Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No. I'm wondering why my "if looks could kill" death ray malfunctioned.
Games without frontiers? :)

I'd puzzle it harder but I'm still working on the menu for my Literary Bar.

Currently working on The Jane Austin: ____ and Orange Juice

It'll come to me. :think: And of course I already have:

London Jack
Tequila Mockingbird
Old Forester Goroit
Canterbury Ales
Huckleberry Gin
The Old Man and the Seagrams
To Have and Have Schnapps
Old Rebel Yeller
Rip Van Ripple (for those on a budget)
The Neat Gatsby
Jane Rye
Goodnight Moonshine
A Pitcher of Dorian's Gray
Gimlet (for fans of the Bard)

resodko

BANNED
Banned
oh, never mind

here he comes now

Woman-Carrying-A-Pitcher-On-Her-Head.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A momentary pause for...

The Saturday Afternoon Gazette

On Lynch, Sherman and why I find it hard to root for Ars's Seahawks...
...The Hawks, otoh, and men playing a boy's game as boys, filled with love and joy and loyalty and self-sacrifice... And Lynch is winning his argument with Big Business NFL owners trying to push him around... Smart guy... And a VERY GOOD GUY in my book...
He's a guy who doesn't respect his obligations or carry himself as a professional on or off the field while being the first to market his paper thin, faux rebel song and dance, transmogrified into a suddenly loquacious corporate shill for a buck... :plain: Yeah, he's peachy.

And Sherman...lots of angry self promotion in victory. Nowhere to be seen in defeat. Strike two.

If it wasn't for your qb and your coach you'd be the Raiders a few decades back.

And...
...Who plays, in your opinion, with more JOY? New England, who wants to break arms to win?
You do realize that was an ex Seahawk Brandon Browner who made that comment...
Well, he does now.

Answered an attempt to mislead in bybee's thread...
...town puts the laws of man over the Law of God
No, I don't. But I don't believe in a theocracy absent the literal Christ at its head. So I favor people being left to their own conscience unless and until their exercise of right interferes with the next guy's.

when asked if he would vote against gay marriage in alabama, he replied "no"
I don't believe in legal right by mob rule. That same principle defends Catholic against a hostile Protestant majority, or Methodist from Baptist and on and on.

Noted Tet's tendency with all things Peyton...
Yeah I know, you're making my point.

For example, in 2005 Peyton Manning had a team that had Edgerrin James, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Dwight Freeney on it. The team had 8 Pro-Bowler's on it.

Despite starting the season 13-0, having the #1 seed, and a home playoff game........ Peyton still managed to somehow do a "one-and-done".
It's even more amazing how he managed that with a td, no ints, 290 yds and a quarterback rating of over 90 (which is really, really good). :rolleyes:

While over in the USA/terrorists thread (seriously)...
yeh, i know, we don't believe in forcing our religion on anyone, but...when they get taken to Gitmo, they should...be allowed to have only ONE thing for reading material: the Bible..
I guess you can work that one out among yourself. :plain:

And...
those who accuse others of being racist w/o any evidence are the ones focused on race... which makes THEM the racists
That's not actually how it works. They might be myopically focused and jaded and even just plain ol mistaken. Racists are rarely concerned with other racists. The more the merrier to them and proving again that ignorance is bliss. Lastly though, very few people who hold a strong opinion believe they lack evidence for it.

me thinks they protest too much
She said, protesting who knows how many times against any number of things without the least glint of seeing the irony inherent.

Chatted with AB in his thread about FS's interest in being here (the Gazette)...
Firstly, why on earth would you want to go to such a nefariously diverting place?
Well, if she's here I'd say for the novelty?

Let's keep it dull and ordinary, like here. :)
Watercress sandwiches anyone? I have a whole plate of them and warm Tang to wash it down.

Then no one in particular said...
Why would anyone want to be featured in the gazette?
Why would someone who thought that have 117 posts and the fourth highest total?

It's a mystery. :rolleyes: Enjoy the Tang.

And...
Oh wait .... you wouldn't, would you? I mean how could you?
I have no idea what you're talking about, which is as close to understanding you as I ever hope to come. :plain:

Leading FS to speculate...
It appears that I'm no longer the center of attention. :plain:
It's all in the edit. :plain:

Back in her latest thread bybee was taking on a powerful pluralist...
I don't know who "Us" is but I do know who "I" am! I use caution when daring to speak for others. You tend to tar with a very broad brush.
Okay, here we completely agree. The only "we" people I trust are imaginary and spelled differently. :eek: It always feels like a play for unearned authority when anyone speaks for more than their own understanding, unless they've been elected or they're summing a common and self evident complaint (which seems a bit redundant).

And on a completely unrelated note:
...Talk is cheap.
So is salt, but try living without it. :eek:

Tomorrow? Snipers, breakfast, Cervantes and balls. :idunno:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where's my sweet tea, and IMJ's mint julep?

We're waiting daintily in the gazebo.

IMJerusha

That's better. Now, where's my mint julep and my magazine?
I'm not sure I can get used to this frufru dress! That bloomin' flower is in my way and my right hand is used to holding a pie so I'll have to just hold onto my skirt.

IMJerusha

Can someone open this jelly jar?

Fiddledeedee! Aren't you worried about getting it on that absolutely gorgeous gown you're wearin'? My stars, I simply must have one like it. Wherever did you purchase it? By the by, have you noticed how the proprietor here keeps poor staff on hand? Tambora and I have been waiting for our sweet tea and mint julep ever so long! And then there's the matter of my magazine. I declare, the service around here is just not what it once was!