Toxicity

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I didn't say anything of the kind. It's his "let's lay every problem known to mankind at the feet of women" agenda.

I think the earliest I remember is his tag-teaming it with skybringr:

Your lot are one to talk. Where one goes, the other's follow. And as soon as feminism is brought up..

..yeah..

:angrymob:

All you gotta do is wait for your backup to arrive :chuckle:

:ha: true, that.

And what gets me the most about feminism is, they have a right to smear men, play the victim card, and there aren't enough men willing to turn it back on them. Not all men are so crazy about women (nor are we gay because of it) and it gives us the freedom to be bored with them, with any sexual power they may think they have (I had superior at home, so didn't need any riff-raff) , and the freedom to speak the truth. If more would do it, feminism would go hurtling down into nothing. Guaranteed.It is men who keep the whole thing going, and fuel its power.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I guess that I figured as many years as I have been on this forum and as many times as I have answered it, you should know.

you should answer the question every time you get a chance
if
you are comfortable with your answer

GFR7

sometimes I will ask a question to make sure others know what your answer is
if
I think it has bearing on the discussion
I think it has bearing, with regard to those who support same sex marriage on a theology thread.

I believe in equality of persons and equity philosophy of all kind - however; I do not think gender feminism or same sex marriage fit into a Christian purview: One cannot serve God and Mammon, both (ie, secular culture).

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
secular culture
By secular culture, same sex marriage is legal in places.
Abortion is legal.
Adultery is legal.

If one is going to live by secular culture, are they to leave their Christianity at the door?

I would not do or approve of those things even though they are legal.
And some things that are illegal, I would do. Speeding comes to mind.

But again, if one adheres to OSAS, I could do any of the above and it would not hinder my position in Christ.

As I understood your OP, I perceived it was about secular rule, not Christian rule.
Christian rule would be that no fornication at all took place.
Secular rule says it's legal to fornicate.

So, the secular question is:
How should one determine if a RAPE actually occurred, or it was a bogus complaint?

Any complaint must be investigated.

So, how would propose to find out whether the complaint was bogus or not?
What criteria would you suggest to determine the answer?

My answer would be that since you don't have a crystal ball for such things, the only determining factors would have to be assumptions based on the words and behavior of both parties.
Will some mistakes be made as to the result?
Most likely.
Until a full-proof system comes about, we are left with making a decision based on assumptions. And which assumption better fits the situation at hand is going to win.

And while I totally agree that if secular culture wants to make men and women equal, then one cannot use the drunk defense if the other can't.

But I will also add that the secular culture is not the culture that I approve of.
I don't think trying to make men and women equal is even possible for the sheer fact that they are not equal.

GFR7

By secular culture, same sex marriage is legal in places.
Abortion is legal.
Adultery is legal.

If one is going to live by secular culture, are they to leave their Christianity at the door?

I would not do or approve of those things even though they are legal.
And some things that are illegal, I would do. Speeding comes to mind.

But again, if one adheres to OSAS, I could do any of the above and it would not hinder my position in Christ.

As I understood your OP, I perceived it was about secular rule, not Christian rule.
Christian rule would be that no fornication at all took place.
Secular rule says it's legal to fornicate.

So, the secular question is:
How should one determine if a RAPE actually occurred, or it was a bogus complaint?

Any complaint must be investigated.

So, how would propose to find out whether the complaint was bogus or not?
What criteria would you suggest to determine the answer?

My answer would be that since you don't have a crystal ball for such things, the only determining factors would have to be assumptions based on the words and behavior of both parties.
Will some mistakes be made as to the result?
Most likely.
Until a full-proof system comes about, we are left with making a decision based on assumptions. And which assumption better fits the situation at hand is going to win.

And while I totally agree that if secular culture wants to make men and women equal, then one cannot use the drunk defense if the other can't.

But I will also add that the secular culture is not the culture that I approve of.
I don't think trying to make men and women equal is even possible for the sheer fact that they are not equal.
The feminist culture demands that absolute equality be recognized.

I sympathize with many of your thoughts.

But I don't know what OSAS is?

Levolor

Accepting isn't always the same as believing, it depends on what you're talking about.

As to the first question, I know what the Church teaches. I don't know that I agree with it.

Hi anna, :)

It's a rare thing for me to get involved in a conversation about homosexuality and SSM, but I thought I'd chime in here about what the Church teaches.

It seems to me that much of what the Church teaches comes from Judaism, tempered by Christ and St. Paul. So, not surprisingly homosexuality and all that goes with it is just wrong. period. But, :)

But, I think what is not known is one of the reasons that this is considered to be wrong. The Jews are amazing record keepers, and they have seen through time that those societies who have had accepted homosexuality legally, have been destroyed shortly thereafter.

To keep one's society strong, homosexuality had to be unacceptable.

This, this is the only reason that I think that SSM is not a good idea. YMMV

Sometimes knowing the 'why' behind the teachings help.

God bless.

GFR7

Tambora said:
Then they can only be allowed to use the same excuses a man can use.
If a man can't use the drunk excuse, then neither can women.
This is intelligent thinking.

Most welcome. :e4e:

Once saved always saved.
Hmmm. Well, yes. But would this include murder or acts of pedophilia? I'm saved, so I can molest a child without losing grace? Not being snarky, really wondering.....

GFR7

Levolor said:
It seems to me that much of what the Church teaches comes from Judaism, tempered by Christ and St. Paul. So, not surprisingly homosexuality and all that goes with it is just wrong. period. But, :)

But, I think what is not known is one of the reasons that this is considered to be wrong. The Jews are amazing record keepers, and they have seen through time that those societies who have had accepted homosexuality legally, have been destroyed shortly thereafter.

To keep one's society strong, homosexuality had to be unacceptable.

This, this is the only reason that I think that SSM is not a good idea. YMMV

God bless.
I agree with you RE the Jews - but they will argue that SSM makes marriage and society stronger, not weaker.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hmmm. Well, yes. But would this include murder or acts of pedophilia? I'm saved, so I can molest a child without losing grace? Not being snarky, really wondering.....
Yes, you can without losing your promised eternal life (for the simple fact that it is eternal).
If it was on again off again, it wouldn't be eternal.
And one's salvation does not depend on their ability to stop sinning.
If it did, no one could be saved because none have ever quit sinning in their flesh body.

GFR7

Yes, you can without losing your promised eternal life (for the simple fact that it is eternal).
If it was on again off again, it wouldn't be eternal.
And one's salvation does not depend on their ability to stop sinning.
If it did, no one could be saved because none have ever quit sinning in their flesh body.
OK. Laws and punishment are for this world, I guess. :think: