by appointing liberal judges
by blocking the conservative judges the republicans nominate
and
it does make a difference

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
the democratic party supports abortion
The Republican party consistently doesn't attempt to overturn Roe when it has the chance and consistently nominates men for the Presidency who believe contrary to their plank on the topic.

and
they do it
by appointing liberal judges
You can't "support" a law or right in place. You can only change it. And in our republic we'll change it by working together on the cause, not by setting larger political goals. Liberal or conservative judges tend to follow precedent.

But here's where your recitation gets a bit odd:
Wait, so democrats block conservative judges, but somehow conservatives don't block liberal judges. :plain: Uh-huh. Rather, liberal and conservative judges make it through all the time. Most judges, left leaning or right leaning, pass muster.

As o 2010 151 people had been nominated for the S. Ct. and all but 29 were confirmed.

Of those rejected only 8 have occurred since 1900.

Hoover had one rejected by vote.
Johnson had one rejected and withdrew one.
Nixon had two rejected.
Reagan had one rejected and withdrew another.
Bush withdrew one.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
when did they have a chance?
and
what did you expect them to do?
When they had a working majority in Congress. Charge the Hill, make the statement. When did they ever do that? For that matter, when did they attempt it in any event? Just as a matter of principle?

I notice you've given up or stepped around, avoided, dodged my answer on the problematic nature of your claiming conservative justices are blocked but, some magical somehow, liberal judges can sail through.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
When they had a working majority in Congress. Charge the Hill, make the statement. When did they ever do that? For that matter, when did they attempt it in any event? Just as a matter of principle?

looks like you never googled
partial birth abortion
or
partial birth abortion court
but
why would you?
since you voted for someone who voted present
when it was time to protect the baby born live during an abortion procedure

well I guess it is my job to remind you about stuff like this
since
you don't think it is that important

that is killing babies

fzappa13

. . . and The Rest Discuss just about anything besides Politics and Religion! Discuss sports, pop culture, computers, videogames, welcome new members, wish someone a happy birthday. Or just chit chat!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
looks like you never googled
partial birth abortion or
partial birth abortion courtbut
why would you? since you voted for someone who voted present when it was time to protect the baby born live during an abortion procedure
A half truth is no real truth at all. Rather, I voted once for a candidate who had voted against my position on that issue, which would been to object. And I voted once for someone else the second time around. Neither vote changed Roe and no president will absent the will of the people expressed through Congress and likely in an Amendment to the Constitution regarding the establishment of rights in the unborn.

well I guess it is my job to remind you about stuff like this since you don't think it is that important
Rather, I don't think your distorted opinion and questionable methodology is.

So did the republican opponent to Obama in that first election.

that is killing babies.
No, it's supporting allowing people to, though the thing that actually allows it is Roe, decided and put into place by a Republican appointed point.

For those wondering why he's trying this, he made an irrational statement earlier and he's putting post distance between it and you, if he can. He said:

the democratic party supports abortion...by appointing liberal judges
You can't "support" a law or right in place. You can only change it. And in our republic we'll change it by working together on the cause, not by setting larger political goals. Liberal or conservative judges tend to follow precedent.

But here's where your recitation gets a bit odd:
Wait, so democrats block conservative judges, but somehow conservatives don't block liberal judges. :plain: Uh-huh. Rather, liberal and conservative judges make it through all the time. Most judges, left leaning or right leaning, pass muster.

As of 2010 151 people had been nominated for the S. Ct. and all but 29 were confirmed.

He really doesn't want anyone thinking about that.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Wendy Davis

the darling of the democrats in texas
filibustered the bill restricting abortion
and
because of that she was the democratic candidate for governor
she lost both times

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
breitbart and anita hill

breitbart and anita hill

breitbart and anita hill

it was anita hill that gave breitbart the ability to focus
he now had purpose
he now had an agenda

here is his book

Righteous Indignation: Excuse Me While I Save the World!

one of the best I have ever read

here is the interview

Take AIM: Andrew Breitbart

where he describes, as he did in his book, how the anita hill thing turned him around

he decided to go after the media
and
would try to hold them responsible for what they do

the anita hill thing also gave me focus
it was then I decided that I would never vote for a democrat again

it was all about abortion

fzappa13

Okay, Texas is another country. You can't count Texas. Might as well use Louisiana as an example. No, wait, we're not that foreign.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Beyond the abortion issue, which I'm well aware of, there's another issue. You used to vote Democrat.

Up until what, 1991? That's well after Roe v Wade.

I hated nixon and reagan
my first republican vote may have been the reagan second term
if
it wasn't my local congressman

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

nixon was a crook
and
at the time I believed all republicans were crooks

certainly the ones who defended him

I can't remember what changed my mind about reagan

I was mainly concerned about waste especially in defense