toldailytopic: Which is the BEST and WORST fast food place, and why?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Does anyone know if the following fast food chains still exist?

1) Burger Chef

2) Arthur Treacher's

3) Chi Chi's

4) Roy Rogers

5) Ponderosa

6) Hoss's

7) Sambo's

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
There are five Hardees locations in the metropolitan Baltimore area. When traveling we see them in Western MD, VA, W. VA, NC, PA, OH, and IN.
There are plenty in IN, just none in my town. I'm going to Pendleton on Thursday, and there is one there, but I'm getting free Mexican food that night, so...:idunno:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I used to love Hardee's, but I am not sure if they exist anymore.

The last time I went to a Hardee's, it was a sit-down restaurant, similar to Denny's. But, that was almost thirty years ago. I saw one about 20 miles from my house and was surprised that it was a fast food place. They have since closed that restaurant.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The last time I went to a Hardee's, it was a sit-down restaurant, similar to Denny's. But, that was almost thirty years ago. I saw one about 20 miles from my house and was surprised that it was a fast food place. They have since closed that restaurant.
What was that restaurant we stopped at during our trip to CO? I thought that was a Hardee's. Of course, it's been almost six and a half years. I recall it was quite small. It might have been a Rally's.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What was that restaurant we stopped at during our trip to CO? I thought that was a Hardee's. Of course, it's been almost six and a half years. I recall it was quite small. It might have been a Rally's.

The only thing I can think of are truck stops. I know that if a truck stop is busy (lots of truckers) they tend to have very good food.

When I came out here from CA, I used my CB radio to ask truckers where to stop for our meals.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I like to cook.
But for a quickie meal I like:

Grandy's chicken fried steak meal

Kentucky Fried chicken

Long John Silver fish meal (the one in my town closed and I was disappointed)

The worst for me is Arbys.
Without smothering it in sauce, it's tasteless.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The only thing I can think of are truck stops. I know that if a truck stop is busy (lots of truckers) they tend to have very good food.

When I came out here from CA, I used my CB radio to ask truckers where to stop for our meals.
It was too small to be a truck stop. There was one row of less than ten tables along the wall, opposite the counter. And less than ten feet between the tables and the counter.

We may have gotten far enough for it to not be either of the ones I mentioned, but one of their counterparts from that side of the country.

IMJerusha

White Castle :up:

There are no WC's in Maryland. But we can buy their mini burgers in the frozen case at the grocery store.

Oh they taste real good but the aftereffect from all that grease just sort of puts me off. When you go for a WC, you gotta be in the mood....and prepared!

IMJerusha

I like to cook.
But for a quickie meal I like:

Grandy's chicken fried steak meal

Kentucky Fried chicken

Long John Silver fish meal (the one in my town closed and I was disappointed)

The worst for me is Arbys.
Without smothering it in sauce, it's tasteless.

Me and the hubby miss the Grandy's chicken fried steak! :sigh:
Used to hit the one up in DeSoto all the time!

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Best: There's a fast food burger chain here in Seattle called Dick's.

tumblr_lglbl9YZe31qfxc82o1_400.jpg

Bestest: Down south in T-town there's a great greasy burger place called "Frisco Freeze".

1325824067_120568-frisko-freeze-3416-1.jpg

Worst? My palate hasn't met that place as of yet.
I remember Dick's! I believe it was the first in Seattle in the early '50s. Original store was just off 15th Avenue NW near Ballard High School.

Thanks for the memories!