toldailytopic: What are some of God's most prominent attributes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firon

Oh! The beauty of Christ in His holiness!

Oh! The beauty of Christ in His holiness!

His holiness is His most delightful attribute to His people because His holiness permeates all His attributes. In all His attributes, He is holy and when we have been promised that He will conform us to His image, it is His holiness which is most desirable.

EXECELLENT TOPIC, KNIGHT! THANKS!

bybee

. . . do you rule out the possibility that you are?

. . . I think what any of us think is irrelevant . . . :).

. . . as he thinketh in his heart . . . so is he . . . Proverbs 23:7.

. . . since tomorrow is so uncertain.

I test my status regularly. So far I still believe that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. 2 + 2 = 4. Counting backwards from 100 by 7's is still slow going.
What I think is relevant to me. It enables me to enter into dialogue with you.
Once, many years ago as I considered ending my miserable existence, a thought occurred to me, it is very likely that tomorrow shall come and I may feel differently then.
I loved Scarlet O'Hara's famous statement at the end of Gone with the Wind.

warren clark

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 12th, 2011 09:32 AM

toldailytopic: What are some of God's most prominent attributes?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

1. Invisibility
2. bi-polar disorder
KILL YOUR SON! NEVERMIND I LOVE YOU! I KILL YOU! I LOVE YOU! I KILL YOU! I LOVE YOU! I KILL MY OWN SON! I LOVE YOU! ILL BE BACK TO KILL YOU! I LOVE YOU STILL THOUGH!

PS Its not Blasphemy to the people that don't believe. <3
Take a step outside of the box and look from the outside in!

Last edited:

Silent Hunter

I test my status regularly. So far I still believe that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. 2 + 2 = 4. Counting backwards from 100 by 7's is still slow going.
. . . all testable . . . not so . . . your particular version of . . . god.

What I think is relevant to me.
. . . or so you think.

It enables me to enter into dialogue with you.
. . . or what you imagine you're thinking.

Once, many years ago as I considered ending my miserable existence, a thought occurred to me, it is very likely that tomorrow shall come and I may feel differently then.
. . . life is meaningless . . . your fear of death prevents you from making this profound realization.

I loved Scarlet O'Hara's famous statement at the end of Gone with the Wind.
"Oh, I can't think about that now. I'll go crazy if I do, I . . . I'll think about it tomorrow. I must think about it. I must think about it. What is there to do? What is there that matters?"

pqmomba8

The answer, my friend, is that we are not always loving. In fact, many of us are hardly loving ever.
Density exists in all sorts of crowds!

Sorry, no capice.......at least as far as the context of my question goes. May be it's me who is dense, but I thought my question is pretty straight forward. I'll try again - how do you reconcile "Infinitely loving God" with the suffering of little, innocent children?

eameece

Wisdom, Knowledge, Understanding, Love, Power, Joy, Life.
Changelessness, Boundlessness, Peace, Beauty, Truth, Order, Harmony, Principle, Law.
Eternal Spirit, creative energy, consciousness.

eameece

Sorry, no capice.......at least as far as the context of my question goes. May be it's me who is dense, but I thought my question is pretty straight forward. I'll try again - how do you reconcile "Infinitely loving God" with the suffering of little, innocent children?

God is adventureous. God is having fun. He wants a game, a story, an artwork. There is no good story without a problem, mystery or villain. It's OK if there is suffering, because there is no death. That is the step in consciousness an atheist or materialist can't take. We learn from suffering.

God is acting through us. We are His children and we are free beings. We have taken on an adventure. Within that adventure, there are problems, both outside us and within us. The challenge is to master our demons, mostly demons within, which are the source of our evil and suffering. That way we grow.

Try getting stronger without heavy weights. Try getting smarter without puzzles and inquiring into the unknown. Life without challenge and growth would be a bore; the ultimate "liberal program" a lot of you guys complain about. Everything just provided on a silver platter. The ultimate welfare state.

That's the best I can do for now. It may not be adequate. :)

John Mortimer

I'd give it a listen, sure....

The answer to the question you ask requires concepts that go way beyond those of a traditional religion like Christianity. Is it more the God of Christianity you want to establish as incongruent with infinite love rather than any concept of God per se?

eameece

Atheists and materialists go wrong on this question by admitting the idea of death. Religious people go wrong on this question by separating God from humans and the world.

john w

Hall of Fame
The #1 attribute, most cited in the book-His holiness. The LORD God cannot, and will not, "love" anyone into His presence. And this explains "religion." "Check it out," per Acts 17:11.

bybee

. . . all testable . . . not so . . . your particular version of . . . god.

. . . or so you think.

. . . or what you imagine you're thinking.

. . . life is meaningless . . . your fear of death prevents you from making this profound realization.

"Oh, I can't think about that now. I'll go crazy if I do, I . . . I'll think about it tomorrow. I must think about it. I must think about it. What is there to do? What is there that matters?"

I am, therefore, I matter, and so do you.

Status
Not open for further replies.