toldailytopic: Pedophile priests. Why does the the Catholic Church have such a wide-s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruciform

The Catholic Church has an especially sick, twisted, unhealthy view of sexuality.
How so, precisely...?

Its bureaucracy and policy of celibacy encourages, aids, and abets predators of children.
Unfortunately for your assumptions, this claim has already answered---and refuted---in Post #37 above.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

yeshuaslavejeff

it is not just a few, but every post in favor of rcc is blatantly in error and in support of a dangerous to the sould pernicious lie.
note
what husbands should know for the safety of their own daughters and wives everywhere that the abomination has any office at all -
"As for us, daughters and wives of Montreal, who have known by experience the filth of the confessional, we cannot sufficiently bless God for having shown us the error of our ways in teaching us that it is not at the feet of a man as weak and as sinful as ourselves, but at the feet of Christ alone, that we must seek salvation."

JULIEN HERBERT, MARIE ROGERS,

J. ROCHON. LOUISE PICARD,

FRANCOISE DIRINGER, EUGENIE MARTIN,

AND FORTY-THREE OTHERS!!! (at one time; thousands later)
the evidence is far beyond overwhelming and without any excuse.
worldwide, women, children and men are routinely, daily abused in the rcc.
any one who has gone into the abominable chamber of evil
is a witness of this abuse and most often a cowed victim also.
so afraid are the authorities, the power is so corrupt and widespread, that nary a fraction ever gets justice on this earth(until the Master returns WITH HIS OWN VENGEANCE and ETERNAL DAMNATION for the FALSE PAGAN HYPOCRITS!)

Granite

Hall of Fame
How so, precisely...?

We're getting into Holocaust denial land...

We're talking about an institution that, when it's not acting as a global cabal of child rapists, discourages condoms even when condoms could prevent STD's. We're talking about an institution that describes birth control within marriage as a sin. We're talking about an institution infested with predators of children. How is any of this "healthy"?

zippy2006

We're getting into Holocaust denial land...

We're talking about an institution that, when it's not acting as a global cabal of child rapists, discourages condoms even when condoms could prevent STD's. We're talking about an institution that describes birth control within marriage as a sin. We're talking about an institution infested with predators of children. How is any of this "healthy"?

There he goes again, flapping his lips like granny. Do you have anything to support these outrageous claims or are you just dancing for all to see? By "infested with predators of children" do you mean that around 2% of Catholic clergy have abused children, much the same as any other institution? Honestly, these fireworks you are putting on are getting pretty old :rolleyes:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
once again we do appreciate this opportunity to clear things up
which
we will have to do again
and
again
and
again

Granite

Hall of Fame
There he goes again, flapping his lips like granny. Do you have anything to support these outrageous claims or are you just dancing for all to see? By "infested with predators of children" do you mean that around 2% of Catholic clergy have abused children, much the same as any other institution? Honestly, these fireworks you are putting on are getting pretty old :rolleyes:

So what happened in Belgium and Ireland must've just been all a fib, yes?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
still others must appreciate the opportunity to once again trash the Church
which
they will continue to do again
and
again
and
again

zippy2006

So what happened in Belgium and Ireland must've just been all a fib, yes?

Cite your source and justify calling the Church a "global cabal of child rapists", "infested with predators of children," or else stop saying such things.

And again you seem to be implying that the Church is more evil than other institutions with access to children. Feel free to justify that as well.

I obviously agree that such acts are terrible and are a damningly disgusting problem, but you are implying falsities here.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Cite your source and justify calling the Church a "global cabal of child rapists", "infested with predators of children," or else stop saying such things.

I won't stop calling a spade a spade. If you don't like what I have to say, put me on ignore.

And again you seem to be implying that the Church is more evil than other institutions with access to children. Feel free to justify that as well.

I haven't implied that so I don't need to justify a thing. The church is overrun with pedophiles and has consistently refused to expose them, punish them, or hand them over to civil authority to face justice. The Vatican is rotten and perverse to its core and to say otherwise makes a mockery of the millions of children it has abused for who only knows how long.

As for the Belgians? Not a single church wasn't involved in abusing children. Not one.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/In...xual+abuse+Belgian+priests/3510755/story.html

rexlunae

To me the main problem with this, is not so much the fact that it has happened, it is indeed a grevieous and horrible offense which while no more widespread in The Church than in other Christian groups, it is to be deplored that it occurs at all. Rather, the main problem, as far as The Church is concerned, is the response that has been given to it and how the whole matter had been handled by the bishops and even the Pope.

I agree with almost everything in your post. However, it really isn't possible to know if this problem is more widespread in the Church than in other places, exactly because they've been so elusive about the whole thing. What we need is a secular investigation of the whole mess, not just the piecemeal bits that we get when one specific priest comes under scrutiny. Who knows how many cases have been buried by the Church? I think we're past the point where they're entitled to the benefit of the doubt.

I remember a time when we were told dismissively that this was an American problem. As it turns out, the problem was by no means restricted to the U.S., we just happen to have unearthed it first. And the Church authorities would have known this at the time that that response was being given.

For non-Catholics, that leaves a couple of obvious questions, namely, how can Catholics continue to venerate an institution, and a Pope, that have so clearly been corrupted so thoroughly? And what can now justify the special legal and political status of the Church now that they've proven that they can't be trusted with it? And what moral authority can they claim to wield now?

I don't claim to be impartial in asking these questions, but I have to wonder, who really could be?

Spitfire

Catholic Church: "Priests, don't have sex."

Priest has sex with a male boy.

Everyone else: "It's the Catholic Church's fault!"

Uh...? One plus one equals...chair?
My own take on this issue could not possibly be summarized more concisely.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
if it were that wide spread, you would be seeing people leave the
Church in large numbers
but
the Church continues to grow

Selaphiel

While I agree that there probably are no more pedophiles in the Catholic church than in any other institution which frequently deals with children, I think the real scandal is the cover up. Moving a priest, who is guilty of sexual abuse of children, to another parish is unacceptable. The priest should lose his office as a priest, then be prosecuted according to the laws of the state. Any bishop, cardinal or pope guilty of covering it up should lose their office as well plus be prosecuted for obstruction of justice and covering up very serious criminal activity.

I do not think that celibacy has anything to do with pedophilia. I think those who claim that have it upside down. I think people who have "disturbed sexuality" seek the church and a celibate life in hope to keep such sexualities at check and then failing to do so. You can not really claim that something is the cause of something if it only happens in 1-2% of the cases...

zippy2006

I won't stop calling a spade a spade. If you don't like what I have to say, put me on ignore.

My point is that you have no credibility, as I think has been adequately shown by the lack of facts to support your opinions.

I haven't implied that so I don't need to justify a thing. The church is overrun with pedophiles and has consistently refused to expose them, punish them, or hand them over to civil authority to face justice. The Vatican is rotten and perverse to its core and to say otherwise makes a mockery of the millions of children it has abused for who only knows how long.

You haven't implied it yet you just outright said it. :chuckle:

As for the Belgians? Not a single church wasn't involved in abusing children. Not one.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/In...xual+abuse+Belgian+priests/3510755/story.html

And therefore the Church is a "global cabal of child rapists"? Where did you learn to reason?

If you are going to say something, it would be nice if you could back it up. Since you don't seem to adhere to that rule of thumb, I want to make sure others aren't mislead by your emotional rants.

Granite

Hall of Fame
My point is that you have no credibility, as I think has been adequately shown by the lack of facts to support your opinions.

No credibility according to who, your highness?

And therefore the Church is a "global cabal of child rapists"?

It's one example of many. This abuse is ongoing on every continent and has been consistently hidden and suppressed.

Where did you learn to reason?

In the same place that taught me the Holocaust actually happened and that we landed on the moon. You?

Cruciform

Please explain precisely how the Church's theological/moral opposition to artificial contraception supposedly equates to, as you write, "an especially sick, twisted, unhealthy view of sexuality" (Post #6).

(Also, you can go ahead and stop trying to shoe-horn the clerical sex abuse issue into the equation, since it has no bearing whatsoever upon the Church's teaching on sexuality, but rather represents a radical departure from it. Also, as already observed, the actual percentage of priests involved was about 2%, hardly a reflection of the Church's own moral theology.)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.