toldailytopic: It is what it is. Sayings and phrases that drive you crazy.

john w

Hall of Fame
1. Talking head sportscasters, "experts:"

"There is no question/doubt about it."

Sure there is. If there was not, you would not be discussing it.
Just observe how many times they spew out this "filler."

2."That is just your opinion."

3. On TV sitcoms-every script has:

"Oh my God."

Again, observe how many times this is used.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To be honest, I'm so over the "cliches" and worn out phrases I can't tell you. You know what I mean? I swear, if one more person says, " I think I just threw up a little in my mouth", by way of example, I'm going to lose it. I mean, aren't you tired of the same ol same ol 24/7?

Well, I can tell you, personally I'm avoiding them like the plague. Cause life is too short to get caught up in all that drama. That's my two cents anyhow. Maybe you could care less, but I hope they're all on their way out.

For real? Surreal.

I am with you brother. I wouldn't touch a "cliche" with a ten foot pole!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 3rd, 2013 09:27 AM

toldailytopic: It is what it is. Sayings and phrases that drive you crazy.

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

I'm pretty sure it is :idunno:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
It would take a lot to drive me crazy. So, I'll recount some of the mildly to moderately irritating:

"I'm a moderate" (usually from a liberal who doesn't want to admit it).
"Awesome!" (right up there with "deep" and "profound").
"Right-wing nutjob" (used by left-wing nutjobs).
"I have rights!" (usually said by recalcitrant children in the face of superior authority. Some of these children are quite elderly.)

All for now. I'm like jus' sayin'. :D

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It would take a lot to drive me crazy. So, I'll recount some of the mildly to moderately irritating:

"I'm a moderate" (usually from a liberal who doesn't want to admit it).
"You're a liberal" bugs me when it's aimed at moderates (usually by a right winger that can't stand not being able to pigeon hole someone for disagreeing with their lock step mentality). :eek:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
"You're a liberal" bugs me when it's aimed at moderates (usually by a right winger that can't stand not being able to pigeon hole someone for disagreeing with their lock step mentality). :eek:
"I'm not trying to be mean" (A4T), but, that really puts the "iron" in "irony." :first: "Jus' sayin'" (GuySmiley).

"You're a racist." (Jefferson)

(Nota bene for liberals: It's the same as "Your a rascist!")

Last edited:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So it seems like any phrase that becomes popular is going to drive somebody nuts :think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
"I'm not trying to be mean" (A4T), but, that really puts the "iron" in "irony." :first: "Jus' sayin'" (GuySmiley).

"You're a racist." (Jefferson)

(Nota bene for liberals: It's the same as "Your a rascist!")
Not sure why my answer to the practice of telling someone else they're mind then suggesting they don't agree with you out of fear of being seen for who they are fits with any of those, but good to see you around, Frank.

Can't be the ironic line, since I've never seen a liberal similarly accuse a conservative. The next two are even more disconnected.

"'Sup with that?" :eek: