toldailytopic: What should be done with Planned Parenthood? Defund or continued suppo

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You have just undermined your crusade. You're admitting to treating the symptom rather than the cause.

So we should let the disease spread (by allowing homosexuality to continue), but go back and put up a fight about out of wedlock sex?

You obviously know nothing about the culture war. You don't start with something that people (even some Christians) have grown accustomed to and let something that is still on the front burners (which homosexuality still is) go untouched.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Don't de-fund planned parenthood. We all pay for practices and organizations we don't agree with. Besides, abortion is 3% of what planned parenthood does.

planned%20parenthood-245654727_v2.grid-6x2.jpg
Statistics lie; and so does PP.

Also I'd like to see everyone saying they want to de-fund planned parenthood agree to have taxpayers pay for early childhood education and financial support for all of the affected children.
We already pay for it; it's called public school.:dunce::duh:

"Affected" children? You mean the ones that wouldn't get murdered?
Yes, that is what he means.

Social programs aren't theft, that is a pretty twisted and sick view for someone who claims to support Christ.
:doh:

If I want to give to the needy I can do so; and I can also be sure that person isn't cheating the system or using the money to buy drugs, etc.

If the government takes the money out of my paycheck without asking that's theft.

generosity to poor is a Christian virtue, you seem to despise it. Do you despise Christ because he did say what you do for the least of these you do for me?
What we despise is the government doing for us what we can do for ourselves.

Where does the bible say that?

I thought it said this

That was in reference to a Roman regime that was infinitely more anti God, anti Christian and despicable than the current american administration.

This line that 'tax dollars are theft and are immoral' is a lie of the devil and should be exposed as such. Its cultural thinking, not biblical thinking.
No, that was about what the government should be; which is made clear by the fact that Paul wrote that it was God's minister to execute wrath and a terror to the wicked. Are you trying to tell me that corrupt Roman government was a terror to the wicked?

Stop letting your ignorance read Scripture for you.

:idea:
They should stop offering abortion services. That way, people wouldn't have a moral objection to their public funding.
Try again.

My my, someone needs to go back to 9th grade biology class if he doesn't know that babies come from having sex.
That's irrelevant. As much as I disagree with and dislike Wiz, he's correct on this one. Abortion is murder, aka unjustifiable homicide. That fact that pregnancy results from sex does not make abortion a sex crime. Neither does the fact that most abortions are done for illegitimate children.

eameece

But of course, you and everyone else here will simply ignore this reality and continue to believe whatever is convenient for you to believe, to maintain that air of righteous indignation.
Their most prized posession! :ha:

Alate_One

Statistics lie; and so does PP.
Typical, claim anything you don't agree with is a lie.

We already pay for it; it's called public school.:dunce::duh:
Newsflash, Public school doesn't support children under 3 (and preschool doesn't normally last all day). The parent has to care for the child up until that point, and during the summer and after school. Try working with a small child in tow (or even attending school), it doesn't work.

I've heard nothing but complaints for supporting children of
poor single parents. Again, you love the unborn children . . until they're born, then their parents need to get it together and support themselves. :dizzy:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
In general I agree with the truth and not with lies.

However, that has nothing to do with it.

If abortion truly was 3% of PP business I would agree that it was 3% of their business, regardless of the fact that I don't agree with the act of abortion.

But far be it from me to expect you to put two and two together.

Newsflash, Public school doesn't support children under 3 (and preschool doesn't normally last all day). The parent has to care for the child up until that point, and during the summer and after school. Try working with a small child in tow (or even attending school), it doesn't work.
  1. Then why would we need to pay for their early education when there's no school for them?
  2. My dad did exactly those things; went to school and work and took me with him.
  3. How does it feel to fail?

poor single parents. Again, you love the unborn children . . until they're born, then their parents need to get it together and support themselves. :dizzy:
I love and support my nephews who are children of an unwed couple. I've given my brother money to buy them food, and have bought them food myself. And the oldest isn't actually his, biologically speaking; I love him just the same anyway.

But you know what, my brother and his now ex-girlfriend do need to get it together and work on supporting those three kids. They need to stop doing drugs and worry about spending money on those children. And my brother should have been thinking about his children and the money he could have been making to support them and the money he would have gotten in his tax return if he had actually worked during the ten months he didn't have a job last year. Now he's without a car and won't get enough back to get one, a car he needs to keep going to the job he has now so he can continue to support his children.

And he lost his previous job when he failed a drug test.

So, let's compare my dad and my brother [same mother, different father]: one was a poor single parent, the other currently is. The former didn't do drugs and didn't rely on government assistance. The latter does drugs and is worried that he won't receive enough money from the government's policy of giving people with kids more money in their tax returns. The former made sure his son had a roof over his head, food in his belly when needed, clean clothes [and new ones when necessary], a haircut once or twice a month and even a private school education from preschool through second grade, among many other things. The latter relies on his grandfather to help him with some of these and let's the mother take care of much of the rest [and I don't even know how much she does] and the oldest, being the only one old enough for school, goes to public school.

And you know when my dad could no longer afford to do these things? When my mom went on welfare and the government started garnishing his wages for child support. Before that my mom never asked for him to pay it, because he paid for the things I needed of his own accord.

Now, which one of these two men deserves more respect?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
62% of what Planned Parenthood does involves cancer and AIDS screening, as well as testing for other sexually transmitted diseases. 35% involves providing safe contraception. And 3% of what they do involves abortion services. And except for abortion, most of these services are being provided to people who have no health insurance or other means of obtaining them. So in fact Planned Parenthood is one of the only preventative health care providers in existence that serves the uninsured. Without them, these people would have to wait until their illnesses were life-threatening, and then go to an ER to get any form of health care at all. So Planned Parenthood saves lives, and saves people from a lot of unnecessary suffering by offering early screening and preventative health care services.

False, the local departments of health do all the same things you mentioned, the only thing they don't do that you listed is provide abortions.

Fool already pointed that out in this thread.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Ummm. I did it with no help from my family. Thank God, I had friends who were willing to babysit so that I didn't have to go on welfare. Granted, I did have to get aid for a short time when my daughter's father decided to quit his job so that he didn't have to support a child that wasn't living in his home. But, before that, I had the help of my friends and my church. And, my boss was great! Not only did he make sure that I made enough money to pay my bills, but he provided me with transportation to and from work since I lived between his house and work. Plus, he gave me raises as soon as the company allowed him to do so because he knew that I couldn't support my daughter fully on minimum wage.

People shouldn't have children if they can't support them. But, just because they can't financially support them doesn't mean that they should be allowed to kill their unborn children. If they can't support them, they should put them up for adoption.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sometimes. Not at a high rate, but then neither is planned parenthood.
Neither is PP a "high rate"?

They are murderers. You know what the military does with murderers? PP pays and praises theirs.

That you think the military is defined by its members that are murderers is sickening.

There's also plenty of accidental death plus the death and injury of the soldiers themselves.
And people die in car accidents. It's tragic. But it's not deliberately ending the life of an unborn child because mum doesn't want to miss school.

Life is precious to right wingers as long as it isn't born or wasn't born in the USA. (We could also talk about the treatment of undocumented immigrants.)
You'll talk about anything and everything rather than face up to the facts.

You can't have an honest conversation can you?
Not with you. :plain:

How about you cut the condescending lines right now?
No. You're a lying piece of trash dedicated to defending murderers and forcing your religion down people's throats.

It's not like your tax dollars have ever funded a military run by hawkish civilian leaders that think military intervention is the solution to everything.
What do you know of where my tax dollars go? :loser:

Not recently. There's also the problem of the USA offloading responsibility on civilian contractors, and they don't have to deal with things like court martial. They magically get sent home when they shoot up innocent people.
You're a liar.

Murderers in the army are likely judged far more harshly than civilian murderers. And murderers at PP are paid and praised.

It is possible to teach them that, but children are smart.
Yeah, that's why they are responsive to the truth. You, however, are as dumb as two bricks.

If she has to lose her job to take care of a new child when she already has three that may go hungry . . . maybe you should rethink your "analysis" for just a second.
Maybe she should murder her family rather than trying to support them?

No thanks.

How about you specify exactly how this is dishonest?
How about you read what I wrote? :loser:

You know what's interesting about this? You don't have any say in the matter. :chuckle:
I don't need a say in order to point out your lies and hypocrisy.

The presentation of facts can be deliberately deceptive regardless of how accurate they are.

you love the unborn children . . until they're born, then their parents need to get it together and support themselves. :dizzy:
Hypocrite. You think it's OK to murder unborn children.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 18th, 2013 06:00 AM

toldailytopic: What should be done with Planned Parenthood? Defund or continued support?

Defund, if the private sector wants to murder children, let them pay for their crime individually. Citizens should not be forced through taxation to support state sponsored murder.

eameece

I hope this site will soon redeem itself by fully restoring the priviledges of the most sensible person who posts here, Mr. PureX