toldailytopic: What were your best and worst subjects in school?

This Charming Manc

Worst: Languages, English, woodwork and metalwork.
Best: Maths, science and the humanities (history, geography, sociology).

Because I find writing so hard I dropped out of the humanities, it is shame because I was very good at the core subjects, and they interested me much more than the sciences. Oh well.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Best: German, Concert Band, Chemistry, Physics, Calculus, Geometry, Trig, Algebra, English, Social Studies
Worst: :think:.......:idunno:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Done good in histry, Inglish and siance.
Not to good in my gazindas.
Spelin was my best.

:noid:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Didn't really have a best/worst, but my favorites were probably English and Chemistry. Least? Latin, though I appreciate it more now...and gym, until we had the track option. I've never liked exercise that was about exercise. I prefer doing something productive or at least interesting.

That was always my problem with gym. I considered most "games" played to be a waste of my effort and no fun whatsoever. It was always a running joke at the boxing gyms I went to that I did so poorly in gym class (In fact; ignored school sports totally), but could hold my own in a boxing ring (Thought to be a bit more physically strenuous :chuckle: ).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That was always my problem with gym. I considered most "games" played to be a waste of my effort and no fun whatsoever. It was always a running joke at the boxing gyms I went to that I did so poorly in gym class (In fact; ignored school sports totally), but could hold my own in a boxing ring (Thought to be a bit more physically strenuous :chuckle: ).
We had a summer boxing league. I had to quit when I got braces, but I wasn't that good at it anyway. I could take a punch and I have decent hand speed (better than that for my size) but my footwork was awful. I boxed right handed and stepped like a lefty. Yeah, I needed that chin. :eek:

You look like an inside guy. Get in close and kill the body.

Quincy

I never boxed but I did run the ball between the tackles on the ole high school pigskin team :think: .

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Best subject: Art.
Worst Subject: Math and the rest.

However, I wish I could do it all over again because now I would be a better student.

Me too, lol, I would put a lot more effort into it if I had another shot.

My best subject was math (I was in the highest class they had until I quit doing homework and had to do it again the next year)

Worst subject, English. I just didn't care about it the slightest bit.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: What were your best and worst subjects in school?

Best: Reading and spelling.

Worst: Handwriting. That is until they stopped grading it. It never got better. I even went to summer school one year, specifically for that. It didn't help.

After that math was probably my worst until my freshman year when a sub was able to show me it wasn't as hard as I thought.

Oddly enough after I quit doing my homework [most teachers weren't actually grading it] the only class I failed was Economics. I maintained Cs in other classes where I never did the homework and aced all the tests and quizzes. Actually I think I made As on all those in Econ, too.

I just got to the point where I was too bored; it wasn't enough of a challenge anymore.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
We had a summer boxing league. I had to quit when I got braces, but I wasn't that good at it anyway. I could take a punch and I have decent hand speed (better than that for my size) but my footwork was awful. I boxed right handed and stepped like a lefty. Yeah, I needed that chin. :eek:

You look like an inside guy. Get in close and kill the body.

Yup...Guilty as charged. I've always been a Slugger. No speed, and the footwork of an African Elephant....But it's a serious mistake to get close to me. ;)

My saving graces were power, I could take a punch, and could switch back and forth between righty and southpaw with close to equal comfort...But I didn't do that too often 'cus it was too easy to get my lousy footwork thrown off even more when I did (Kinda like your problem) . It also really irritated my trainer. :chuckle:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Best: Science and History
Worst until High School: Math

I kept asking the teachers why I had to do the problems when I already understood how to do them. So I got terrible grades in math. In high school, that all turned around for reasons I don't really understand, except there were fewer worksheets.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yup...Guilty as charged. I've always been a Slugger. No speed, and the footwork of an African Elephant....But it's a serious mistake to get close to me. ;)

My saving graces were power, I could take a punch, and could switch back and forth between righty and southpaw with close to equal comfort...But I didn't do that too often 'cus it was too easy to get my lousy footwork thrown off even more when I did (Kinda like your problem) . It also really irritated my trainer. :chuckle:
I was too lanky for power. Didn't grow into my shoulders until college. I did have reach though. The wingspan was there. Just enough power to hand speed ratio to keep people off of me, but at some point the feet gave me to anyone who really knew what they were doing. I didn't work out the feet until college, but by then the competition was just ridiculously good and too far ahead of me and that was that.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I made straight A's in all subjects.
I actually studied, and liked it!