Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
on Politics

After noting the historic fall of Trump's popularity below the 50% approval rating in a scant eight days...
A new Quinnipiac poll released last week shows more American voters support President Trump's executive order to temporarily suspend immigration from several Middle Eastern and North African countries.
Man, when you really think about that it's, well, unrelated. :plain:

Like someone saying, "Hey, most of us on the block want Bill to move!" and another guy says, "Yeah, well most of us like his dog."

By a margin of 48 percent to 42 percent, voters supported "suspending immigration from terror prone regions, even if it means turning away refugees."
Meaning that if the remaining 10 percent wake up we can look more like our ideas and less like irrationally frightened people willing to make Franklin roll in his grave.

Something doesn't quite match here
Right. That something is your thinking, given 48% of the people could love him and that would still leave a popularity rating under 50%.

While elsewhere, Cruc was busy extending alternative facts to include the definitional...
There's no such thing as poverty in America, unless they are the homeless. I refuse to go by what the 1st World calls 'poverty'- how many ways can a society make itself look spoiled
Once you reserve the right to declare reality and refuse its recognition, whatever follows is unintelligible. I cannot rely on what I read to inform me of your meaning.

Poverty is a difficult word to define, and your Websters probably has the worst definition there is to it.
My Webster's? I don't even own stock, though I put a good bit of stock in it, as should anyone who speaks the language.

Poverty is much better defined as 'a condition in which the basic needs of food, clothing, and shelter are not met'. But, it can also include illness, no income, no education, and so on.
Rather, poverty can cover a poetic range, including spirit, but the inability to provide subsistence is the ground floor for assistance in terms of the subject at hand that I spoke to, public charity.

:chuckle: You're all fools
But who can know what you mean or if you even do?

And on hiding behind walls, one way or another...
...perhaps you haven't considered that not all the founding fathers agreed on all matters.
I not only consider it, I've noted it often enough in relation to the slave trade. But the feelings of those men don't alter the underlying truth of the matter I noted a moment ago, that we are a nation of immigrants, enlivened, expanded and founded by them. Closing ranks in fear of the other is beneath us.

On Franklin's security/liberty quote...
Franklin was not referring to the loss of liberty of non citizens.
He declared a principle, one that is applicable to the moment. And I wed that application to a foundational truth, that we are a nation founded on the thing so many have chosen to hold in contempt or fear.

No citizen has lost any liberty in the issuing of the executive orders.
We hold these truths self-evident, that the citizens of our land are endowed...no, wait, that's not how it goes, is it.

Noted with some disappointment the ongoing nature of zealots in triumph...
I am truly sorry for many of my friends on the right...some people just aren't happy unless they're miserable and making others like them. Give them power and they want compliance. Give them compliance and they want agreement. Give them agreement and they want to be loved for it. One need following another until the impossible is reached and they can begin the war that resembles in their distortions, love.

And that Dick Cheney had actually weighed in on the "Musilm ban" question...
This Just In:

Dick Cheney says Trump's action, "goes against everything we stand for and believe in."

Do you realize how off base you have to be for Dick Cheney to side with the left? :plain:

Considered a question from my son...
Tonight as my son was falling asleep he asked, "Why do people talk and cats meow?"

It's a fair question.

I told him, "Because people have to learn to tell the truth."

While in the war on personal responsibility, the unconscientious deflectors were up in arms (like schizophrenics again, apparently and way to go Congress)...
That's not quite what he's doing there though. He's [Trump] ridiculing the system. While he was running to be in charge of it.
If you want to turn him into a dry satirist I can't stop you framing it in the way to best shield him from his own rhetoric, but there's little in his rhetorical practice over the years to shore that up... I think he says whatever he thinks in the moment and given the moment whatever he thinks may not be the same thing as another moment. I suspect he feels and hunches his way through a lot of it and that can be okay for an investor who bears the consequence of a wrong call, but is less desirable in a president who passes the fruit of his errors to the people with their fingers crossed.

And on criticism relating to a recent military action...
I had no idea POTUS was in hands on control of the nuts and bolts of every operation.
Don't they have people in the Military in charge of Military stuff?
He gets the briefing and makes the call...just out of personal curiosity, at some point is Trump going to be responsible for what he says or does or will that personal attachment only find him if a thing works out? :plain:

And after some complained about a dour photo of Bannon on Time, I met the question different media treatment with...
Let's look at the preeminent conservative magazine for a bit of illumination on mature treatment:
View attachment 25248 View attachment 25249 View attachment 25250 View attachment 25251 View attachment 25255

Just a few and he's the actual president then, not a cabinet appointee. I'm sure they mostly passed on the lower down the totem pole sort...

View attachment 25252 View attachment 25253 View attachment 25254

Well, I'm sure they were as juvenile and hard on their own.

View attachment 25256

Or maybe not. :plain:

Tomorrow? Alt Facts, political hacks and somebody cries "Hitler!" :noid: Okay, so that was me, but wait and see if you don't argree.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
on Comix

Talked consequence and the Alt White with CS...
..., neo nazis and white nationalists are labels without meaning.
Only if you were educated by wolves. In which case the appropriate term is "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrooooowwwwwwrrrrr." :plain:

jb made an observation...
It's so ironic that the Obama presidency which began with a Nobel Peace Prize ended with a plan to arm the Kurds to the teeth so that they can conquer and release an Isis stronghold in the worn torn Syria.
Not as ironic as sending a rich, old white guy to shake up the system, but it's close.

Then, in seemingly any thread these days...
All the cuckservatives can hate Trump all they want
Waay too narrow a gate there, captain, but awfully Alt White of you to say so. :eek:

- it makes our job easier and exposes them
Oh, great. Another guy at TOL looking for work. :mmph:

...just....more....
A democracy isn't defined as 51/50 majority rule- a democracy defines it's rules on what is fair.
Guess how it does that. :plain:

And...
Are you really prepared to say they dictated that by a rigid 51/49 vote?
The easy rebuttal is, "Oh NOW you're comfortable with a minority telling you what to do." :eek:

So in lieu of argument...
Town Heretic is serving two masters.
No, but it's like you to try that. And you're not even serving one...maybe half of one, if that one is wit.

Talked about Bannon's magazine cover...
Humorless stare?
What, it made you smile? :plain:

"I'm here to ... amuse you?" :freak: ~ Tommy DeVito, Goodfellas
You know what they say, smile and the whole world smiles with you. Frown and they're putting you on the cover of Time. :plain: Well, sometimes they say that...

So...
You Lefties
Witch I'm knot.

call everyone you don't like Hitler
I didn't call him Hitler.

I'd call him a cab if he'd go away though.

How are we supposed to take you cerealisly?
Well, you are what you swallow...which should seriously worry Trump supporters.

When I noted contributions from conservative and liberal politics, including interstates and public education...
...How 'bout those godless public schools and potholes?
I don't send my son to school for religious instruction any more than I take him to church to learn mathematics. And potholes are like laugh lines. They just show good use. :)

While in AB's pleasant thread...
You do know that when you have to explain why something is funny then the chances are it just isn't, right?

:plain:
No, I'm a registered Republican.

Observing the harried state of Trump's first few days...
Call the new White House Motown, because the hits just keep on coming.

Tomorrow? Supporting racism, or the tricky line between illustrating and facilitating. But not today. :nono:

Reactions: Lon

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
on Friday

Talked race with Tam...
But show that same pride of what a person born of two white parents accomplished, and it gets labeled white supremacist racism. I'm seeing a trend here.
The reason people of color, minorities, find value in racial distinctions is they share a commonality of having to overcome the uphill battle against power structures ingrained with prejudice and assumption. A kid born to two white parents doesn't have that. His race, outside of the benefits that accrue by virtue of those prejudices and assumptions, along with superior connections to and within the power structure, is otherwise without particular meaning. Culture is much more influential within white communities...

And politics with Cruc...
"Make America Hate Again" What a stupid slogan, by people who have done all the hating
Have you ever even been near a Trump rally? :plain:

By way of...
Being a white male conservative is being a person who has been made fun of in the media and whose virtues have been dragged through the mud.
What virtues have been dragged through the mud? Also, do why does white factor? A black conservative doesn't have that same virtue in question? Isn't subject to the same objections?

Discrimination would be turning them to the door when they walked in because they are gay.
That absolutely would be. Sure.

That is what we made the law for in the first place. Not to bully someone into doing something against reasonable convictions and beliefs.
There you misstep. See, it isn't being allowed to stand in the door or walk about the restaurant you're then not going to be allowed to eat in, or the cake you're not going to be allowed to buy.

While Tam came dangerously close to promoting sympathy for a devil...
There are a lot that think the holocaust stats are overblown.
There are people who think blacks are animals and that we've never been to the moon. A lot of the Holocaust denier or modifier business was peddled by people who didn't want accountability, or whose bias was partly responsible for what happened.

These sentiments are out there, and I think it's a good idea people know about it whether it offends us or not.
I'm fine with combating a thing and even giving an example of what it is we're combating. But there's a thin line between that and giving that a platform and it warrants serious discussion and consideration. I think we can discuss the racist without inviting him to give a stump speech.

GM threw a tomato...
TH needs another cup of cocoa to calm him down.
So that's two things in one sentence that you don't appear to understand.

And continued...
You need to work on your WIT my dear fellow. You must not have been blessed with it, at birth.
Which brings me half way to your total.

Elsewhere, Lon decided...
The Stooges aren't for everybody.
I almost reported this one for blasphemy. :plain:

And Cruc was back with rex to shed some light...on Cruc...
Your Jew leaders in the media tell you what to think
You really don't have any shame talking like that, do you?
Racists are a lot like color-blind people, only instead of color the spectrum is empathy, decency, and civility.

Looks like he's up for a game of Hicktionary though.

Then...
I live with black people. And Mexicans.
Being racist would be exhausting

I don't know who you live with, but I know what you write.

And as if to illustrate it...
Yeah, it's just so evil to bring up 'Jewish Americans', right?
It isn't the mention, it's the insanity of what follows, the racist tendency to group and disparage coupled with the old Klan song and dance about Jewish power and influence. An "insight" that is never turned on itself and the actual holders of most power in the nation, who are neither from a religious nor ethnic minority.

Now show us how it looks under a little more light or less self control:
God knows they should be held accountable for anything, just like blacks and women!

Yeah, he doesn't have a race problem. He just thinks "blacks" aren't held accountable. You know, like women, or Jews. :rolleyes:

GM returned to spit seeds...
TH is an extremely pompous/arrogant and pretentious fellow.
What you lack in originality and wit, by which I mean originality and wit, you more than make up for in repetition. :thumb:

Or...
The problem being, you're left out of the loop.
You have a loop? Do you chase it down the street with a stick?

I cannot withstand someone who must post a myriad of words when all could be said in one or two short sentences.
You could have just said, "I can't stand verbosity."

In the future, if you're going to address me, keep it short.
No. :eek:

You're lucky I haven't run out of patience and placed you on ignore. Consider yourself forewarned.
It's only really a warning if the consequence is a negative for the other person. :)

Ending on a familiar note...
Your rather verbose post has antagonized me to the point of utter distraction.
Is that just your way of suggesting you were titillated? (seriously, someone get chrys over here, he'd love it)

Obviously, you're attempting to cause great dissension among the ranks here at TOL.
Normally I wouldn't agree, but I've been downwind of your lot lately so...

I'm utterly appalled by your present conduct that shows little if any, erstwhile performance on TOL.
To the contrary, I'm ersting at the seams here.

Tomorrow? A is for attribution and other tales told out of school :poly:

Lon

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cub Reporter's Race Report: A---n--d they're off and down the front stretch where early on it's a one nag race, ok doser in the lead by a full five lengths (7). Angel and must (2) are battling listlessly to challenge, neck and neck, while a handful of remaining horses begin the long walk from the gate as the front runners eye the turn!

I have to bring doser back because you linked to a post from another thread bringing him into this thread. Very slick, but it isn't going to fly.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I have to bring doser back because you linked to a post from another thread bringing him into this thread. Very slick, but it isn't going to fly.
A misunderstanding. I didn't think of the Race Report as being about him, but I'll be happy to leave it off and let it remain in that thread. In the meantime I'll edit out the race post and lock this down until I hear from you. I've had enough stalking from him as it is.

:cheers:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Fair is fair and I, however unintentionally, violated the terms of an agreement. Thanks to everyone who made Quixote's a fun gig. I'll be backing this thread up for the heck of it over the next little while and in the meantime:

Future Wraps will be published here: All Things Jack (link).

The inaugural issue? The Wrap on Race.

I'll be leaving the link in my signature as well. Thanks again to everyone who contributed and stopped in to read over the past few years. The only thing that's really changing is the location...and a higher level of referential scrutiny on the part of the editorial staff.

:cheers: See you at Jacks, if you're inclined.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You know what? No. Let's not go anywhere. I'm told Sod said he'd behave and my objection was always to the trolling. I'm just going to accept the mod's word that repeat performances will be met with appropriate action. In that spirit:

The Wrap
on Race

So what would a Wrap be without...
...Most of the Jews in this country are straight up non-practicing (and thereby atheist), white European descended Americans who use the 1/20th trace to Semite culture- to bash Christians and their culture.

If they aren't doing it directly, they are doing it by joining up with every non-white guy and perpetuating counter-Christian values.
If you're going to pull something off Stormfront it's customary to attribute. :poly:

Then...
I never knew what Stormfront was until a liberal mentioned it
Must have felt like Christmas come early. :plain:

While regarding "Who gets to use the N bomb"...I posted a cogent video that set out a reasonable answer...so naturally...
His argument is one huge fail. Just because the people you use the word around have a different meaning for it than the reason whites used it for in the past still does not make its usage right.

It would help if when you rejected his argument you first evidenced an understanding of it, because he put a point on it and the one you just made wasn't it.

His illustration of the point was classic. He can put his arm around his sweetheart and call her honey and everyone understands it's fine (if she's okay with it) because of their relationship. But if you walk over and do it then it isn't and for the same reason.

Besides, as a bystander, I can still see the word being used by blacks to celebrate "gangster" character in the person they are addressing.
And there's an argument in the community about its use within that community. But you're still not a part of it or entitled to it.

In the legal thread, consideration of the Muslim ban was heating up...
cheap shot, if he was playing fast and loose with the facts, why would a former circuit Judge also agree with him after he read through the cases cited?
You should stop getting your facts second hand and read the holding. It wasn't a cheap shot because the guy got it wrong. See kmo's comment on the point of actual vs potential. And three sitting, active judges empowered on the point (one of which, again, was Republican appointed) differ with your former circuit judge. It's possible to see the outcome differently, that's why courts hear arguments to begin with, but a fairer recounting of the difference is required or should be.

Then definitions got a bit tricky with...

...it's like I've stated, a 'moderate' is a liberal
That conclusion only serves to buttress my conclusion about what ails you. Medium is neither rare nor well done. When you find yourself insisting to the contrary you have a problem, not the waiter.

Talked white privilege with quip...
They're privileged by virtue of being born the same race as the predominate power structure.
Sure. They have access motivated by human nature, connections that minorities will not tend to have by being disproportionately better off in terms of education and affluence. And there have been a number of studies since the Eddie Murphy SNL short about it that support the notion that even minorities in relative positions of authority treat white people better than they do minorities. Here's a link to a couple of articles dealing with it.

And summed the problem of getting a lot of decent white people to see the point...
It's a bit of a nebulous bogeyman, this white privilege.
It really isn't. It's just not as simple, as obviously odious and harmful as slavery. It requires attention and the fighting of the ethnocentric impulse, fighting the statistics I gave you for many. Fighting the reflection of that sort of thinking within the dominant culture in a myriad of ways.

Why can't we pin down any particular laws or policies that favor whites?
You're looking for your car keys under the light then, not because that's where you might find them, but because that's where it's easier to see.

And any word yet, on how Asians overcame white privilege?
They didn't have as far to go, because we never thought of them as property to be owned, raped, mutilated. That said, it was still uphill. Go back and watch Breakfast at Tiffany's to see how as recently as the 60s white dominated society saw them as comic relief.

As Cruc tripled down...
According to Town Heretic, there is no such thing as: demeaning white people
It's possible to demean people who are white, but I believe you'd be hard pressed to demean many because they're white. Give a few examples of what you have in mind. But lose the "according to Town Heretic".

making comedy of white people, or desensitizing others to problems white people face in the media :rolleyes:
Because we mostly run the media and our problems tend to be problems of privilege and power, when considered as a whole.

American History X was directed by a Jew- I mean go figure.
Powerful film. You think it should have been directed by a racist instead?

Who's the odd one out in that movie? Not the black gangs taking over and killing innocent people, or illegals sabotaging businesses- it's the white guy with a swastika who really was the victim from the get go
You didn't really understand that movie, did you.

And the bow on this growing divide?
When a gigantic portion of the black community- the majority even- are dressed up by your political correctness as being upstanding citizens, your 'facts' stand up.

But when you can't acknowledge reality without being called 'racist', you all have free reign to spread your NONSENSE.

It's not white privilege, it's non-dubious citizen privilege. It's 'All Lives Matter' privilege. It's 'get out of my face with your prejudice masquerading as something else' privilege :rolleyes:
That's just a lot of white noise.

Tomorrow? Couldn't tell you if I wanted to. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
on Sunday

Anna shared a presidential quote that had me wondering...
“This administration is running like a fine-tuned machine”

:think: A toilet?

Speaking of agendas...
Media junkies...like you, they aren't being fair and objective, they focus only on their own agenda.
Everyone has an agenda.

Some people's agendas are served by the truth, while others voted for Trump. :eek:

And gj asked a good question...
TH (or anybody else), do you acknowledge that cultural differences exist between racial groups?
Cultural differences exist even within racial groups. In fact, not long ago I made the point that among whites those distinctions are the sharpest dividers. So the answer is that cultural differences exist and often involve race but are not by any means limited to that distinction.

Then Lon jumped on the controversy band wagon with...
:think: You aren't colorblind are you by chance?
Is there some other way to be colorblind? :shocked:

And...
... I don't know of a case where two people got together and said "We'll have color-blind babies! Let's get married!"
You've never been to the Flora-Bama on a slow night then. :plain:

Then our new Trad stand-in said...
Do you know the difference between an 'imagination' and 'an acknowledgement of reality'?
Sure. Setting out evidence would illustrate the latter. Listening to your "analysis" would constitute the former.

Angel kept inventing enemies...
I heard a black supervisor tell a black applicant, not to worry about a white woman (me), that she takes care of the sistas. Somehow that isnt racism though.
Who said it wasn't? I didn't read that, but I haven't read every post. What I suggested was suing, because someone stupid enough to say that within your hearing range probably has a paper trail of that sort of odious behavior and should be called to account. Anyone who uses race to belittle or deny should be held accountable for it.

After I noted the banal sort of racial evil as a breeding ground...
The common thread between the South and Nazi Germany is the racial violence being condoned by authority.
Not necessarily, at least at the onset. All good people have to do is nothing. An unwillingness to become involved when it speaks to you can lead to the point where it speaks for you. But even accepting your premise, stop and consider how a society gets to the point where that's the case. It's not because of a mob of sociopaths. It's a world where people like that [racist] woman in the window move the margins and the envelope continues to be pushed beyond them.

Is that happening in the USA now?
Ask the Anti-Defamation League or the Southern Poverty Law Center, but be prepared to dislike the news. As the Jewish reporter who was speaking to an uptick in anti-Semetic violence since the inauguration (and he wasn't blaming Trump, who misunderstood and thought he saw an enemy among enemies instead of a friend with a concern). But he was short sighted. I don't believe a hard look at the data can support it being a Trump phenomena. I don't believe he meant to act as a causal agent, but he benefited from it.

Consider the emboldened feelings of some of the less palatable Alt-Right preserved on video now in the wake of Trump's election.

There's been an increasingly angry climate in the country and that anger will always run downhill, find the easiest, simplest and most accessible thing to blame and act against. So everyone, Trump included, needs to be aware of it and mindful of it in how they approach changing that tide.

While Cruc's mask was slipping...
You're trying to skew the point- the Jewish reporter spoke as if the government has an exclusive obligation to the Jews, and that made Trump upset.
Rather, we elect leaders to represent us and we have the right, even the obligation to question the form that leadership will take. A reporter asked a question that was important to his community of readers. But it was important for everyone, standing as it did in the larger principle of the president's obligation to each of us. He made no claim to exclusivity. Your anger and your ignorance are a poison that will consume you unless you abandon them for reason and compassion.

There was some discussion of videos...
Grief, those videos are just embarrassing...
I didn't watch. Is line dancing involved? Celtic hoedowns and whatnots? Because I've seen some of that and let me tell you, it can turn a man racist (by which I mean against his own). :plain:

Repacked a complaint about the importance of focus...
That's a good one.Thanks.
Again, it's like someone starts a discussion on Hitler and all you have to say is how great the VW and the autobahn are. :plain:

Which led to the puzzling...
Looking at pretty white people just isn't your cup of tea.
I don't watch videos unless I have to, or I'm seeking them out...in which case it's cats accidentally playing piano and existential musings by techo-anarchists, like most people.

I could post a video of a bunch of pretty white babies, and you would cry "RACIST!".
Not unless you had a voice over talking about how they were inherently prettier or less attractive than babies of other races.

(And that's without even watching it.)
Call me when you've got a tabby and a Steinway.

Culminating in...
White nationalist. HORRORS!
Horrors have a tendency to spring from that sort of race based distinction, especially among the empowered.

Why do liberals always think EVERYONE must bend to their subjective opinion?
I suspect everyone who thinks it's wrong to murder wants EVERYONE to bend to their subjective opinion.

The rest is argument.

, or express pride in their ethnicity without being a flaming racist.
Ethnicity is a bit different than race though, isn't it. White Nationalists are making race a necessary factor. An ethnic group is primarily a social group sharing a cultural foundation. Whites are divided culturally and fairly sharply across the race.

And taking pride in your skin color is like taking pride in having bones. Now if you're oppressed by virtue of race and sometimes ethnicity you'll tend to see yourselves as linked in that light. I understand that, especially when the oppression is ongoing. That's what happened to the Irish in Europe and blacks here. But eventually that identification loses value and the goal should be to rid ourselves of that thinking and the causal factor, because it's ultimately a goofy, intellectually bankrupt particular to invest pride in and a sad commentary on a social order when it's necessitated by the actions of the dominant racial group.

Tomorrow? People behaving badly and a couple of jokes, which may or may not be the same thing. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What the heck is this thread about?
It's mostly a place where I post "The Wrap" these days, given constraints on my time. A while back I'd spend time on other bits, like the Mostly True News, and things like that. The Wrap is a look at a number of topics and threads I've been involved in over periods of time here. An easy way for people to run into threads they might miss and larger conversations. Or it's a place for people who enjoy the odds and ends of my interactions with others to hit the highlights, some funny, some serious. It's not for everyone, but depending on the month and number of posts it draws between 2 to 6 thousand views...so as long as that's happening I'll keep putting one up once in a while. The easiest way to get a sense of it is to simply read through a bit.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Just giving the people what they want, then? Alright.
As with any thread on any topic, it's not for everyone. It's a little work to pull together, but given the relative popularity of it I keep it going. I think that's good for TOL the same way Chry's Catholic thread was good or the Good Morning thread or the NFL thread are and so on.

Speaking of and for those who stop in for it, the Sunday Wrap is Here (link).

glassjester

As with any thread on any topic, it's not for everyone. It's a little work to pull together, but given the relative popularity of it I keep it going. I think that's good for TOL the same way Chry's Catholic thread was good or the Good Morning thread or the NFL thread are and so on.

Speaking of and for those who stop in for it, the Sunday Wrap is Here (link).

Okie dokie, Town Quixote.

...Quite a pleasing meter to that phrase, no?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
on Wednesday

So Tam had a peculiar idea...
Supporting or participating isn't going to prove superiority or inferiority. It's just going to be your preference.
You think people support causes they don't believe in? That would explain the election/popularity problem of the president, but why would anyone do that?

Ever wonder why GOD wanted His chosen people to not marry outside their own? And not to filter in other customs of other people?
No, it made perfect sense to me given what He was doing with them. Ever wonder why God sent the message of grace to the Gentile?

It is separateness, but it is not superiority.
We separate wheat from chaff and we keep close things we value most. We find those things superior to the other choices we could have made.

Liking one thing better than another does not automatically imply superiority.
It completely does. We don't wear the thing we don't like one day and the thing we do the next, if we can afford to wear what we like.

One can choose a to be in a situation that is inferior on many levels, but done for principle.
Then you're still serving a principle that elevates the situation to the superior. So we suffer for art, or marry for love, but whatever we do, we make the choice we value and it speaks to who and what we are...

When someone invents a distinction, like the need to separate by race, they're saying that too. They find being surrounded by their own race superior as choices go to being among a mixture of races. And there's just no rational why to that. Any considerate human being should understand there will be numbers of people of their race with little to nothing else in common and there will be people of other races who share most of what we find in common with those we value. Including or excluding on that singular basis isn't a necessity and it isn't reasonable. So the driving force for it is something else and that something else is dangerous.

Then GM chimed in with...
It's been proven within the last few weeks of Trump's Presidency, that the KKK and the far left liberal loons are about the same. Their tactics are identical.
No, they share a trait that impacts methodology...they're extremists.

Before...
I know you pride yourself on being one of the most pretentious/arrogant posters on TOL
That sounds like the thing you'd confuse with knowledge. Do you ever walk into a room and think, "Now why did I come in here?" and "Where are my pants?"

, however, truth is truth, my good fellow.
And what you're peddling isn't Shinola, old sport. So whatever you do don't rub it into your hair.

:think: Or do.

MEANwhile, though I did my best to talk her out of it, Tam continued down the peculiar route of cherry picking issues to actually conclude...
... the KKK is sometimes more reasonable and moral than the lefties.
Whenever you find yourself feeling compelled to argue for the Klan you might want to stop and ask yourself, "What the heck am I doing? Choosing which poison taste's better?"

It's the Klan. It's predicated on an irrational evil steeped in a history of violence and degradation. That's who they are. The left is simply tragic, having lost its moral compass with Roe, even if they didn't actually give the nation abortion (that was the gift of the Republican appointed majority on the Court) they sullied their legacy and fell from the moral high ground established by their stance on education, fighting poverty, slavery, racism, etc.

Glass asked a decent question...
Still wondering why so many individuals are able to overcome "white privilege."
You shouldn't. It's not a death sentence for those who don't possess it, it's simply an advantage for those who do. Don't you know people from your HS or college days who weren't particularly gifted students but who excelled anyway through determination and effort?
Yes, of course.
Then it should come to no surprise to you that many people will fail to use an advantage while many more will overcome the advantages of others. Mostly they don't, but it's no absolute bar.

And back came our resident "Egad!" fly...
It seems there's a shortage of "Grey Matter" on your end of the conversation. I wonder why that is?
:think: Maybe your conclusion * and your inability to understand it is a symptom of a larger, unintended irony.

*I will accept concussion as a alternate reading of the word.

Then glass asked a question I should have given a different answer to and will here...
Well if (as you said) determination and effort are what it takes to overcome disadvantage, then there is no white privilege.
No, saying a disability can be overcome isn't the same thing as suggesting it doesn't exist. Similarly, saying a disadvantage can be overcome isn't saying no advantage exists.

And the batter was up...
Your, so-called WIT escapes me.
You're being modest. I'd say most wit escapes you...okay, maybe not modest so much as understated then.

Before charging the mound...
You still need some "much needed" work on your comebacks, TH.:)
Like having your swing critiqued by someone holding the wrong end of the bat.

Elsewhere, Cruc was turning into a cautionary tale with illustrations...
Yep, and all but the one justice Trump put into SCOTUS are Jews and Catholics. A point that really convicts me with this country- we're an historically, and predominant, Protestant country- can there be anything more obvious of a sham than the fact that our highest judicial seats are full of people are full of Jews and Catholics :rolleyes:
What it tells me is that we're not frightened by the idea and that it isn't the first or even necessarily a consideration.

I don't think I'll ever get over that, for real. It pretty much condemns the Left as far as I'm concerned :plain:
Scale of one to ten how conflicted were you over the Thomas appointment.

Historically both groups have been under represented on the High Court. And you know who wasn't raising holy heck about that? Catholics and Jews. Go figure.

Tomorrow? GM lapses into a series of commas, Cruc blows a colon all over the place, and no one strikes in Sweden, again! :shocked:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
on Sunday

Cruc started things off complaining that the S. Ct. is all Jews and Catholics...and that the year isn't 1955...
...we shouldn't have an entire branch of government with no interest in well, the country :plain:
It's sad that you think you have to be a Protestant for that to be true.

And the reason is because the vast majority of this country is 'under represented' for the sake of agendas at play- because you have a government that isn't doing what it's function as a government is supposed to do.
It's simpler than that...The Court isn't Congress or the presidency. You have to be qualified to sit there. If you think the people responsible for selecting from able jurists aren't following the right course then turn them out of office.

And by all means go at them over the number of Jews and Catholics on the Court.

So glory opined...
Always assuming something is done unintentionally, aren't you?
It's not an assumption, unless you mean you intentionally made fun of yourself while appearing to take a swipe at me.

That would be something. :plain:

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were being condescending.
Darned if she didn't do it again. :think:

Took exception to fool on the weight to bear...
...I agree that there is racism in our country I'm not arguing against that. But if Elizabeth gets five times more interviews than Yolanda it seems that naming your kid Elizabeth is a no brainer.
Except that what's being indicated by that means Yolanda is a rose by a more obvious name and the problem isn't her name, but her fragrance. That is, what she is and how that's perceived by people who have a problem/bias. And when she arrives for all those interviews she's not going to show up in white face.

But what if that would raise her chances. Would you be arguing as you are here, not that the people hiring her need to address a serious if subtle issue, but that Yolanda should chemically treat her skin and maybe straighten her hair as a "no brainer" means to fit in?

I don't understand how it would be productive to point out that: When it really is Yolanda's problem because she's the one that's going to drown.
Like suggesting that rape is a woman's problem because she's the victim. But I'd bet you wouldn't do that.

No, if Yolanda drowns because she didn't learn to swim before she got into the pool she'd bear some responsibility. In this case she's done nothing to warrant the treatment that itself is both unethical and illegal and the people who bear the responsibility are the ones who pass by her name because they can't swim in deeper waters of another sort.

GM made a request...
Try and say something eloquent and substantial or nothing at all. Are you trying to force me to look upon you as some kind of misanthrope? I'm losing respect for you faster than the Titanic took on water.
You can't lose or regain a thing unpossessed. Neither will you ever ably judge its value.

Before reeling off gems like...
Don't forget his healthy supply of Play-Doh.
I skipped addressing that ham the first time you tried to serve it out of respect for the dead. :plain:

You're losing it, my friend. By the way, don't go looking for it when it's completely gone. After all, you never had it to begin with.
They say imitation is a form of flattery, but in your case I think it's darn near a necessity, isn't it.

I don't know how...
Everything past that point seemed superfluous. :plain:

You're doing your best to stir the pot
You can't get dirt dirty.

SD found a well polished...FB page to offer...
Because if you can't trust a FB account for serious critique you might as well be sober. :shocked:

Favorite post on that page so far?

"how about exposing the fake reporting on the sandy hook shooting, the fake boston bombing, the fake 9-11 planes, the fake pulse nightclub shooting, the fake 7/7 london bombing, etc. etc."

Etc-etc indeed. :eek:

And...
Most links to the information have been blocked. :dizzy:
Seemed like a lot of blockage on that one.

Berean took a stand...
Actually, Trump is correct... it is obvious that the media is going out of it way to make up stuff about Trump and that disgusts me to a level that Trump probably never will.
I think he has contempt for the media and no particular respect for the truth. I'd say if those qualities in the leader of the free world and the representative of your government evoke a lesser response and are of lesser concern than how media outlets respond to him you're inadvertently admitting to a fairly profound bias that has to be taken into account with what follows.

That said, there is no single voice in the media. You have a wide range of outlets and perspectives, from Fox to Mother Jones... if you don't like a paper, think the reporters distort facts or make them up, then you can always buy another. Don't care for the way CBS puts on the news? Turn the channel. But this leader and his impact aren't something we can avoid for the next four years. That's serious in a way whatever complaint you have about the various media outlets will never be.

Tomorrow? Sensitivity lessons, Simon and Garfunkel redux, and a heady bit of tofu... :chew:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
on Tuesday

While Cruc was up to his usual, though this time it was Islam's turn as the gave time off to women, Jews, and Catholics...
I'm friendlier towards Muslims than I am Jews.
Well that colored them lucky....sorry, didn't mean to use the word colored around you. :plain:

I'm simply a realist- if you stop trying to revision history and just see it for what it is, you won't need to look into their holy book.
People who say you don't need to know something to understand it are the sort of people who say they prefer Muslims to Jews. It evokes sympathy, if mostly for the people they meet and speak to.

And it's because Islam is a war horse. I'm sorry to say it, but Mohammad was a warlord and so his writings are going to reflect the nature of a ~warlord~
The foundation of Islam, Christianity and Judaism is a study in blood. That's not what distinguishes any of us.

They aren't okay with their method
It's not theirs unless they embrace it and it's not truth if you don't know it. But to put in front of you, again, the thing you can't address, the people doing most of the fighting against the thing you mischaracterize as theirs and the people doing most of the dying, however indifferent you are to it, are Muslims. Not Christians, Muslims.

Until you grasp that, understand the meaning of it and open your eyes you're going to remain as you are and there's nothing for it.

After I compared GM's criticism with being lectured on a swing by someone holding the wrong end of the bat...
You are to actual WIT what, Billy Barty was to Basketball.
You are to originality what you are to originality. :plain:

Things turned unpleasant in the pleasant thread after AB offered...
Neil Simone: "Paintings Within Paintings"
I prefer his plays...but not by much.
I prefer your silence...by quite a lot. :plain:
Hello dorkness, my old friend. :guitar:
If you wish to speak to yourself there's other avenues for that kinda thing...

:roses:
Just think of what he might have come up with if he'd had a little more time. . .even a few seconds would have helped. :eek:

Before anna got involved and handbaskets flew...
I heard you like rosemary...

or was it thyme...?
Sage. :chuckle:
Mix in my parsing and we're darn nearly goin to Scarborough...which only seems fair. :guitar:

I noted another first for the Trump...
So Trump will be the first president to skip the Correspondence dinner since Reagan, thirty six years ago.

Of course, Reagan was recovering from being shot...much like Trump's presidency then.

So Cruc said...
So Trump deals with slander in place of a bullet :idunno:

Trump will be the first president to desensitize conservatives to the media :rolleyes:
You can't desensitize the insensate. :eek:

Angel stepped in, or into it, depending...
Orthodox islam IS violent, and demand conversion by the sword, one need only look at all the countries where its the predominate religion to know what it actually teaches.
Like Turkey? :plain:

GM was back like Shoney's...
Well, you know what they say. "It's better to observe a sunset than to start a barbecue with no coals."
"Better to start a fire than to curse another Joel single."

If I had a nickle for every time I heard that one. Man, that would be some nickle. :thumb:

And...
If I gave you a penny for your thoughts, I'd' feel overcharged and be asking you for change.
The funny part of that was a right-wing conservative asking for change. :eek:

Which compelled Glory to the inglorious...
Actually his best work was the part you deliberately left off.
No, I left his username in play. :plain:

It's the only way you can possibly appear clever.
Though to be fair, looking clever in your crowd mostly involves running a spell check.

Adding (and why is it that most of the laughter generated by the hard right is either inadvertent or self-generated?)...
Just admit you don't get it. :chuckle:
It's like watching a funeral where the hearse is a clown car.

Tomorrow? GM gets tongue tied and hearly hangs himself...stuff like that. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
on Hump Day Comix

Two wraps in two days? :shocked: The end must be near...
Why is it Libs such as yourself, seem unfit to be classified?
It's probably just your grammar.

Moreover, why is it you're not as witty, as I?
Because I'm conscious and sober.

I hope you're not too offended by my question? Well, it's okay if you're a wee bit irritated. However, please don't get overwrought.
Always entertaining to see the evolution of a thought in you. Rare, but entertaining.

SD was all in with Clarke's exploration...or exploitation, depending...
The most poignant and resonate part of his speech? "I think not." It was a moment that everyone could get behind...great hat though. Reminded me of the one my brother had as a kid with the embroidering like that in it. I didn't see a full shot, were there two little guns and holsters that came with it? :think: It would have been great if he'd drawn them and fired into the air at the end.

That would have been special.

