toldailytopic: What do you suppose God thinks of the Catholic Church?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
That is the saddest thing I've read here in a long time.

Yes and no, for though God will not work openly [of course I am stating my opinion] for there is too much and too great falsehood in the Catholic church...it is IMPOSSIPLE for God to authenticate a lie, IMPOSSIBLE. Yet God LOVES to work secretly, some of His greatest work is done SECRETLY as in the secret work of yeast in bread.

The true protestant lover of Jesus will always recognise the true lovers of Jesus among the Catholissimos and there are many.

Krsto

what are you doing here?
if
you don't have an opinion on this

Speculation can be fun but it can also be a waste of time. Better to ask questions where we can find answers in the bible rather than speculate about what I would have God control. It tells us to what degree God controls things and the answer is he looks for people who will submit and obey and if they stop doing that he finds other people. If you want to walk according to God's will you will seek to be one of those people, not look for the oldest institution in Christendom and think you are being submissive and obediant to God if you do what that institution tells you.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Been taking in a men's group study on Sat. mornings.

This morning I learned that Christ asked Peter if he loved Him. Christ used agape for the word love and Peter in return said yes he loved Him but used Filia? or brotherly love.

The second time went the same but the third time Christ used the "brotherly" love term while Peter used the same.

After 67 years I learned something new about the bible today.

Did you know that that set of questions and answers went that way?

tWINs

Praise the Lord.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Speculation can be fun but it can also be a waste of time. Better to ask questions where we can find answers in the bible rather than speculate about what I would have God control. It tells us to what degree God controls things and the answer is he looks for people who will submit and obey and if they stop doing that he finds other people. If you want to walk according to God's will you will seek to be one of those people, not look for the oldest institution in Christendom and think you are being submissive and obediant to God if you do what that institution tells you.

God built His Church on a rock
so
you should be able to find it
unless
He could not or would not control it

which is it?
and
it could be important

Krsto

God built His Church on a rock
so
you should be able to find it
unless
He could not or would not control it

which is it?
and
it could be important

I answered this question in post #139. Did you read Acts 2 and following? It's all right there. Notice HOW Peter was a rock (as opposed to the wavering denyer of his Lord) after being filled with the Holy Spirit and power, and notice HOW God built his church on him on that day and following. Once you understand the HOW of these things you will understand HOW Peter fulfilled Jesus' prophecy of him being the rock on which he would build his church.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I answered this question in post #139. Did you read Acts 2 and following? It's all right there. Notice HOW Peter was a rock (as opposed to the wavering denyer of his Lord) after being filled with the Holy Spirit and power, and notice HOW God built his church on him on that day and following. Once you understand the HOW of these things you will understand HOW Peter fulfilled Jesus' prophecy of him being the rock on which he would build his church.

my answer is in the new testament

did you read that?

Krsto

Been taking in a men's group study on Sat. mornings.

This morning I learned that Christ asked Peter if he loved Him. Christ used agape for the word love and Peter in return said yes he loved Him but used Filia? or brotherly love.

The second time went the same but the third time Christ used the "brotherly" love term while Peter used the same.

After 67 years I learned something new about the bible today.

Did you know that that set of questions and answers went that way?

tWINs

I did. But then I'm a know-it-all so what would you expect?

Krsto

my answer is in the new testament

did you read that?

The rest of the NT does not answer how Jesus built his church on Peter, now does it? So why go where the answer isn't when you can read the answer right there in the book of Acts?

Do you not see the fulfillment of Jesus' prophecy on the Day of Pentecost and following? Any time you see Peter being a rock and the church being built on his ministry then you have your answer. What Paul, James, John and the rest did could not have happened had it not been for Peter and what he did on the Day of Pentecost. Whatever God does to use men today to build his church could not have happened had Jesus not built his church on Peter.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The rest of the NT does not answer how Jesus built his church on Peter, now does it? So why go where the answer isn't when you can read the answer right there in the book of Acts?

Do you not see the fulfillment of Jesus' prophecy on the Day of Pentecost and following? Any time you see Peter being a rock and the church being built on his ministry then you have your answer. What Paul, James, John and the rest did could not have happened had it not been for Peter and what he did on the Day of Pentecost. Whatever God does to use men today to build his church could not have happened had Jesus not built his church on Peter.

it does have a lot about Peter

his name was changed
he was asked to feed the sheep three times

why do you think his name was changed?
and
how is he supposed to feed the sheep?

Krsto

it does have a lot about Peter

his name was changed
he was asked to feed the sheep three times

why do you think his name was changed?
and
how is he supposed to feed the sheep?

Yes, the Gospels do say a lot about him, but most of the NT was written by Paul who doesn't say much about him.

It's interesting his name was changed to Peter even before he was anything but a rock when he denied his Lord like a coward so his new name was prophetic of a later time (which as I pointed out was fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost and following).

He was supposed to feed the sheep by preaching the truth to them. How else is a shepherd supposed to feed his sheep?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yes, the Gospels do say a lot about him, but most of the NT was written by Paul who doesn't say much about him.

It's interesting his name was changed to Peter even before he was anything but a rock when he denied his Lord like a coward so his new name was prophetic of a later time (which as I pointed out was fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost and following).

He was supposed to feed the sheep by preaching the truth to them. How else is a shepherd supposed to feed his sheep?

I don't see a Paul church anywhere
but
I do see a Peter church in every part of the world

feeding His sheep

Krsto

I don't see a Paul church anywhere
but
I do see a Peter church in every part of the world

feeding His sheep

How do you know those churches are feeding the sheep the truth and not stuff someone made up as they went? Like reinterpreting what Jesus meant by "on this rock I will build my church"?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
How do you know those churches are feeding the sheep the truth and not stuff someone made up as they went? Like reinterpreting what Jesus meant by "on this rock I will build my church"?

I don't know
but
I do know no other institution can make such a claim
and
I believe the Church has the same message regardless of the language

Cruciform

The first Christian denomination began as a sect.
It wasn't a "Christian denomination." It was Christianity (the Church) itself.

It describes it well enough.
Already answered.

The "Magisterium" keeps the laity uninformed through their guidance and teaching.
You have it exactly backwards. The Magisterium keeps the laity informed through its guidance and teaching.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Sometimes I wonder if God created the Catholic Church for those who need someone to tell them what to believe.
God has always told men what to believe---and he's done so through human agents and agencies. Likewise with Christ's own historic Church (Lk. 10:16; 1 Tim. 3:15). Sorry for your confusion.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+