toldailytopic: Where should TOL go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keypurr

TheologyOnline.com has been around for over 13 years!!!

I would like to hear your ideas and suggestions as to the direction we should take from here.

- Stay the course?
- Add some marvelous new feature?
- Alter the spirit of the conversation in some way?
- Sell the site to somebody who would do a better job running the place?
- More cow bell?
- Shut the door and throw away the keys???

What are your thoughts and opinions?

When your on top, don't change a thing. Knight you have created a GREAT site and I for one take my hat off to you.

God Bless

kmoney

Hall of Fame
kool-Aid.jpg

That used to be my avatar. :plain:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I still can't believe that nobody repped or commented on the koolaid man post. That was quite possibly the funniest thing I've posted on this forum...ever. :noid:

I think there is an inverse relationship between how much a user begs for reps and how much rep that user actually gets. :plain:

Just thought you might want to know that. :think:

;)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Suggestion:

TOL should staff a resident psychiatrist. We members could all pitch in an extra $5 on each subscription to cover the cost. Might save Knight some of the hair left on his head.
Thankfully I was blessed with a thick head of hair. (which goes nicely with my thick skull).

NarrowWay

Awww, shucks!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Admittedly, I'm hardly on here as much as I should or would like to be. Sometimes it's because I get too wound up in some of the discussions and end up frustrated and stressed out because I take it all a little too seriously. But that is a reason in itself. For such topics of importance, there should be a place that these types of issues can be sorted through. A community of online citizens openly debating important topics where the outcome could determine someone's perception of reality and even impact their eternal destiny.

Thank you Knight for providing that venue... One last note: "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Gal. 6:9.

You Sir Knight have a humongous reward awaiting you, I know. Thank you!!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thank you Knight for providing that venue... One last note: "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Gal. 6:9.

You Sir Knight have a humongous reward awaiting you, I know. Thank you!!
That's really nice of you to say my brother! I'm not sure what God will say to me about TOL when I enter the pearly gates... He might say.... "um, what in the world did you do that to yourself for??" :D

Actually my TOL reward has already come in the form of becoming close friends with awesome folks like you and Poly!!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If we can return to the original topic, I want to second Evo's suggestion that the Social Groups feature get more visibility. The feature does provide the closest thing to my and others' safe-haven forum suggestion since these groups can be moderated by their owners.

I cannot recall the facts, but I do believe Social Groups can only be started by paying subscribers. If true, this is an incentive for revenue. If not, then it should be so. ;)

Obligatory advertisement: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/group.php?groupid=42 :squint:

BTW: the Quick Links pull-down menu option should show a link to the paid subscriptions options. Right now the main TOL portal shows no links, other than gift subscriptions, to paid subscriber options.

AMR

rainee

Stick around. It gets better. :plain:

SD hasn't said one word about my comments relating to her. Why are you "butting in"? :D

Well, we can't all be like you. Not without some sort of blunt force cranial trauma anyway.

We'll add that to the list of things you can't manage, like objectivity or how to address reasoned argument. :thumb:

All of which is just my way of seconding Nang's idea about having a staff psychiatrist on hand.

Last edited:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Actually my TOL reward has already come in the form of becoming close friends with awesome folks like you and Poly!!

I think that about sums it up. It really doesn't matter what changes you make to the board. The real fun of TOL comes from the makeup of its membership. TOL wouldn't be the same without posters like Town Heretic, Evoken, Kmo, TomO, Elohym, et al.

Incidentally: I think that this poses an incredibly good argument for keeping the simple, streamlined interface you already have.

bybee

Well

Well

Thanks for writing to me Fuzz Ball
If you hadn't posted to me I might not have had the heart to
to post what I did. Not that it didn't need to
be posted.

Poor Knight, he should have banned me.

I think you would destroy him and this place and not even care
because of your false pride.

If I were you I would tell him he better ban me or I might make everyone of you that are bad look bad.

I am in awe with what you are allowed to get away with on this web site!!!
You haven't the credentials to make anyone here "look bad".
I have given you many "pos reps" when, in your own inimitable fashion you have shared some really good thoughts.
I am stunned by your disintegration into posting hate-filled tirades against people with whom you disagree.
Of course we will disagree on some things. The purpose of discussion is to share our observations in a way that invites rebuttal so that we may learn from one another.
It is you who owes apologies to the individuals whom you have unjustly maligned and to this whole forum for continually hijacking threads.
I have enjoyed your wry humor. I hope you will return to yourself.
Blessings, bybee

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually my TOL reward has already come in the form of becoming close friends with awesome folks . . .

That's it it.
Friendships, fellowship, learning, truth smacking.

:cheers:​

bybee

Yes!

Yes!

That's it it.
Friendships, fellowship, learning, truth smacking.

:cheers:​

Amen Brother! I have had some pretty edgy exchanges on this site with other posters. But, almost always when I sense that I may have stepped over the line I apologize, and I have others do the same to me. They will know we are christians by our love....and love forgives, love can say "I'm sorry" and the love still stands.

I LOVE THIS PLACE!
It has sharpened my wits and enriched my soul.
Many thanks to all of you who have taken me to task and the compliments have been nice too!
Blessings, bybee :wave:

WizardofOz

Where should TOL go from here?

To rainee's house. We can all sit around and complain about the cooking, the general uncleanliness and we'll be sure to mention the foul smell coming from down the hall (and the TV reception is terrible). We can have talks about how much we would all like to leave or even be kicked out but will still just sit around complaining even when the door is pointed to.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
This could yet be a two-fer

Where should TOL go from here? Setup a self-ban button so attention whores can just ban themselves rather than derail a thread with their "me issues".

:think: I don't think they'd use it. If they did, they'd lose the last shred of being able to look at themselves as a victim. Someone else has to pull the trigger. :banned:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
With all the begging for bannings in this thread, I would like to take the liberty of reminding you that chickenman would not like to have his account cancelled.

:chuckle:

I also would not like to have his account cancelled. :DK:

fool

Hall of Fame
That Chickenman just reported my post reporting Rainee's post reporting herself!
This means WAR!
Or lunch, it's not to early for lunch is it?

fool

Hall of Fame
We should have a posters choice award.
When you hit the green button in your own post it tels you how much rep that post as recieved.
So the system knows.
We could have an annuall top ten pos repped posts and bottom ten most negg repped posts.
Then we could all go to a pot luck thread and post pictures of our food.

Status
Not open for further replies.