toldailytopic: What do you suppose God thinks of the Catholic Church?

Krsto

I would say that any institution (whether protestant or catholic) that does not hold their leaders to the biblical standard (being of good reputation both inside and outside of the church) is going to have some explaining to do when they stand face to face with God.

The Roman Catholic church has had this type of crisis year after year after year and the inertia caused by their clinging to traditions make it very hard for its leaders to police themselves. (And then you have the Italian management style.. old boys club issues that exist both inside and outside the church in Italy.. I used to work as CTO of Agusta Aerospace so I have seen it first hand)

On the flip side, a sizable majority of Protestants have one man leadership shows that cause the same problem.

I have always viewed that clergy positions are only temporary and the clergy should be humble enough to realize that when they do certain things they have basically taken themselves out of leadership of the church... But since todays church leaders spend so much time in seminary, etc.. they are totally unprepared to do anything else from a living.. so they hang onto their clergy role to the detriment of the church.

That or they get involved in a young growing church and see the opportunity to get delivered from their crummy jobs and get paid to study the bible, teach 1 or 2 hours a week, and talk to people, then complain about what they have to deal with, but inside are so glad they don't have their old job and will do whatever it takes to stay there.

Krsto

God destroyed the second temple
and
there will not be a third one

And that somehow means if God isn't happy with an institution (assuming he created it in the first place) then he will change it rather than go elsewhere and find others who will be disciples of Christ?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
And that somehow means if God isn't happy with an institution (assuming he created it in the first place) then he will change it rather than go elsewhere and find others who will be disciples of Christ?

what would you have God control?
if
not His Church

HisServant

I have to question both your logic
and
your interpretation of scripture

Why.. certianly even you can see that the conduct coming out of the RCC throughout the ages is inconsistant with Jesus' teachings... and more in line with pre-christian roman paganism?

And the oldest church would have its roots in Jerusalem.. where Jesus taught, ministered, and died.. He also discipled Jews there. Jesus would be abhored of that fact that 'his church' is seated in the capital of the enemy of his chosen people... It just doesnt make any sense.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Why.. certianly even you can see that the conduct coming out of the RCC throughout the ages is inconsistant with Jesus' teachings... and more in line with pre-christian roman paganism?

And the oldest church would have its roots in Jerusalem.. where Jesus taught, ministered, and died.. He also discipled Jews there. Jesus would be abhored of that fact that 'his church' is seated in the capital of the enemy of his chosen people... It just doesnt make any sense.

did you hear about the new jerusalem?

Krsto

logic should tell you
that
you should be able to find His Church
if
He built it on a rock

Indeed. Why not look at Acts 2 and following to see HOW Peter was the Rock and HOW he fulfilled that prophecy he got from Jesus? Logic would tell you if Jesus' prophecy was fulfilled and recorded in the bible you would not need to look anywhere else.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Indeed. Why not look at Acts 2 and following to see HOW Peter was the Rock and HOW he fulfilled that prophecy he got from Jesus? Logic would tell you if Jesus' prophecy was fulfilled and recorded in the bible you would not need to look anywhere else.

so where is it?
if
not in Rome

Krsto

what would you have God control?
if
not His Church

What does it matter what I would have God control? Lucky for you, I'm not in charge here. :)

God doesn't "control", he finds people who will submit and obey. If they stop submitting and obeying, he goes elsewhere.