toldailytopic: Which is the BEST and WORST fast food place, and why?

Buzzword

Apparently I have a different definition of "fast food" than some people around here.

For example, I don't consider Subway "fast food" because it was originally conceived as a healthier alternative to...you guessed it...fast food.

If it's a diner, a drive-in, or a dive (aka a non-chain restaurant), I don't consider it fast food either.

My picks:
Best: Braum's. Best burgers, best fries, BEST ICE CREAM. By far. Above and beyond "worth it" for driving to the middle of the country.

Runner-up: Wendy's, if only for the clog-your-arteries-with-awesome Baconator.

Worst: Long John Silver's. Don't pretend to be a "sea food" place when all you offer is greasy mystery meat.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm guessing you mean garbage VC?

All the time and if I do I find one of the thousands of burger vans dotted around this countries road sides . . . . They offer some pretty great stuff.

I know I am crazy... Yes, I admit it. :D

But I've often found, in every country that I've visited, that the "garbage" food, so to speak...the kind found on every street corner and in every "hole in the wall" is the very best tasting AND very best representative of each country's culture. I love it. I love experiencing different foods.

Quincy

I like Long John Silver's / A&W and Subway.

I don't like anything else.

I prefer Italian eateries over fast food though, where the owners are shady, mysterious and they make a mean sauce. Just how I like 'em :plain:

Nitro

Chick-Fil-A. The food and service are great.
The other fast food places act like they are doing you a favor to take your order.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Albertos - Best Carne Asada Burritos anywhere.

MacDonalds - I don't like fried hamburgers.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Worst: Wendy's hamburgers are awful though their chili is good.

If you must put beans in chili, at least use pinto beans. Better yet, cook up a pot of beans on the side, and let the chili be chili.

Nothing against kidney beans, but in chili?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
That's a tough question.

Pizza King is pretty fast, actually; faster than a couple of fast food joints around here. And they have a lot of great food.

I also like Dairy Queen.

As for the worst, I'm not sure. I don't eat a lot of fast food anymore, to be honest.

I used to love Hardee's, but I am not sure if they exist anymore.
They do. But I haven't had them in a long while; there hasn't been one here in many years.