prefer darkness to light when the two are contrasted through the knowledge of God's righteousness, then it is because they are reluctant to let go of the pleasures of sin. It's that simple.
We are in the but now where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; (Romans 3:21 KJV)

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Trust the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV as the only means of salvation or remain religious, but lost and ultimately perish 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 KJV.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Bible has other words for sorrow....godly sorrow (which leads to repentance/turning toward God), or sorrow of the world (like Judas).

2 Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.​

So it depends on how it's used. In the old classics, repent means to change your mind about anything. 'I was going to the market, but repented and went to the play instead.' In the military, repent means "about face". You're going in one direction, and you turn and go in the opposite direction. You could say you regretted your first plan, which would explain your need to change your mind and go the other direction. ;)

When God commands all men to repent, it means we are to turn to God....from unbelief to belief.

Repentance TOWARD GOD has nothing to do with sin. Repentance unto life....same way.

Amen.

musterion

Ah. Then I'm sorry for getting the wrong point. Maybe you can help me to understand.

You mean like this:

You're still not getting it.

Look a few posts up, at #64 by Heir. Maybe that'll help.

If it's not a condition of salvation, then why bother stopping?

To ask that question, you show that you're lost.

And what did Paul mean when he said:

[1Co 6:9-11 KJV] 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

I believe Paul was speaking to and about believers there, not unbelievers. It's a warning for believers to walk worthy.

1) it goes without saying that the lost stand to inherit nothing except wrath, indignation and the Lake of Fire. It would be nonsensical for Paul to repeatedly point out that unbelievers will not inherit the Kingdom; they're not in Christ so it goes without saying. He was making a different point, which I believe is...

2) ...there's a difference between INHABITING the Kingdom, which Paul says all believers already do in Christ (Col 1:13), and INHERITING the Kingdom, which according to this verse and others can be forfeited. The complete forgiveness of sins and total justification from all things cannot be forfeited, though, so the passage you cite isn't about a salvation issue. If it is, Paul contradicts himself many times and the Bible is worthless.

musterion

If someone is told they need to repent and believe the saving Gospel (with "repent" clearly meaning "change their minds" about what Christ did for them), then yes, repentance is required for salvation BUT BELIEVING THE GOSPEL OF GRACE IS REPENTING, not something else in addition to faith. When they believe it, they HAVE repented. So when the Gospel is correctly preached and someone is receptive to it, the word "repent" really doesn't even need to be used.

But if someone is told that they have to repent (stop sinning)/confess sins/make Jesus Lord of their life/whatever in conjunction with believing Christ died for their sins, was buried, and rose again the third day for their justification, then there's no two ways about it: they are being instructed that there's something THEY need to do in addition to what CHRIST did to help God save them. It says Christ did MOST of the work of salvation, but not quite ALL of it and they won't be saved if they don't do their part too.

Whatever form that takes, it equals work and it's a false gospel.

jaybird

— Billy Graham

i wouldnt call it true or false, i would say there is more to it than that. i think to many people want the bible to be an everyday text book that we can take a chapter and make a quick easy checklist.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
How many "sins" do you think are done un-willfully? Usually, we KNOW when we've chosen to do something wrong, don't you think?

Christianity is all about following God's moral law.

One of Jesus' mission for His Father was teachings us how to love God and love one another.

Jesus was sinless, pure, merciful, righteous and all those godly stuff.

It is very hard to keep all of them because Jesus wants all His followers to be like Him.

But He says with God anything is possible, meaning if we do our best to live sinless life, God is merciful, so He will wipe away all our unrighteousness.

Jesus says so many ways that if we don't produce fruit we will not inherit God's kingdom or eternal life.

these are all my contextual reasoning.

Remember this: "love God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind".

blessings.

Derf

If it was a condition to stop then no one has met that condition because no one has stopped and thus no one is saved.

You still have death to look forward to, don't you? Thus you aren't totally saved yet, are you? Our salvation from death is a promise. We can trust that promise, but we shouldn't presume upon that promise. He WILL raise us from the dead! But what are we to do in the meantime? Sin like we did before? "God forbid!" (Rom 6:1-2)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You still have death to look forward to, don't you? Thus you aren't totally saved yet, are you? Our salvation from death is a promise. We can trust that promise, but we shouldn't presume upon that promise. He WILL raise us from the dead! But what are we to do in the meantime? Sin like we did before? "God forbid!" (Rom 6:1-2)

thank you Derf:)

glorydaz

Christianity is all about following God's moral law.

One of Jesus' mission for His Father was teachings us how to love God and love one another.

Jesus was sinless, pure, merciful, righteous and all those godly stuff.

It is very hard to keep all of them because Jesus wants all His followers to be like Him.

But He says with God anything is possible, meaning if we do our best to live sinless life, God is merciful, so He will wipe away all our unrighteousness.

Jesus says so many ways that if we don't produce fruit we will not inherit God's kingdom or eternal life.

these are all my contextual reasoning.

Remember this: "love God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind".

blessings.

Who wrote this post for you, Meshak? Don't you feel a bit sneaky?