Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
Friday Edition

Pondered the complexities of being with theo in the personality type thread...
I don't remember what the "A" stands for, either.

And I undervalue extroverts. Sometimes I would like to stuff them into a small box.
Now I think I know what that "A" stands for...:eek:

Channeled Billy Joel in defense of Christendom...no, really...
If a fireman trapped you in your house and set it on fire would you be particularly grateful to him if he pulled you out of it or rather more annoyed that he'd put you in such danger in the first place?
But God didn't make our choices for us. He didn't start the fire, so to speak. . . :plain:

And as I noted a long time ago, the mechanism by which we deny the impulse to sin is as present when we don't.

Are they immoral or less superior for believing the way they have/do? That's what happens with certain understandings of scripture and a blinkered adherence to a belief system.
That's one way to describe any knowledge or faith. That's the way an atheist might describe any article of faith. Or, you could from one perspective describe my faith in God, my inability or unwillingness to consider a reality where He doesn't exist as being blinkered. To me it's simply a settled question. Some things reduce to context. It makes the metric very, very important and our diligence even more so.

Noted anna's answer to a broken thermostat (which may or may not be right twice a day, depending on geography)...
"Nukkified"? Oh, you mean nullified?
If fzap gets a gander at this you're never going to hear the end of it. :nono:

"Lunch mob"? You mean lynch mob?
In fairness the lunch mob is a lot worse, if only for a couple of hours. :chew:

So... you want censorship of those you don't like - even while you're lamenting censorship?
I told him he should consider a blog. But I think it's important to him to be read. :plain:

Elsewhere, Trad was hammering himself in the eye with a point...
...almost 90 percent of Republicans are white, and blacks overwhelmingly vote for democrats, in spite of the fact that they often don't agree with the democratic social agenda.
Accepting your premise for the sake of ignorance, if twelve percent of a population can tell the rest of it what to do then how aren't they Republicans?

The Republican party has a stronger foothold among white men who have never attended college and white Southern males, at the risk of largely repeating myself. :plain:

That said and in closing, you're an idiot.

Then glory blazed and yet no light was given...
The dems have succeeded in creating a culture of entitlement, and fed the idea that blacks are mistreated.
Only the profoundly or willfully ignorant would believe that blacks haven't been systematically mistreated. It's why people of color were hosed and shot and beaten for having the temerity to suggest they should have the same voting rights as white people about a hundred years after they were brought out of the bondage of being considered property. That sort of tree sends down deep, bitter roots.

Obama has poured grease on the fire and created an army of black malcontents.
If you think it took a black president to create anger in the black community you haven't likely so much as ridden through a black community in your lifetime with the doors unlocked.

Violence comes from two places. Either it's an expression of power without moral compass or the struggle for power with the same want. Enough of either will make ordinarily decent people inclined to make the wrong choices, from mobs to goons with authority. As with Germany. As with our nation in the South with blacks or the West and elsewhere with Native Americans.

Meanwhile, in the NFL thread...
Well, metaphorically speaking it was inevitable. :plain:

Into went out of his ever lovin'...
I think she's in love with you bro. Sounds like a wife anyway..
Either you must have been slapped a good deal or never at all. :plain: In either event, a tragic misconception entered in.

And CL offered...
Just because I don't like you , doesn't mean my life is miserable.
Okay. Good for you on the second part. I don't wish unhappiness on anyone, even those daft enough to not like me...if that's even possible. :)

And the next thing you know...
Not only "possible", but highly probable.
Shut up you liberal frat boy.
If that post had been home plate you'd be facing the stands and straddling it.

Speaking of sports...
I don't follow the NBA :plain: I get all my sports news and statistics from TOL
:think: In that case, the Patriots are tied with the Rangers in the bottom of the ninth with Brady driving for the end zone or hoping to get to the foul line for a penalty kick. :plain:

Before kmo put a bow on it...
Who do I want to win.....I'm rooting for the Warriors.
The overdog, eh? Well, every Chiefs fan should get to taste that at least once in their lives...it nearly moves me to change my rooting interest. That said, I wonder if we shouldn't simply poll the season holding KC fans on the outcome and lay money the other way. :think: :eek:

Next time? Words...that much I'm sure of. :think:

glorydaz

Poor Townie....he hasn't yet learned his verb tenses......that the words ARE and WERE are different.

:mock:This is why he still qualifies as a Frat Boy. Go back to school Town!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post

The dems have succeeded in creating a culture of entitlement, and fed the idea that blacks are mistreated.

TOWNIE said:
Only the profoundly or willfully ignorant would believe that blacks haven't been systematically mistreated. It's why people of color were hosed and shot and beaten for having the temerity to suggest they should have the same voting rights as white people about a hundred years after they were brought out of the bondage of being considered property. That sort of tree sends down deep, bitter roots.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You should be ashamed of yourself Mr Heretic
No real reason. Ans speaking of no real reason...

Poor Townie....he hasn't yet learned his verb tenses......that the words ARE and WERE are different.
Of course they're different.

:mock:This is why he still qualifies as a Frat Boy. Go back to school Town!!!!
Unless you believe there's a suspended moment of now wherein the democratic party is convincing blacks that they are being mistreated your point isn't one and you still managed to poke your eye out with it...I'll wait while you find someone to walk you through that one. :eek:

All you managed to ultimately prove is that you follow The Wrap. :poly:

Today's Wrap here (link). :cheers:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap

Been a bit busy, so there aren't many berries on the vine...that said and to keep my hand in.

Trad was back in his black people have ruined America thread to observe...
This thread is still active?

I am amused.
Trad's amusement has ruined America. :plain:

SD made a bad decision to incorporate profanity from an outside source...
My son is five. He knows how to tell me a classmate said something inappropriate without parroting profanity.

So of course she immediately course corrected and...no...no, she didn't...
:yawn: That's great.
Your sincerity is a match for your manners.
You could start a thread and tell us all about your parenting tips
Most parents, I'd hope, teach their children that the response to gutter language isn't to echo it.
-- :freak: what you said...and then what he said...and then what you said again...and then what he said again.
drool.gif
The only thing worse than someone who doesn't know better is someone who should but doesn't care.

Posted two paragraphs of an article rejecting the notion that Trump is like Reagan. The first one noted the seeming similarities...
That proves it ! Trump is identical to Reagan
You should read both paragraphs. :plain: See, that's how Trump triumphs...when good men don't quite do enough.

Then kmo noted...
...I do think Trump has some authoritarian tendencies.
The way aCW has a tendency to speak to homosexuality? :think:

Spoke to a distinction between evil and insanity, talking to rex about the DP...
You're making a big assumption that's not in evidence; namely that this guy has a real mental illness. I don't think that's a given. There's a tendency to try to distance ourselves from those who do horrible things by pathologizing their mental states because we don't want to believe that they are like us, but the reality is that people who are psychologically normal (necrophilia is a parapelia, which isn't especially rare, and doesn't automatically lead to murder or other crimes) can do horrible things.

This is perhaps an understandable reaction, but it carries with it a significant downside:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...oes-committing-rape-mean-you-are-mentally-ill
I think there are people who are sick to the point where they don't or can't appreciate the moral implication of their actions and I think there are also people who, while perfectly sane in a clinical sense, choose to do what most would call evil. Evil in its most narcissistic, malicious sense is unfathomable to most of us, will confound us on some level. It has a rationality to it, but that course of reason is so alien as to appear much the same as and to approach insanity when we consider it from a more humane context.

PJ was still optimistically splashing around in all the water he's carrying for his candidate...
Hillary is so fake it's ridiculous. She has changed her speech pattern again and it annoys
It may come down to what troubles people more, her synthetic personality or Trump's actual one. :think:

While THall was still the only one who appeared to be drenched by listing a few of his Reagan/Trump similarities...
1. A populist candidate that will actually win.
Reagan was a darling of big money, big interest power brokers. He wasn't really a populist, he simply connected a message of regeneration, positivism and manifest destiny to the average citizen who was weary of Carter blaming them, sometimes publicly, for the state of the nation.

Trump is using the trappings of a populist movement, but he represents the privileged elite a populist traditionally rails against.

2. Mastery of the media that is uncommon.
:plain: Mastery? Reagan made people who disliked him into friends. Trump makes people who want to like him nervous.

aCW reminded me why a conversation with him mostly ends up feeling like you've interrupted story-time at a seedy section of a library sans books...
It's funny how you haven't given credit to the Book that our once great criminal justice system comes from
I was speaking more broadly than the criminal justice system, though our criminal law was founded on common law and that reflected the people's and culture from which it came, along with the influence of its prevailing beliefs and valuations. That foundation was almost exclusively Christian.

Now our system isn't one you'll find in the Bible any more than our system of government, but the influence of faith on both is inarguable, even as we institutionalized a protection from theocratic leanings.

I say "once great" because over 58 million American's have been put to death over the last 43 years without due process of law.
That's a failure of five men and a feckless legislature, but there's some teeth in it, sadly. The system remains great for the reasons given. Sometimes the S. Ct. fails and then it's up to the legislature...which has also failed. So we had Dred Scott v. Sanford, Korematsu v. United States, or Roe v. Wade, to name a few.

Christians and others who believe in decency have been punished for speaking out against sexual immorality, etc. etc.
...not by our justice system.

Now tell us how it was those atheists at the ACLU that made the American legal system great TH, not the Bible.
Here's an example of why I mostly don't bother with you or your threads... Nothing in that inferentially accusatory line of nonsense actually resembles a position I've taken.

And not long ago if far, far, far away from reality, Cruc was back in the feminism thread with...
Hey look, this thread rose back from the ashes :rolleyes:
And here you are to show yours.

The 1st World is an adversarial mess of whiners and hypocrites, and feminism is one of the staple tragedies of current society.
If your posts were presented as evidence they might single-handedly tilt the field against public education.

The men in this country have been brainwashed into thinking there's nothing wrong with a state in which women are a monolith of social vanity and are entitled to men's fruits before men themselves.
That sounds serious until you start shaking the tree.

Tomorrow? :shocked: See you when I see you. :)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Rusha only likes the posts here which quote me.

Same ol' TOL :chuckle:

Oh, and
I'm back

From the jungles of mania, where light is only found in serendipity

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You were gone? :think:

Your belief that you are the center of the universe to anonymous posters on the internet is so very special.

I was gone for over three weeks. Some people wondered where I was, perhaps- they aren't all Rushas :plain:

And
It's funny for a woman to say anything about somebody being the center of the universe. I think a lot of you are born with that assumption of yourselves :rotfl:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was gone for over three weeks

You were? That's interesting ... though not quite as interesting as my away from TOL time. I have living in a construction zone due to a bathroom remodel. It's a bit of a wreck but it should be done after this weekend. The man who is doing the work is my daughter's brother in law. Excellent carpenter, plumber, and basically a jack of all trades. Also, not too hard on the eyes. Plus, he is doing the work free of charge. Then there are other projects I have for him. When he is done, I may decide to sell this house and move into my other one. Or perhaps I will relocate to Cali.

Are you working on your own home renovation projects?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
~Story Time~

Pretending they hadn't secretly awaited his return,
they immediately noticed his first posts in weeks and,
in excitement, liberally responded.
As with many others, they too prefer diversity even if it goes against certain doctrine and ideology.
But this was a locked away thing,
like a door with a devil behind it which no one dared acknowledge.
He sometimes felt his whispers were louder than screams, and thus it was shown as he sought to speak of the beast behind the wall