toldailytopic: Pedophile priests. Why does the the Catholic Church have such a wide-s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruciform

On what basis can Cruciform call himself a Christian?
On the same basis that anyone can make such a claim: On the basis of the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ, the divine Son of God, on my behalf.

Is he still preaching dead works?

That assumes that I ever have, which I categorically deny. Rather, I preach a living faith.

Now, instead of concerning yourself with the salvation status of others, you might want to tend to the plank in your own eye, friend.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform,
+T+

Cruciform

And I pointed out the problems with this study already. You've ignored what I said.
Yes, I've ignored your speculative opinions. Unless you have an actual scientific study to cite...?

Wrong again. I pointed out the difference being child rapists and pedophiles and you seemed taken aback that I thought there was a difference.
Yes, that you thought there was a difference. Again, your confusion about how it "seemed" is your problem.

I have nothing to retract or apologize for.
You need to retract your false public claim that I ever once "denied child rape" or "excused it away." This is a straightforward lie on your part, and you know it.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yes, I've ignored your speculative opinions.

Yet when you speculate on my sex life that's supposed to be okay. Got it.

Yes, that you thought there was a difference.

There is. Read the link you already posted for the distinction.

You need to retract your false public claim that I ever once "denied child rape" or "excused it away." This is a straightforward lie on your part, and you know it.

It'd be a lie if that's what I said. What I do think you're intent on doing here (and what I've said before) is minimizing and otherwise trying to excuse or deny the complicity of the church leadership in the abuse as well as the extent of the abuse. That seems to be your shtick here on this thread. And I don't "need" to do a thing for you, pal. What you should be doing is taking a much harder look at the institution you stand and kneel for.

Cruciform

Yet when you speculate on my sex life that's supposed to be okay. Got it.
Again:
"Unless you have an actual scientific study to cite...?"
It'd be a lie if that's what I said.
That's exactly what you said, and what you said is a lie:
"...you seem more intent on trying to deny the reality of child rape within the church and excuse it away" (your post #117).
Please retract your false claim immediately.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Granite

Hall of Fame
Please retract your false claim immediately.

There is nothing for me to retract. Zip. Zero. When you can have an honest discussion about what's ailing your beloved church, let me know. Until then you're just another rank and file papist trying to run damage control.

Cruciform

There is nothing for me to retract. Zip. Zero. When you can have an honest discussion about what's ailing your beloved church, let me know. Until then you're just another rank and file papist trying to run damage control.

Last chance to salvage whatever tiny shred of credibility you might have left on this forum. Here is your exact statement in Post #117:
"...you seem more intent on trying to deny the reality of child rape within the church and excuse it away."
This is a straightforward lie. Either quote the post in which I have "denied" or "excused away" child rape, or retract your false claim immediately. Your failure to post quotations proving your claim will be taken as an admission that you are indeed a liar. Time to be a grown-up and correct this public slander on your part.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Last chance to salvage whatever tiny shred of credibility you might have left on this forum.

Spare me. This is TOL. This is not the House of Lords. And your opinion here does not amount to much.

What part of the word "trying" don't you get? Do I need to use small words now, or something?

You have spent your entire time on this thread trying to minimize, excuse, or dismiss a) the extent of the abuse scandal, b) the level of knowledge within the church that was aware of the abuse, c) the scope of the cover up worldwide, and d) the number of priests and authority figures within the church directly involved in the abuse. I haven't seen you condemn the abusers once, call for an inquiry, demand that civil action be taken, or denounce those who conspired to hide the truth. Not once. Your interest is in whitewashing the Catholic Church and its reputation: "Well, it was only two percent of the priests [not true, by the way]. Well, they just didn't know better or were naive [a complete lie, by the way]." On and on. Your attention on this thread's been focused on defending an institution that has conspired to hide the truth about a worldwide scandal involving the most grotesque crime imaginable. Mine's in seeing justice done and in calling a spade a spade. And now you have the audacity to dramatically (and stupidly) demand apologies and have the gall to start talking about slander. If you spent as much time attacking the child rapists within your church and directed your anger at them--as opposed to a stranger on a bulletin board--maybe you'd be able to make a dent within your church. Instead, I figure you'll continue to act like the only problem is with people who have the nerve to demand the church do something to stop child abuse.

It's Catholics like you who have enabled the church to get away with this debauched nightmarish filth for decades.

And if you don't like any of this, well...tough.

See ya, done with this thread. :wave:

Cruciform

See ya, done with this thread.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Rather than admit that your "arguments" are a complete failure, and that you lied and committed slander on a public forum, here you are simply bailing out of the thread in a self-righteous huff, as though it's somehow you who's been wronged.

As previously posted:
"...you seem more intent on trying to deny the reality of child rape within the church and excuse it away."
This is a straightforward lie. Either quote the post in which I have "denied" or "excused away" child rape, or retract your false claim immediately. Your failure to post quotations proving your claim will be taken as an admission that you are indeed a liar.​
Given that you neither proved your false claim with quotations, nor retracted your slanderous assertion, we are left only with the glaring conclusion that you are in fact a liar, and a public liar at that. Your credibility on this forum is now less than zero. Congratulations. :doh:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

...Instead, I figure you'll continue to act like the only problem is with people who have the nerve to demand the church do something to stop child abuse.
Yet another straightforward falsehood from a public liar. My reply comes from an article by non-Catholic scholar Philip Jenkins who writes on the subject:

I am in no sense soft on the issue of child abuse... My concern over the "pedophile priest" issue is not to defend evil clergy, or a sinful church (I cannot be called a Catholic apologist, since I am not even a Catholic). But I am worried that justified anger over a few awful cases might be turned into ill-focused attacks against innocent clergy. The story of clergy misconduct is bad enough without turning into an unpardonable outbreak of religious bigotry against the Catholic Church.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

some other dude

April 7, 2011
A Roman Catholic priest from Ontario
will stand trial on child sexual abuse charges.

Alejandro Castillo is charged with multiple counts of lewd acts with a child under the age of 14. He’s pleaded not guilty.

Authorities say the 58-year-old priest repeatedly molested a 12-year-old boy and may have sexually abused at least two other children while serving at Our Lady of Guadalupe church in Ontario.

Chalk up one more homosexual Catholic priest.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Pedophile priests. Why does the the Catholic Church have such a wide-scale problem with them?

When your :eek:linger: church departs from the word of God, it becomes perv-central (Rev. 3:14–22).

"The Roman Catholic system does not come from the Bible, it comes from the mystery religions of Babylon..." (Are Roman Catholics Saved? by John MacArthur.).

See:

Babylon as Seen in Scripture: An Introduction to Rev 17-18

"The confessional is the modern Sodom..." Full text: The Priest, the Woman and the Confessional by Rev. Charles Chiniquy

Also see:

All-Seeing Eye Surveillance (DVD)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.