Total Depravity, Totally Refuted

Robert Pate

Banned
14291835_10210439678657492_7010107144238322363_n.jpg

"He did it all, all we have to do is believe."

Classic Free Will Moronic Mantra

This is another classic example of the self-contradictory nature of the "free willers" false theology.

You are so blind you can't even see how utterly ABSURD it is to say something like "He did it ALL, ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS BELIEVE."

DUH! Only a cloud of deception could make a normally intelligent man say something so stupid and self contradictory.

You free willers don't really believe that God did it ALL and that Salvation is 100% of God and 0% of man.

You think that unless you choose of your own free will to believe, then ALL that God did at the cross is to no avail at all.

You don't REALLY believe that ANYBODY was in fact redeemed or reconciled to God at the cross. That "missing ingredient" is "your faith", or it means nothing.

And the fact is, it is God himself who gives to his people both the repentance and the faith to believe.

We believe because we are elected. It is not that we become elected because we believe. You have everything backwards and upside down.

If God gives repentance and faith to believe, then why didn't he give it to everyone?

If that were true, which it is not. Then there was really no need for Christ and his Gospel. This is why..."Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

beloved57

Pate

If God gives repentance and faith to believe, then why didn't he give it to everyone?

That is God's business, who are we to question the way of God ? That is a indication of a hard heart.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pate

That is God's business, who are we to question the way of God ? That is a indication of a hard heart.

No, that's the way of an idiot.

We are called to question everything, John said, "Try the Spirits to see if they be of God" 1 John 4:1.

I have tried your Calvinist religion in the light of the Gospel and have found that it is not of God.

Brother Ducky

He appointed some salvation, and others he did not so appoint. Those appointed believe [Acts 13:48] when they hear. Others do not.

It is not unjust to give something to one and not to another.

andyc

Pate

What do you think of Abraham questioning God who was about to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?
Is it right for God to slay the righteous with the wicked?

You make it sound as if, whatever God does, even if it seems unjust to us, it must be alright because it's God.
If it doesn't seem just to us, it probably isn't. Abraham stopped at 10 righteous people, but in fact there was only 1. And God got him and his daughters out of there. And he would have also spared Lot's wife and son in laws if they had heeded the warning.

Brother Ducky

Only in your warped, ungenerated mind.

Armadillo mode again??????

To what do you respond?
The Acts passage? You are on the record as believing it.

To my assertion that it is not unjust to give something to one and not another? If this, make a case rather than go the second grade name-calling armadillo mode.

Brother Ducky

Only in your warped, ungenerated mind.

To what do you respond?

To my assertion that it is not unjust to give something to one and not another? If this, make a case rather than go the second grade name-calling armadillo mode.

As an aside, you still have not made any kind of cogent case for your original premise in this thread.

Robert Pate

Banned

To what do you respond?

As an aside, you still have not made any kind of cogent case for your original premise in this thread.

The reason that you are a Calvinist is because you see nothing wrong with God saving some and damning the rest to hell. As far as you are concerned that is the way that God does things and who are we to question what God does, after all he is God.

If that were the case, which it is not, then faith counts for nothing. Why have faith if you have already been condemned to hell? Or why try to live the Christian life if it has already been determined that you are one of the elect. Jesus must have been in error when he told the apostles to "Go into all of the world and preach the Gospel to everyone".

Brother Ducky

The reason that you are a Calvinist is because you see nothing wrong with God saving some and damning the rest to hell. As far as you are concerned that is the way that God does things and who are we to question what God does, after all he is God.

If that were the case, which it is not, then faith counts for nothing. Why have faith if you have already been condemned to hell? Or why try to live the Christian life if it has already been determined that you are one of the elect. Jesus must have been in error when he told the apostles to "Go into all of the world and preach the Gospel to everyone".

Actually I am Reformed/Calvinist because it is the system that most accurately deals with the majority of Scripture. As I said before, it was not my initial position.

No I do not think that the saving of some [grace] and the damnation of others [justice] is a problem. God could have killed all for the sin of Adam, and he would be just. After which he could have started over or not. Still he would be just. Or he could have chosen to save none and would still be just. Or he could have chosen to save all and would be gracious. Or he could have chosen to save some and not others and he would be but just and gracious.

And no, faith counts for a bunch. Those condemned would not have saving faith, so why do you ask. Why try to live the Christian life. I would say that it is because it is what God wants from his people.

My understanding is that you really do not care what Jesus says. But I do. And the reasons to preach. Well, one, because God commands it; and two, because preaching is the ordinary means that God uses to bring his elect people to himself.

beloved57

We are called to question everything, John said, "Try the Spirits to see if they be of God" 1 John 4:1.

I have tried your Calvinist religion in the light of the Gospel and have found that it is not of God.

As stated, its an indication of a hard heart !

beloved57

That is why I know you teach a false gospel. You teach that those Christ died for are going to perish in their sins, I know who teaches that is not of God!

Robert Pate

Banned
Anybody who teaches that people Christ shed His Blood for wind up in hell, does not know Christ, they are an imposter !

Salvation has been provided for all, Hebrews 2:9.

Now call Paul and Jesus liars.

You will wind up in hell because you have never called on Christ to save you, Romans 10:13.

beloved57

Salvation has been provided for all, Hebrews 2:9.

Now call Paul and Jesus liars.

You will wind up in hell because you have never called on Christ to save you, Romans 10:13.

Again everyone who teaches that Christ death alone failed to save all for whom He died, is teaching false antichrist doctrine!

Robert Pate

Banned
Again everyone who teaches that Christ death alone failed to save all for whom He died, is teaching false antichrist doctrine![/QUOTE

Jesus died for every single soul that has ever lived on this earth and for every soul that will ever live on this earth.

So that... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Its God's great free gift of salvation.

beloved57

Again everyone who teaches that Christ death alone failed to save all for whom He died, is teaching false antichrist doctrine![/QUOTE

Jesus died for every single soul that has ever lived on this earth and for every soul that will ever live on this earth.

So that... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Its God's great free gift of salvation.

Again you teach against the Saving effects of Christ blood, by teaching that sinners He died for wind up in hell, lost!