When our birthday boy wondered...
Why waste your time with old GM? It's like trying to talk to Squeaky :chuckle:
Sometimes I get a kick out of it.

Mostly he misses. :plain:

Meanwhile, Gm was talking...
I tried the shoe on and it doesn't fit...
:think: Maybe your tongue was in the way.

And we were off (or at least GM)...
Stealing what little "Wit" you imagined you had. And, the band played on.
That doesn't really make sense, so whatever criticism people may launch against you never let inconsistency be among them.

Also, your band appears to be entirely horns...and unquestionably yours.

So...
TH, if there's any consolation, I just placed "Eagle Wings" on permanent "Ignore." I'm not a fan of his.
I can't tell you how shocked I am by your response to a shot across your bow. I mean I'd like to, but they don't make increments that small.

Cruc had a word or two to say about Trump (managed without a single woman, Jew, or Catholic call-out)...
Fox News or I consider it biased speculation. I don't know why you libs don't get the message, we don't currently find your media as trustworthy
If Trump made one point it's that his people don't care much for anything that contradicts him. Which is funny given how often he contradicts himself...I suppose being a Trump enthusiast requires living in the moment then. . . a bit of unintentional zen.

And yeah, him again...
TH seems to have a penchant for, trying to one-up old GM.
But really, are you even "oneing'? :plain:

Know what I mean?
I'd be happy enough if you seemed to.

Ending today's edition with...
Dentistry has nothing to do with our little "Verbal fisticuffs feast" my dear fellow. By the way, I see there's evidence to prove my earlier accusation regarding your rapid decline in fresh material. The evidence is as follows: Your usage of the old joke about "Root canals." Why that joke is older than Mount Everest. In fact, they found ancient Hieroglyphics in Egypt relating to that same stale joke. Shame on you.
Like being lectured on abstinence by a Madam. Watching you try for a humorous barb reminds me of the time my uncle tried to teach his parrot an aria. . . except, of course, the parrot half managed it.

Tomorrow? If the weather holds probably a boat load of GM and other finger exercises. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
on Sunday

Cruc on Trump...
The people that were tired of called every ridiculous thing and being sold down the river for liberal interests. You can't sell a product to people who already have plenty of it.
Anger is a starving dog. Feed it and it will follow you anywhere.

Then must trotted out the old taking credit of dead people/casting aspersions on dead people nag...
...saved their island from hailin' Hitler.
What was the fighting like and how much of it did you and your buddies see? Or, you could as easily say the West owes Britain for holding on as long as it did, giving us a base to fight from, etc. They took a brutal pounding, that little island. A great people.

The Brits owe us more than most of them realize today and few will admit.
I'm always proud of my nation's contributions to freedom and its role in fighting the evil Hitler represented. But I'm fair enough to understand America didn't come into the fight until the Japanese forced its hand. Our nation turned away Jewish refugees and shared too much of the bigoted sentiment that strangled conscience and allowed it to become a force to begin with.

GM came marching in with his horn section...
The Libs in our country are trying to aid the enemy of our Nation, that being, the Islamic Terrorists who are coming in by the droves. The Islamics are trying to infiltrate all or most of the world. Wherever they are, they cause trouble and mayhem.
Life is just a James Bond movie to you, isn't it GM. :plain: Unfortunately you appear to have chosen Moonraker.

They hope to apply "Sharia Law" to all of the "Host countries" they embed themselves in.
I wish you'd apply rationality to the threads you embed yourself in.

One high-ranking Muslim religious leader recently stated: "The Muslim flag will wave over the White House."
As recently as 2010 even... :plain: But Anjem Choudary is a little busy these days. He was sentenced to five years in prison in Sept. of 2016, or as you'd put it, yesterday.

Before must played his own sour note...
...it was your idol FDR that turned away Jews and killed them.
FDR isn't my "idol". You just noted one reason why...Your temper makes you comfortable assuming a guy who only just noted our failure with the Jews in WWII must have idolized the man responsible. It's that kind of keen insight that makes me wonder how you didn't end up in politics.

Leading to the near inevitable...
I apologize for not being interested enough in your "Diatribe" to finish reading it.
You can read? :think: Well, there goes that theory.

...Speaking of signs, how come you're not out there protesting and damaging property?
Same reason you're not in here writing coherently. It's not what I do.

Cruc went all in...
My life matters, and if you're white the media has called you racist for saying it.
No, I call you a racist because you've demonstrated that you are, just as you did when you found the distinguishing mark in that sentence.
They ought to be lynched, every one of them :wave2:
You ought to be banned every time you do this.
But he wasn't. . . not even a little bit.

Angel made a point about a black on white hate crime, because the exception is easier for some to approach than the rule...
No hate crime here the white woman deserved it, because...privilege. Right?
Only to a very evil or disturbed person, like the killer. That's what racism does. It makes the irrational a foundation of value and judgment.

Does her life really matter?
Of course it does, but not more or less because she's white.

Then back into the thick of it...
You fall extremely short of being "The King of All Wit/Humor."
Whereas you're nearly half-way there.

You also have a tendency of, what sounds like, "Inside Jokes" that, make little or no sense to a broader audience.
Well if you've demonstrated anything it's that you aren't part of a broader audience...

(Eyes in this case) You have yet to "One up"old GM. Hang in there, though.
You can only dream of hats.

Tomorrow? Oaths, oafs, memoirs and darts that hit the bull. :plain: