toldailytopic: Predictions for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
So you can't even get the dues right. :chuckle:

You're right; if you're a dues paying member of NAMBLA and/or Planned Parenthood, the initiation fee to the ACLU is free. My apologies counselor.

I predict that you're going to say any number of humorous things in 2011, though sadly not when you mean to...and by sadly I mean, of course, for you. :D

More about "the wedding":

I foresee P-66 and her groom/bride (I get these homosexual weddings mixed up, I suspect the bride is the one that wears the dress?) will be asking Bishop Gene Robinson (aka Vicky Imogene Robinson...mommy and daddy wanted a girl, but instead "created" a homosexual male) to wed them. I also suspect that P-66 will be jealous, as Gene's dress will most likely be more glamorous than his.

Sitting on the brides side, in the front row well be Granite and his "guest". Across the aisle will be Arthur Brain, who will be exchanging "optimistic glances" with Granite that say "Polygamy will be next".

Sitting several rows back will be bybee, who will be weeping with tears of joy at the "beauty" of the bride (even though most in the crowd agree that his "5 o'clock shadow" doesn't go with his dress).

In the back row is Town Heretic and Lighthouse, who are arguing whose glasses make them look more intellectual (Town Heretic doesn't wear glasses, but the Robert Redford hair just wasn't good enough when it came to that intellectual look). Lighthouse wasn't invited to the wedding, but was passing by and thought that a "wannabe intellectual convention" was taking place inside, and entered (oops!).

Outside of the virtual building are Knight and Bob Enyart, who are awaiting a court order for a last minute injunction filed by our friends at the Thomas More Law Center.

Next to them is aSeattleConserv and Inzl Kett, who are discussing whether a SWAT team or a detachment of Navy Seals should storm the virtual building and send the sexual deviants to either jail or a mental institution.

Oh, and up in the balcony is Nydhogg, who is oblivious to the world around him, as he is as hiiiiiiiiiigh as a kite on dope.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How petty are you?

And do you have a clue what it means that it's been a week? You don't think something has changed in that week?

It appears that for 2011 Lighthouse has given up calling people "morons", and now calls everyone "liar" instead.

bybee

Now

Now

You're right; if you're a dues paying member of NAMBLA and/or Planned Parenthood, the initiation fee to the ACLU is free. My apologies counselor.

I foresee P-66 and her groom/bride (I get these homosexual weddings mixed up, I suspect the bride is the one that wears the dress?) will be asking Bishop Gene Robinson (aka Vicky Imogene Robinson...mommy and daddy wanted a girl, but instead "created" a homosexual male) to wed them. I also suspect that P-66 will be jealous, as Gene's dress will most likely be more glamorous than his.

Sitting on the brides side, in the front row well be Granite and his "guest". Across the aisle will be Arthur Brain, who will be exchanging "optimistic glances" with Granite that say "Polygamy will be next".

Sitting several rows back will be bybee, who will be weeping with tears of joy at the "beauty" of the bride (even though most in the crowd agree that his "5 o'clock shadow" doesn't go with his dress).

In the back row is Town Heretic and Lighthouse, who are arguing whose glasses make them look more intellectual (Town Heretic doesn't wear glasses, but the Robert Redford hair just wasn't good enough when it came to that intellectual look). Lighthouse wasn't invited to the wedding, but was passing by and thought that a "wannabe intellectual convention" was taking place inside, and entered (oops!).

Outside of the virtual building are Knight and Bob Enyart, who are awaiting a court order for a last minute injunction filed by our friends at the Thomas More Law Center.

Next to them is aSeattleConserv and Inzl Kett, who are discussing whether a SWAT team or a detachment of Navy Seals should storm the virtual building and send the sexual deviants to either jail or a mental institution.

Oh, and up in the balcony is Nydhogg, who is oblivious to the world around him, as he is as hiiiiiiiiiigh as a kite on dope.

I weep tears of sadness at the hardness of your heart.

Arthur Brain

Hmm. Well it takes a dope to come up with this fevered gibberish that's for sure so if there's drugs involved, they're either the ones you lifted as a vice cop, or rather more realistically the ones you've used to hallucinate that you're actually part of law enforcement to begin with.

And yet further we have more crass sexual innuendo in regards to Granite and others on here from the resident gimp. Who else is amazed at such a development? Following this we have yet more obnoxious bile towards Bybee who has more decency and honesty in her toenails than you.

Where it comes to TH and LH then I wager TH's glasses are more intellectual than both you and LH combined (Oh, and lets not forget SD either)

Oh, and where it comes to talk of SWAT teams and Navy Seals then what would you know about either and appropriate response anyway? Neither would be remotely interested in any sort of wedding you gormless goon. You're such a plank that you confused a tour of duty in the sandbox with incarceration behind bars in a jail! Remember that?

In fact it bears repeating. ASC thinks a tour of duty in the sandbox means being locked up!

And we're supposed to believe that a doofus like you is a cop? :rotfl:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hmm, nope, wouldn't help me then, were I inclined to contribute.

Now, merely out of curiosity, what kind of discount do you get on linen with your Klan card down at Bed, Bath & Beyond Idiotic?

Ah, kid...what you don't know... Well, it's just about everything, isn't it. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...And what supposed emotion was this? Let me guess; anger? That isn't how I express my anger. And the people on TOL who have made me angry have not been called idiots, morons, etc. when they've done so.
You said anger. I didn't...but whenever anyone reacts that dramatically it's a mask for something. Most people project their best selves and fear their worst, attempt to compensate by overplaying their strengths to hide a weakness, or their perception of one. It's human nature. If you're lucky, you worry about that less and less as you get older, discard the baggage and accept yourself whole cloth, then work on patching the frays.

Well, that explains why he challenges you, but why do you retaliate and claim it's to show yourself to be better than he, when it does no such thing?
I didn't say that either. I said indecency should be met and that doing it humorously is a fine form of censure. You want to upset the emperor? Point out that he's naked in a crowd.

Do you need a tissue?
Nope, though I might need my head examined for attempting to explain myself to you when we both know you aren't really asking questions, only punctuating the pause before you declare again.

I don't care what you think.
So you keep saying. And I'll say what I always do. More's the pity, kid.

Your interactions with ASC say otherwise.
No, they don't. But then you come into this with your own reasons for seeing it otherwise, don't you? The same reasons that had you jump at the opportunity to attempt to upbraid me and they have nothing to do with helping someone whose opinion doesn't mean anything to you.

By the way, that's you being hoisted by your own...:thumb:

Probably because you're full of yourself.
Nah. I just have a problem with bullies, racists, etc. I don't suffer them gladly...or at all, comes to it.

There's an important difference between understanding you're stronger than another fellow and thinking that makes you a better human being. There's grace and there's everything else. The everything else is only important between men.

Now if you mean to suggest a vanity I've rather broadly admitted to, frequently note and in the same sort of manner with which I poke others, okay. It's a work in progress. How's yours going? :D

:e4e:

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Hmm. Well it takes a dope to come up with this fevered gibberish that's for sure so if there's drugs involved, they're either the ones you lifted as a vice cop, or rather more realistically the ones you've used to hallucinate that you're actually part of law enforcement to begin with.

And yet further we have more crass sexual innuendo in regards to Granite and others on here from the resident gimp. Who else is amazed at such a development? Following this we have yet more obnoxious bile towards Bybee who has more decency and honesty in her toenails than you.

Where it comes to TH and LH then I wager TH's glasses are more intellectual than both you and LH combined (Oh, and lets not forget SD either)

Oh, and where it comes to talk of SWAT teams and Navy Seals then what would you know about either and appropriate response anyway? Neither would be remotely interested in any sort of wedding you gormless goon. You're such a plank that you confused a tour of duty in the sandbox with incarceration behind bars in a jail! Remember that?

In fact it bears repeating. ASC thinks a tour of duty in the sandbox means being locked up!

And we're supposed to believe that a doofus like you is a cop? :rotfl:

Is it just me, or does it make you wonder what kind of a warped and perverted mind comes up with the lunacy that he spews?

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I predict that I'm going to work a lot of overtime and spend the money earned on something rather frivolous.

Did I mention I'm scheduled for 16 hours OT this week?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It appears that for 2011 Lighthouse has given up calling people "morons", and now calls everyone "liar" instead.
And you would be wrong. I've made no resolutions. I've given nothing up, at least not for the reason of it being a new year.

You said anger. I didn't...but whenever anyone reacts that dramatically it's a mask for something. Most people project their best selves and fear their worst, attempt to compensate by overplaying their strengths to hide a weakness, or their perception of one. It's human nature. If you're lucky, you worry about that less and less as you get older, discard the baggage and accept yourself whole cloth, then work on patching the frays.
Masks and patches are for those who care. And I'm pretty sure my weaknesses outweigh my strengths. And when I call a moron a moron it's not a dramatic reaction. I save my drama for Shakespeare.

I didn't say that either. I said indecency should be met and that doing it humorously is a fine form of censure. You want to upset the emperor? Point out that he's naked in a crowd.
The only person I see getting upset here is you. ASC doesn't care what you think about him. So, again, why do you continue?

Nope, though I might need my head examined for attempting to explain myself to you when we both know you aren't really asking questions, only punctuating the pause before you declare again.
Actually I'm asking the questions it seems you should be asking yourself. So, you are correct that I'm not actually looking for you to answer me.

So you keep saying. And I'll say what I always do. More's the pity, kid.
It's only pitiful if your opinion was worth caring about. You've never shown me it is.

No, they don't. But then you come into this with your own reasons for seeing it otherwise, don't you? The same reasons that had you jump at the opportunity to attempt to upbraid me and they have nothing to do with helping someone whose opinion doesn't mean anything to you.

By the way, that's you being hoisted by your own...:thumb:
No. All I did was ask you why you react to him as you do, rather than ignoring what he has to say, as you claim to not be bothered by it [unless you actually do care what he thinks of you].

Nah. I just have a problem with bullies, racists, etc. I don't suffer them gladly...or at all, comes to it.
I always preferred to walk away, when I could. Because it's not worth it.

There's an important difference between understanding you're stronger than another fellow and thinking that makes you a better human being.
What does it say about one who has to prove it every chance? Who are they trying to prove it to?

Now if you mean to suggest a vanity I've rather broadly admitted to, frequently note and in the same sort of manner with which I poke others, okay. It's a work in progress. How's yours going? :D

:e4e:
For me, vanity would be ironic at best.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...Masks and patches are for those who care. And I'm pretty sure my weaknesses outweigh my strengths. And when I call a moron a moron it's not a dramatic reaction. I save my drama for Shakespeare.
When you attempt to apply a term to people who disagree with you that isn't applicable except as a childish sort of insult, it speaks to something else. What that is I can't say, but the most likely explanation is that being met with a frustrating lack of agreement and having failed in an attempt to declare the conclusion you attempt to declare something about the opposing party that might infer what you've been unable to establish else...that is, if I say you're a moron then I'm declaring a victory in a round about manner, suggesting that your inadequacy on point leads to an inadequate conclusion. Unfortunately for you (at least prior) it's an easily recognized and failed tactic.

The only person I see getting upset here is you.
Given I haven't shouted, haven't lowered my response to those previously mentioned schoolyard epithets, and have responded to fairly low brow insult in the same manner I address anyone spouting a great bit of nonsense, this statement by you is the precisely the sort of thing you attempted prior with hurling moron. That is, it's an unsupported declaration. And it's as ineffectual.

ASC doesn't care what you think about him.
I don't know if he does or doesn't (and neither do you) but that's never been the point.

So, again, why do you continue?
I've explained and more than once why I answer him now and again. Your asking the same question that I previously answered goes right back to why it is you're attempting what it is you're actually attempting. :D

Actually I'm asking the questions it seems you should be asking yourself. So, you are correct that I'm not actually looking for you to answer me.
Given I'm not confused on why I choose to expose the insufficiency of ASCon's consideration and methodology, that I've set out my reasons with no lack of clarity, it would be a pointless inquiry. Given you continue with it after the answer is given and mischaracterize/side-step my answer, well, I've already noted what it is you're about and why. Your efforts here are only illustrate the size and nature of those grapes. :chew:

It's only pitiful if your opinion was worth caring about. You've never shown me it is.
You spend a great deal of time saying that and addressing it and me. You might as well go on, LH. You're not fooling me and I doubt you're fooling anyone who doesn't mean to be. I only just illustrated the hypocrisy of your position taken at face value and otherwise it's no more flattering for you (see: hoisted).

I always preferred to walk away, when I could. Because it's not worth it.
If it isn't for you then you've made the right decision for you.

What does it say about one who has to prove it every chance?
Assumptive of you, again. I don't respond to every opportunity. That's you declaring again and for the same reason previously set out. I don't have the time or inclination to take each opportunity that presents itself. Like anyone else, I pick and choose as I come to it and it suits me.

Who are they trying to prove it to?
If you believe that's the point of argument or rhetoric I'd say your perspective was needlessly narrow and find it telling.

For me, vanity would be ironic at best.
That's missing something. Are you suggesting your problem is humility? :plain: Or were you being ironic...

bybee

When you attempt to apply a term to people who disagree with you that isn't applicable except as a childish sort of insult, it speaks to something else. What that is I can't say, but the most likely explanation is that being met with a frustrating lack of agreement and having failed in an attempt to declare the conclusion you attempt to declare something about the opposing party that might infer what you've been unable to establish else...that is, if I say you're a moron then I'm declaring a victory in a round about manner, suggesting that your inadequacy on point leads to an inadequate conclusion. Unfortunately for you (at least prior) it's an easily recognized and failed tactic.

Given I haven't shouted, haven't lowered my response to those previously mentioned schoolyard epithets, and have responded to fairly low brow insult in the same manner I address anyone spouting a great bit of nonsense, this statement by you is the precisely the sort of thing you attempted prior with hurling moron. That is, it's an unsupported declaration. And it's as ineffectual.

I don't know if he does or doesn't (and neither do you) but that's never been the point.

I've explained and more than once why I answer him now and again. Your asking the same question that I previously answered goes right back to why it is you're attempting what it is you're actually attempting. :D

Given I'm not confused on why I choose to expose the insufficiency of ASCon's consideration and methodology, that I've set out my reasons with no lack of clarity, it would be a pointless inquiry. Given you continue with it after the answer is given and mischaracterize/side-step my answer, well, I've already noted what it is you're about and why. Your efforts here are only illustrate the size and nature of those grapes. :chew:

You spend a great deal of time saying that and addressing it and me. You might as well go on, LH. You're not fooling me and I doubt you're fooling anyone who doesn't mean to be. I only just illustrated the hypocrisy of your position taken at face value and otherwise it's no more flattering for you (see: hoisted).

Assumptive of you, again. I don't respond to every opportunity. That's you declaring again and for the same reason previously set out. I don't have the time or inclination to take each opportunity that presents itself. Like anyone else, I pick and choose as I come to it and it suits me.

If you believe that's the point of argument or rhetoric I'd say your perspective was needlessly narrow and find it telling.

That's missing something. Are you suggesting your problem is humility? :plain: Or were you being ironic...

Certainly not irenic but, wouldn't that be lovely?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
When you attempt to apply a term to people who disagree with you that isn't applicable except as a childish sort of insult, it speaks to something else.
You assume it isn't applicable. I disagree.

I didn't say you were getting angry, I said you were getting upset. Otherwise you would have ignored him.

I'm pretty sure he's proven he doesn't care.

No, I'm saying your answer is not the truth.

Is it worth it?

You've proven no hypocrisy on my part.

Why is it worth it to you? What are you trying to prove, and to whom?

That isn't what I said.

If you don't know the answer to the question it's okay to admit that.

What do I have to be vain about? I am not handsome. I'm not anymore intelligent than the average person, even if most others don't recognize just how smart they really are [I blame the government schools]. I'm overweight. I can't even draw as good as some people seem to think I can. My poetry is really the best I have to offer, and where will that get me; shelter, food, etc.? I think not.

Nydhogg

Better safe than sorry.

You'd do well not to underestimate human idiocy. ANY kind of moron might get taken seriously. Better not to risk it ;).

What if Germans had laughed Hitler out of the stage? :Nineveh:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
On your defense of a practice you thought problematic enough to amend...
You assume it isn't applicable. I disagree.
Right, except that if you call a thing blue but can't do more than that and everyone who isn't color blind can see it's yellow...:plain:
I didn't say you were getting angry,
I didn't say you did. :squint:
I said you were getting upset.
Right. And I noted the absence of things that would indicate it, on paper (so to speak).
Otherwise you would have ignored him.
No. I pointed out that was nothing more or less than a rather self serving declaration on your part, much like your prior practice with moron, idiot, etc. Right. :plain:
I'm pretty sure he's proven he doesn't care.
And it still isn't the point.
No, I'm saying your answer is not the truth.
Right. You say all sorts of things. Mostly you fail to support them with more than that practice. And I've noted why I think you do in relation to me.
Is it worth it?
If I didn't either enjoy the exercise or find it necessary I wouldn't do it.
You've proven no hypocrisy on my part.
Sure I did. And unlike you I actually set it out about two posts ago. I noted it again in my last (see: hoisted).
Why is it worth it to you? What are you trying to prove, and to whom?
Asked and answered.
That isn't what I said.
Yes, it is. You said:
What does it say about one who has to prove it every chance?
I responded that I don't and illustrated it.
What do I have to be vain about?
I noted my struggle with that particular and asked you about your own and you responded with a comment that suggests humility...I can see you're struggling mightily with it. :plain:
I am not handsome.
Wouldn't know, but is that something you find particularly of note or worth?
I'm not anymore intelligent than the average person, even if most others don't recognize just how smart they really are [I blame the government schools].
Okay. And you've admitted to a lack of formal education. All the more reason to refrain from using terms like moron, especially aimed at people who aren't similarly disadvantaged.

That is to say that saying you aren't smart seems like the humility you mean to wear, but your practice speaks to a very different opinion. That's my way of saying I think you aren't being honest with one or both of us.
I'm overweight.
You can change that. Not necessarily a character defect, though it can indicate a want of discipline...or a bad thyroid. :idunno:
I can't even draw as good as some people seem to think I can. My poetry is really the best I have to offer, and where will that get me; shelter, food, etc.? I think not.
Okay, but none of those things (except maybe your weight) would remotely constitute a personal failing any more than my being color blind or being too tall to fly jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.