toldailytopic: Psychic readings: Scam? Something worse? Or do some people actually ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quincy

I agree completely dude, and thanks for the assist.

As skeptical as I was (and am, about most things), I cannot deny the reality of what I've experienced, much as I'd prefer to.

You're more than welcome, sir :e4e: . I'd wager I'm just about as skeptical as you about most things so I know where you're coming from. I had my experiences while out trying to debunk other people's claims so what can I say? At least I went out and tried to debunk it. I just happened to get an incorporeal singe or three on my chest that my friend also saw from what might have been a female spectre. :idunno: Kind of kinky though in a way :chuckle: .

I think maybe people can't grasp why we don't see ghosts as justifiable proof for the bible's ambiguous and superstitious statements. That pretty much explains itself though. I guess they also wonder why aren't we afraid to admit an experience that doesn't have scientific evidence to back it up. People mocked Galileo at some point in history because of their own illusions of certainty but at some point science caught up with him.

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
These details would constitute proof to me as long as they were not eleicited from you OR were not a part of several details some of which were "misses".

If the wedding takes place on the Mt Washington maybe I am already invited -- that's why I am headed there. Hope to see that dancing bear in a white dress.

Again, she's not the type of stereotypical psychic you're imagining, and she doesn't call herself one. "Lori" approached my wife (they're co-workers) and said she'd been approached by a fellow (who subsequently matched my grandfather's description to a T) who wanted Lori to get in touch with me. I'd only met Lori once, in passing, and barely remembered her. So either she managed somehow to do a hell of an amount of research into my family, my wife's, and made some extremely good guesses, or...or, well. Ya know.

There's a rational explanation for a lot of things, I get that. But in this scenario, "Lori" had no reason to lie, has asked for nothing, and, more than that, she's been right. This isn't a matter of her sitting me down and shooting nonstop questions at me Crossing Over style. I like to think I have a pretty good BS Detector.

From there, the three of us had sessions at our home, and from there, specters began to appear, and voices as well.

Portland, Maine. Sorry bud.

Thunder's Muse

Not that Granite needs any backup, but I can say I've experienced many paranormal things myself. I don't doubt what he is saying at all. I've seen orbs I couldn't debunk, I've been "scratched" by an incorporeal entity or perhaps better to say singed, and I've had a medium give me detailed directions and landmarks to find my way through a forest to find three objects that there is no way she could have known were there since she has never been to the US. and yes I've met the woman personally in Canada and I know she has never been to the US, especially where I live.

I can't speak for Granite but I think he might agree when I say I don't need to prove it to anyone. I know what I experienced and quite frankly I don't expect anyone who hasn't experienced it to believe me. I will however ask that people actually go do a few months or years of research in the field to be able to validate their skepticism instead of playing armchair quarterback on an internet forum where there is no chance him or I could convince you of anything.

Great post.

I feel much the same way. I have experienced many things...and you and I have know each other long enough to know what I'm talking about. I don't expect anyone to believe me but I know what I've experienced and that's enough for me.

zippy2006

Some people do have such skills. I've seen it firsthand.

Interesting, I've read and heard many reliable people say such things.

I am open to the idea that there is an immaterial realm that we, as creatures with an immaterial aspect, can access. Couldn't say much more :idunno:. Obviously the vast majority is malarky.

rainee

Gerald,
I've unsubscribed to this thread so if you say anything to me here I won't see it. (But I had nothing to say to what you said really anyway
so you are spared any more gobbledygook than what you see here already :rotfl: )

Status
Not open for further replies.