toldailytopic: What were your best and worst subjects in school?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I was too lanky for power. Didn't grow into my shoulders until college. I did have reach though. The wingspan was there. Just enough power to hand speed ratio to keep people off of me, but at some point the feet gave me to anyone who really knew what they were doing. I didn't work out the feet until college, but by then the competition was just ridiculously good and too far ahead of me and that was that.

Talented technical boxers were my greatest weakness (I guess they would be for anyone..but for different reasons) :chuckle: I'd spend my time being beaten up until they got too arrogant and decided to walk into my right cross. :chuckle: ... or I'd just get beaten up. :eek:

Nowadays I just wander into a ring to stay in shape and to keep my "edge" (for lack of a better term) more or less. I'm just a big old lumbering punching bag for the young guys. ;)

Quincy

I'd just like to add that even though math was my worse subject, I still passed the classes. Didn't want anyone thinking otherwise there :noid: .

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: What were your best and worst subjects in school?

Best: American history, mechanical drawing, shop classes.

Worst: Phys Ed, advanced math, science.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Best subject: Art.
Worst Subject: Math and the rest.

However, I wish I could do it all over again because now I would be a better student.

I was a horible student in high school so, I can understand what your saying here but, when I went back to college as an adult, straight A's across the board, mathematics being one of my stronger suits. It is amazing how well you can do when you want to learn...:first:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was a horible student in high school so, I can understand what your saying here but, when I went back to college as an adult, straight A's across the board, mathematics being one of my stronger suits. It is amazing how well you can do when you want to learn...:first:

Especially if you're paying for it. I shot up from the bottom quarter to a 3 point something. Amazing isn't it.

Dena

High School Best: English Composition and Social Studies
High School Worst: Geometry with second runner up, Algebra

College Best: Social Work and Literature
College Worst: Algebra (after failing twice and being told I probably have a learning disability I gave up and did Computer Science instead)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Music, art & English were my best in school.

Pretty much everything else were my worst at that time....
Son of a gun, I'd have sworn it would be Garden Sciences and Hare Maintenance.

:plain:

Maybe a minor concentration in Ballroom Dancing or Inferential Meditation. :idunno:

Arthur Brain

Son of a gun, I'd have sworn it would be Garden Sciences and Hare Maintenance.

Those weren't options....

Maybe a minor concentration in Ballroom Dancing or Inferential Meditation. :idunno:

Well how wrong you'd be then sir, as such derivative studies centred around the impact of vorticism in art and basket weaving...

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Worst: Any music or art class. And at a certain point math became a struggle.
Best: I did pretty well at most other things.

IMJerusha

Oh my, talk about a walk down memory lane!
Best subjects: English, Spanish, Biology, Drama, Home Ec., Animal Husbandry
Worst subjects: Math, Physical Science, Government, Economics

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
best chemestry

worst spelling

See what I did there. I misspelled chemistry. probably would have noticed that if I didn't have spell check!

Ed Walton

Except for spelling, I tested well no matter the subject. If I had assignments outside of classroom hours; I was going to fail the course.

I did well in math, and all the sciences; till I came up against trig, then I was done.

When I was in school I was into Herman Melville, Jack London, & Ernest Hemmingway; but the artist weren’t on their approved reading plans. I didn’t get anything out of Animal Farm, or Jonathan Livingston Seagull. So I put no effort into English or their idea of Literature.