toldailytopic: Should the Boy Scouts be forced to change their anti-gay policy?

fool

Hall of Fame
I believe he is referencing Knight as "the most interesting man in the world".

Prolly cause that's his avatar (I suspect)
Aurther Brain is an alpaca with a monocle hence some eyesight gaffs which mostly turn out to be funny so no harm.
Unless he wants to see your flower garden in which case tell him it's busy and as always if Gerald offers you a drink you're not thirsty.

bybee

Aurther Brain is an alpaca with a monocle hence some eyesight gaffs which mostly turn out to be funny so no harm.
Unless he wants to see your flower garden in which case tell him it's busy and as always if Gerald offers you a drink you're not thirsty.

...and I have packed away my etchings so no danger there...:chuckle:

Arthur Brain

Well sir, my eyesight is still sufficient enough to notice an incorrect spelling of my forename. As to the rest.....let me refocus a second. Something about rhododendrons and communist manifestos?

(Seaweed?)

:plain:

fool

Hall of Fame
Well sir, my eyesight is still sufficient enough to notice an incorrect spelling of my forename.
As would be a spellcheker if I bothered with one.

As to the rest.....let me refocus a second. Something about rhododendrons and communist manifestos?
Sure, why knot, both seem common enough rhododenderons most likley being one of those plants my wife is always making me dig up and move as though they had done something wrong where they were and communist manifestos being most of the deductions column of my paycheck sure.

I'll thank you in advance for not bringing up the abysmal condition of the bird baths on my south lawn which is totally my fault. (see, I admitted it)

(Seaweed?)
Why, you holdin?

: Plain :

: fancy :

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Eagle Scout Challenges Boy Scouts' Anti-Gay Policy With Petition

http://gma.yahoo.com/eagle-scout-ch...ay-policy-162046121--abc-news-topstories.html
Should the Boy Scouts change their anti gay policy in response to this? Absolutely not. They are a private organization. It is their constitutional right to say who and who cannot join.

As has been said, the Boy Scouts is a organization that shapes young lives for the future. They don't need to be molding young perverts. Perverts are the last people that need to be near children.

There is a certain greediness to the homosexual movement. They want their hands in every pie, even if that 'pie' wasn't fashioned for them. They take and never give. They rob others of their freedom of association in their pursuit of cultural dominance. The gay movement is like that smelly annoying neighbor that shows up at every event. He even wants to stink up America's private organizations like the Boy Scouts.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Should the Boy Scouts change their anti gay policy in response to this? Absolutely not. They are a private organization. It is their constitutional right to say who and who cannot join.

As has been said, the Boy Scouts is a organization that shapes young lives for the future. They don't need to be molding young perverts. Perverts are the last people that need to be near children.

There is a certain greediness to the homosexual movement. They want their hands in every pie, even if that 'pie' wasn't fashioned for them. They take and never give. They rob others of their freedom of association in their pursuit of cultural dominance. The gay movement is like that smelly annoying neighbor that shows up at every event. He even wants to stink up America's private organizations like the Boy Scouts.

How exactly would they be doing that if the policy changed?

Arthur Brain

As would be a spellcheker if I bothered with one.

I have one but it's set to 'American spelling' - or in other words 'lets all hate the letter u...'

Sure, why knot, both seem common enough rhododenderons most likley being one of those plants my wife is always making me dig up and move as though they had done something wrong where they were and communist manifestos being most of the deductions column of my paycheck sure.

Ah, so you're a flower arranger eh? Who'd have thought? :roses:

Most of my deductions come from being mugged....which may still share a common cause. :plain:

I'll thank you in advance for not bringing up the abysmal condition of the bird baths on my south lawn which is totally my fault. (see, I admitted it)

I won't dream of bringing the subject up sir, apart from now. Clean em' out you lazy so and so....

Why, you holdin?

More like droppin....

: fancy :

You should adopt that....

:plain:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How exactly would they be doing that if the policy changed?
I don't think that's a stretch at all.

The truth is.... homosexuals are perverts and when you allow a pervert to be in a position of leadership you are affirming that perversion. You are saying to the children.... it's okay to be gay... see you can even become a troop leader.

Furthermore... homosexual's tend to be very aggressive about their agenda. As we have seen a BILLION times over. I have no doubt that at least a large percentage of them would be sending a subtle message to the kids about how it's okay to be a fag.

Furthermore, & furthermore again.... while it's true not all homosexuals are pedophiles a vastly larger percentage of them are pedophiles than heterosexuals. You may want to roll the dice with your kids, but I don't want to take that chance with my kids.

If after all of this you are still dead set on having homosexuals go camping with your kids I'm sure you could find some queers that will take your kids out for a few nights alone in a tent.

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
From The Pink Swastika, Homosexualization of America, Scouts Under Siege:

" Fortunately, America’s version of the Wandervoegel, the Boy Scouts of America, has largely been spared the problems associated with its German cousin. This can be attributed to its commitment to Judeo-Christian ideals as represented in its pledge to be “reverent toward God” (Hillcourt:10). Still, the number of homosexuals that have infiltrated the organization is alarming. From 1973 to 1993 over 1,416 scout leaders were expelled for sexually abusing boys (The Washington Times, June 15, 1993).
Beginning in 1991 and continuing to the present time, the Boy Scouts have been targeted by “gay rights” militants for their policy against allowing homosexuals to be scout leaders. An ostensibly “spontaneous” outcry against the Boy Scouts arose across the country, led by the once-venerable United Way agency, which pulled its funding from the Scouts in various cities. United Way’s funding withdrawal was quickly followed by other homosexual-controlled or co-opted entities including Levi Strauss, Wells Fargo, Seafirst Bank and Bank of America (which later reversed itself) (Oregonian, July 11, 1992). Self-admitted lesbian, Roberta Achtenberg, then serving on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, led a campaign to coerce the Bank of America into support for the homosexuals’ demands. Shortly thereafter, Achtenberg was appointed Assistant Secretary for the Department of Housing and Urban Development (Los Angeles Times, January 29, 1993), one of more than two dozen homosexuals appointed to high-level posts in the Clinton Administration (Grant, 1993:107).
In the streets, the Boy Scouts was mocked by “Queer Scouts, a focus group of Queer Nation” (Bay Area Reporter, August 1, 1991), while homosexualists at the highest levels of government attempted to intimidate the organization into submission. Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders used her post to castigate Scout officials (U.S.A. Today, June 2, 1994) and Interior Secretary Bruce Babbitt signed an order prohibiting Boy Scouts from volunteering in national parks (The Washington Times, May 28, 1993). In San Francisco and San Diego the Boy Scouts were barred from operating day programs in the public schools (San Francisco Chronicle, September 14, 1991) and in San Diego, city officials launched an investigation of the Scouts under its legal powers to prevent “discrimination” against homosexuals (San Francisco Chronicle, October 18, 1992).
So far the Boy Scouts have withstood the onslaught, but late in 1992 the organization received a letter from NAMBLA predicting that it will eventually succumb to homosexual demands. The letter is addressed to Ben Love, Chief Scout Executive, Boy Scouts of America, and was published in the NAMBLA Bulletin, November, 1992:..."
http://www.defendthefamily.com/pfrc/books/pinkswastika/html/Chapter9.htm

Educating the uninformed, that's what I do.

Wile E. Coyote

I don't think that's a stretch at all.

The truth is.... homosexuals are perverts and when you allow a pervert to be in a position of leadership you are affirming that perversion. You are saying to the children.... it's okay to be gay... see you can even become a troop leader.

Furthermore... homosexual's tend to be very aggressive about their agenda. As we have seen a BILLION times over. I have now doubt that at least a large percentage of them would be sending a subtle message to the kids about how it's okay to be a fag.

Furthermore, furthermore.... while it's true not all homosexuals are pedophiles a vastly larger percentage of them are pedophiles than heterosexuals. You may want to roll the dice with your kids, but I don't want to take that chance with my kids.

If after all of this you are still dead set on having homosexuals go camping with your kids I'm sure you could find some queers that will take your kids out for a few nights alone in a tent.
:up:

Real Sorceror

I think Granite and Fool have already expressed my opinions on this subject better than I could have.

The Girl Scouts already changed their policies to allow for transgender kids to join. I wouldn't be surprised if the Boy Scouts eventually make their own changes.

highlife

You want to teach anti-gun laws (which I am vehemently opposed to) at gun point? :think:

Thats what liberals do, if they were able to get guns banned they would use guns to enforce such laws (ATF, FBI, etc). Its total hypocracy so its hard to take anything else they say seriously.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Unless I've missed it, the boy scouts have been silent on the issue.......... @ least on TOL :think:
They're probably afraid we'd make fun of their outfits. After what we did to the mountain bikers they must be wary.