toldailytopic: TIME Magazine names Obama as the Person of the Year. Who would be your

CoachZe

Tim Tebow!

Decent, Christian and he's contributed to Missionary efforts. There isn't and evil bone in his body.
Yeahhh, no. There are people who spent a better part of their entire life doing mission work. Tim Tebow plays with a ball for a living.

Buzzword

Given that E.L. James and that "Gang-nam Style" guy were nominated, it's a miracle someone who has actually contributed something positive and non-lame to the world got the nod.

That said, Miss Yousafzai should have won, if the TIME gods followed any real logic.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Obama? I wonder what their reasoning is.

You can't be serious. Time is a left wing liberal media outlet, and more or less an extension of the White House PR. The same as the rest of the liberal "media".

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
True, but not quite as much unrelentingly viscious press as did GWBush.
He'd be my third modern choice, but very few people are still going after him now. With Clinton the attacks and anger were so invested that you were hearing them through eight years of Bush Jr. on top of the vitriol during his administration. And no one actually impeached Bush during his administration.

Wow, this is seriously as close as I've come to neg repping someone in a looooong time....

:plain:
Yes, yes. Justin? You? Wouldn't be caught dead with a best of compilation. No...and Ricky Martin, what a ladies man.

Alate_One

I can see that. But he's also had more negative nonsense and viciousness aimed at him than even Clinton had and I never thought I'd live to see that happen. I mean he had everything from his faith to his citizenship questioned. And recently IK alerted us to the latest infotainment defamation in the form of questioning his sexuality.

You can keep any laurel that comes dripping with that.
Have to agree with this, but the Justin Beiber remark . . . :nono:

The choice of Obama seems a bit generic to me, not that I think he hasn't mostly done good things for the country. I'm with the rest of you for Malala Yousafzai, a truly courageous young woman.

Andy Borowitz did a funny blog posting about how Mitt Romney was named Time's man of the year 1912. :p

In an extraordinary gesture of recognition for a losing Presidential nominee, Time magazine today named former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney Man of the Year 1912.

In a press release explaining its decision, Time’s editorial board wrote, “Even though his quest for the Presidency was unsuccessful, Mr. Romney’s ideas about foreign policy, taxation, wealth inequality, and women’s rights typified the year 1912 as no one else has.”

In giving Mr. Romney the nod, Time said that he beat out such other candidates for Man of the Year 1912 as Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany, and Edward Smith, captain of the Titanic.

“It was very close between Romney and the Titanic guy, but we gave it to Romney because it took him slightly longer to sink,” Time wrote.

Mr. Romney could not be reached for comment, a spokesman said, because he was travelling around the world visiting his money.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blo...e-names-mitt-romney-man-of-the-year-1912.html

rexlunae

I can see that. But he's also had more negative nonsense and viciousness aimed at him than even Clinton had and I never thought I'd live to see that happen. I mean he had everything from his faith to his citizenship questioned. And recently IK alerted us to the latest infotainment defamation in the form of questioning his sexuality.

You can keep any laurel that comes dripping with that.

I was kinda expecting some of that to fall off after he was first elected, but it only intensified. Now that he's been reelected, either it will go away, or we'll head for impeachment again. I wonder what the pretext will be this time.

WizardofOz

Three months after she was shot in the head for daring to say girls should be able to get an education, a 15-year-old Pakistani hugged her nurses and smiled as she walked out of a Birmingham hospital.

Malala Yousufzai waved to a guard and smiled shyly as she cautiously strode down the hospital corridor talking to nurses in images released Friday by the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham.

“She is quite well and happy on returning home — as we all are,” Malala’s father, Ziauddin, told The Associated Press.

Malala, who was released Thursday, will live with her parents and two brothers in Britain while she continues to receive treatment. She will be admitted again in the next month for another round of surgery to rebuild her skull.

Experts have been optimistic that Malala, who was airlifted from Pakistan in October to receive specialized medical care, has a good chance of recovery because the brains of teenagers are still growing and can better adapt to trauma.

The Taliban targeted Malala because of her relentless objection to the group’s regressive interpretation of Islam that limits girls’ access to education. She was shot while returning home from school in Pakistan’s scenic Swat Valley on Oct. 9.

Her case won worldwide recognition, and the teen became a symbol for the struggle for women’s rights in Pakistan. In an indication of her reach, she made the shortlist for Time magazine’s “Person of the Year” for 2012.
source

May she recover quickly and fully. :thumb:

nijjhar

Man of the year

Man of the year

Hi Brethren,

Politicians and the Dog-Collared Priests are the best hypocrites who will deliver the best sugar-coated sermons that kill.

A person is a hypocrite or blasphmer if he says from his mouth that is not in his heart.

In Jesus, He being not the moral Teacher like John, the Baptist, but a spiritual Preacher, sins, a transgression against the moral laws does not count but transgression against the Holy Spirit, the Blasphemy and hypocricy counts and these are not forgiveable as the sins are by the Priest Rabbis who make exceptions. Remember, the woman caught in adultery which the immoral Jews have organised and then blamed the woman. Here, Jesus asked them to search their own hearts before accusing her of adultery. Sins like adultery are forgiveable but not going against what they were hiding in their hearts. And that was what Christ Jesus being the Omniscent Son of God was writing on sand for them to read for themselves. So, they run away one after the other knowing that Blasphemy is not forgiveable.

Therefore, His Word or Gospel has no exceptions and no forgiveness. Saul committed sins in persecuting the Church of God under ignorance represented by the thickness of scales that came off his eyes after Four Days of Fasting for remission of Sins. Remember Christ Thomas said, "Why should I fast, what sin have I committed; and why should I pray, what wrong have I done".

So, in Jesus, it is our duty to expose the hypocrites and not lay stress on sins. Take for example, a Jew is one who is inwardly and not outwardly. Or Jew is not our physical body but the spiritual self of heart. This is known to most but hardly anyone knows that not a single Jew died during the holocuast but the people of Levi, Juda, benjamin, etc tribes that were born and died. The same applies to Sikh, Muslim, Hindu, etc, they are spiritual selves that are not born and die but the tribal selves. People can stop fighting among each other if they are made to realise this simple Gospel that my late father applied to turn 2000 Mohammedans from enemy to our best friends in Allah during the 1947 Partition of India created by the greatest hypocrite politicians that people worship as their great leaders. Bloodshed in the Middle east is created by politicians to generate votes. No love of humanity but for the cheap popularity among the once-born stones, simpletons.

Messianic Jews Judaised the Church of God and messed up with the Gospel by joining the old rotten useless Cloth full of holes with the Brand New Cloth, Gospel, that you receive direct from our Father. Many corruptions. Watch my videos or go to my website to vet me in spirit.

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 19th, 2012 09:51 AM

toldailytopic: TIME Magazine names Obama as the Person of the Year. Who would be your pick for Person of the Year?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Last edited:

IMJerusha

Messianic Jews Judaised the Church of God and messed up with the Gospel by joining the old rotten useless Cloth full of holes with the Brand New Cloth, Gospel, that you receive direct from our Father. Many corruptions. Watch my videos or go to my website to vet me in spirit.

Thank you sir, but I believe I will pass on your invitation. You see, when one fails to follow the commandments that Yeshua stated summed up all of the rest of God's, that one individual has nothing to teach me. I will, however, find it in my heart to pray for you that you hear the Truth and believe it.

Last edited: