toldailytopic: What do you predict will happen on TOL in 2013?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Chrys will create a multitude of threads about destroying the Democrat party ... and unions ...

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
22979021.jpg

Christ's Word

But CW, you'd declared that a long time ago.

:think: Running out of descriptions? Anyway, I'm happy to be described similarly to the way you did those who died in that Colorado theater shooting shielding others.

Nearly makes my day.

I already challenged you on that one. Not one quote out of 22K. I think you had to go with reworking the English language and rules of logic to take the stab.

:e4e:

Or, you could tell the truth, and explain to everyone why your standards for heroes are almost as low as your standards for honesty. :dunce:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Or, you could tell the truth, and explain to everyone why your standards for heroes are almost as low as your standards for honesty. :dunce:
Certainly. I find the sacrifice of those who died in an attempt to shield others from harm to be an expression of love that can be matched, but not surpassed. I think that's selfless, brave and heroic.

I feel this way about it because I believe God and what he has to say about love in relation to others. John 15:13 And I see it in His own sacrifice. John 3:16

Who knows what you believe about love and sacrifice.

...the biggest misconception is that Jesus is God.

As for dishonesty, while I can't say that I've never told a lie I can say without fear of credible rebuttal that you won't find dishonesty in my conduct. You, on the other hand, have already failed to produce the words you placed in my mouth in your rather strained attempt to brand me with that description. And absent a reinvention of language you never will.

Good night, CW. :e4e:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There will be a continual flow of atheists, mockers,
know it alls, morons, crazies, false doctrines, false
preachers, untruths, totally insane posters, and false
prophets! Beyond that, there will be a small amount
of truth, discernment, spiritual and earthly logic, intelligent
statements, and a number of posters who share these
positive attributes!! "The more things change, the more
they remain the same!!"

resurrected

BANNED
Banned

CW, I watched you set him up, turn his own tactics and words back on him and walk him right into a trap. It was masterfully done.

And I watched it knowing that he'd never acknowledge it, never live up to his own definition, never have the honor to accept his own words.

I recognized it because it's a technique I've used in the past with other posters.

And other than satisfying my own amusment, it hasn't made a lick of difference.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
CW, I watched you set him up, turn his own tactics and words back on him and walk him right into a trap. It was masterfully done.
Well, I hadn't planned on us speaking again, but I think it's fair play to comment on you commenting on me. :D

Anyone who is so negatively invested in me that they could describe CW's fumblings as "masterful" is mostly my best revenge on themselves.

And I watched it knowing that he'd never acknowledge it, never live up to his own definition, never have the honor to accept his own words.
Good to know you agree with CW that every time we use a metaphor, something we know isn't literally true, we're liars. :rolleyes: Masterful.

You've redesigned the dictionary so that the definition of a lie no longer contains the necessity of an attempt to deceive.

Magnificent. Spitacular even. :poly:

Why?

You're about to add the answer.

I recognized it because it's a technique I've used in the past with other posters.
Yes. I don't doubt it. :D

But why would an essentially rational being do something like that?
And other than satisfying my own amusment, it hasn't made a lick of difference.
That's what I thought. From race baiting to this sort of nonsense. You do it because it amuses you. :plain:

Last edited:

Christ's Word

Well, I hadn't planned on us speaking again, but I think it's fair play to comment on you commenting on me. :D

Anyone who is so negatively invested in me that they could describe CW's fumblings as "masterful" is mostly my best revenge on themselves.

Good to know you agree with CW that every time we use a metaphor, something we know isn't literally true, we're liars. :rolleyes: Masterful.

You've redesigned the dictionary so that the definition of a lie no longer contains the necessity of an attempt to deceive.

Magnificent. Spitacular even. :poly:

Why?

You're about to add the answer.

Yes. I don't doubt it. :D

But why would an essentially rational being do something like that?

That's what I thought. From race baiting to this sort of nonsense. You do it because it amuses you. :plain:

Once again you ignore your own behavior. Using and posting untrue things to mislead other people in a very dishonest way.

Except that you won't acknowledge your deceptions, and simply pass them off as "fishing" or "reasoned inference", or any other label that would avoid the obvious label, honest people just call lies.

How much fishing (implying something that is not true), how many "reasoned inferences" to discredit someone that are just plain false, is one unemployed sleazy lawyer allowed?

Your standard for lying is so narrow, as to be insane. Your mother should have raised you better.

Christ's Word

Chrys will create a multitude of threads about destroying the Democrat party ... and unions ...

The unions seem to be doing a pretty good job at destroying themselves. They only represent about 8 percent of the private sector now, you know, the ones that actually produce things instead of leach off of those that produce.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Once again you ignore your own behavior. Using and posting untrue things to mislead other people in a very dishonest way.
Once again you declare in lieu. How about that quote you haven't found yet? (hint: it doesn't exist)

Except that you won't acknowledge your deceptions, and simply pass them off as "fishing" or "reasoned inference", or any other label that would avoid the obvious label, honest people just call lies.
Look, I know how much you hung on the hope that my saying I saw chrys was dragging you out of the red would be the lie you could use as a new drum to beat, but it just isn't. No one can see that sort of thing and your ignorance on the point isn't the thing that makes it an attempt to deceive you.

How much fishing (implying something that is not true),
It wasn't implying. It was literally stating something that wasn't true, as is, "My, aren't you clever?" but neither are a lie.

Your standard for lying is so narrow, as to be insane.
You think a dictionary is too narrow and insane. Noted. :plain:

Your mother should have raised you better.
Thanks for underlying your want of character more particularly and for the second time.

He's a squalid creature. Best to avoid him.
Cowardly ongoing sniping and fanning while posturing as something else previously noted, but thanks for the underscore. :thumb:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Feel free to post such examples.

Because *you* are the authority on "honest people" ... :plain:

How much fishing (implying something that is not true), how many "reasoned inferences" to discredit someone that are just plain false, is one unemployed sleazy lawyer allowed?

Your standard for lying is so narrow, as to be insane. Your mother should have raised you better.

Oh yay ... more mean-spirited, intentionally misleading projections by the poster known as Christ's Word.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I predict that in 2013 TOL will become the forum of utopia.

No harsh words or anger, only sugary sweetness ... like the cyber version of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood Meets the Net.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nah...We'll collect some new nitwits and the forum will become more colorful. :chuckle:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Rusha said:
I predict that in 2013 TOL will become the forum of utopia.

No harsh words or anger, only sugary sweetness ... like the cyber version of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood Meets the Net.

Can we all hold hands and sing Kumbaya? :chuckle: